Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ability Delay -- Character Responsiveness (This will make or break SW:TOR)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Ability Delay -- Character Responsiveness (This will make or break SW:TOR)

Radagastimus
01.02.2012 , 01:35 PM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by allocater View Post
Do you know what Star Trek Online used? Because STO also felt delayed, unresponsive sluggish, clunky, slow, annoying and disconnected (dusc-sad! ;-)) to me and that is why I quit it after 1 month.
STO used same engine as Champions online and City of Villains/heroes. Cryptic engine was ingenious name Cryptic used of it. But STO combat as of present feels very good and responsive opposed to what it was about half a year after launch a<nd pre-launch as i was part of Beta then.

Cherme
01.02.2012 , 01:35 PM | #102
So is this up to 1200 pages roughly? with one response during that whole time, the response of "we're not sure its a problem"

Owarida
01.02.2012 , 01:36 PM | #103
Quote:
Greetings Vindor,

I am Protocol Droid U3-K5 of Human-Cyborg Relations...

I have received your transmission regarding your inquiry about the skill cooldown time not working properly.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

But let me just inform you that the game was made to be as real time as possible. That is the case when it comes to cooldown time. For example, you cast a skill that uses a light saber, you need to wait for the animation of that skill to finish before you can cast another skill that uses a light saber. It is the same for skills like force and the likes. Basically in a nutshell, if you are casting a skill that overlaps with another skill (ex. Gun to another Gun skill) the animation has to finish first. And there are other factors involved also, like skill cooldown, channeling etc. This is to make things more realistic and prevent skill spamming as opposed to other games.

Please do not hesitate to contact us again if there is anything further we can help you with. Have a good day.

Galactic Support is our specialty...

Sincerely,

Protocol Droid U3-K5 (aka Jan)
Star Wars: The Old Republic Customer Service
LOL.

Really?

Edit: This is a copy/paste that someone in Thread #3 said that they recieved as a reply to them from BW. *not from me specifically*

Radagastimus
01.02.2012 , 01:40 PM | #104
Quote: Originally Posted by Cherme View Post
So is this up to 1200 pages roughly? with one response during that whole time, the response of "we're not sure its a problem"
If you do and read from the beginning there is actually a post from BW that they are aware of this and investigating.

Radagastimus
01.02.2012 , 01:41 PM | #105
Quote: Originally Posted by GeorgZoeller View Post
This issue is under active investigation.

The complication is that there are actually a number of different issues with very different causes and potential resolutions lumped together in this thread.

All we can say for now is 'we are actively working on the topic of character responsiveness'.]
Here it is

Domstep
01.02.2012 , 01:42 PM | #106
Quote: Originally Posted by Owarida View Post
LOL.

Really?
If that's real they have no idea *** they are doing.....

berothop
01.02.2012 , 01:46 PM | #107
ive lost all hope i had..

Owarida
01.02.2012 , 01:58 PM | #108
Quote: Originally Posted by Reedful View Post
guys

i just played my first warzone since my teens

i click all my moves and let me be the first to tell bioware that there is no delay

this game is rly awesome i especially like the 1 quest were i helped the kids get credits and water for 100 light side pts

the game is flawless and perfect no delay

all the people here saying there is a delay are lying
This is why inbreeding is illegal. People actually believe that ****, Reedful.

Owarida
01.02.2012 , 01:58 PM | #109
Quote: Originally Posted by Domstep View Post
If that's real they have no idea *** they are doing.....
It's an email reply that someone got and posted in the last(now locked) thread. I just drug it over here so that it didn't get lost.

Sileh
01.02.2012 , 02:06 PM | #110
Quote: Originally Posted by Owarida View Post
It's an email reply that someone got and posted in the last(now locked) thread. I just drug it over here so that it didn't get lost.
If that email is actually real and that is Bioware's stance on this issue then I see no other option but to stop my subscription.

I don't have a problem with animations as long as they take as long as the cast time of the ability and not 0.2 - 0.5 longer which currently is the case for the majority of spells.