Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Star Wars vs WH40K

WillDad
01.07.2013 , 08:28 PM | #281
The only reason I can think of for Star Wars to put up a fight is to combine every faction including The Old Republic, the Sith Empire, The Galactic Empire, the Infinite Empire, the Chiss Ascendancy and the like, to band together and put up a fight. But unless they discover time travel that aint happening.
Kodose 55 Assassin and Kodosk 55 Marauder

Sevron 60 Mercenary

Warmaster_Vigor
01.13.2013 , 11:46 PM | #282
Quote: Originally Posted by WillDad View Post
The only reason I can think of for Star Wars to put up a fight is to combine every faction including The Old Republic, the Sith Empire, The Galactic Empire, the Infinite Empire, the Chiss Ascendancy and the like, to band together and put up a fight. But unless they discover time travel that aint happening.
Well if i may just say even if they did manage to combine all their forces from the past with those of the current SW universe then you must allow the 40K universe do the same, so we are no longer dealing with just the Imperial guard of the current 40k universe but the massive legions of Astarties of the past, where a chaptor of space marines number only 1000 psypathic killers now we are talking along the lines of 50,000 plus per legion and there are something like 20 legions each led by a primarch which is a true demi-god and thats not to mention the Emperor in his prime along with the Adaptus Custodians (proto Primarchs) which are his personal guard and he used to conquer earth without losing a single man might i add, twin that with the fact that your talking about combining all the factions of SW so we can combine all the factions of 40k as well, so lets see the endless swarms of the tyranids, the lightning fast raids of the eldar and dark eldar, the never ending march of the necron's undying legions, all currupting might of the forces of chaos, the rampaging orcs, the unbelievable firepower of the Tau all marching along side the for mentioned forces of the imperium

now to add to the imperium's forces

the forces of the the Grey Knights and Sisters of battle
all the chaptors of space marines (ultramarines, Space wolves, Dark Angels, Black Templar, Imperial Fists, Iron Hands, Ravens Guard, Blood Angels are names of but a few)
the Forces of the imperial guard including massive tank batallians all of which have the ability to reduce a city the size of London and hong kong combined to rubble within 12 hours
the Titan Legions of the Adaptus Machanicus
the Imperial Navy (past and present)

now if i have forgotten anything please forgive me as its like 05:30am here and im a little tired
but in a single caption no matter what little advantage you may think the SW universe has over the 40k one your not going to win regardless, mainly because your looking to take on a bunch of people and aliens that fight on a totally different level to that of the SW factions, for instance a general in the imperial guard wouldnt even blink if he lost a million men in a attack he would just send more and keep sending them to their deaths its just the mentality of the imperial guard they really dont care for their men they will keep coming, as for destroying Agri worlds in fast attacks and stuff like that (hands up) (oh well big loss) worlds can be repopulated and guarded easyly by a small contingent of their hugely overpowered ships, that is if they even consider caring in the first place, all they will want to do it whiping out all life in their way thats all they will care about especially considering that all your planets have been tainted by aliens and unpure tech, (orcs and the other races will just kill you without just cause) so yeah your SW universe past and present wouldnt stand a chance at all really its the carebears (Ewoks) VS crazed battle hardened Warriors (nearly everyone in 40k) sorry

pan_sObak
01.14.2013 , 11:53 PM | #283
i'm both W40k and SW fan

but i think that from military point of view W40k has a big advantage

in many ways both universe has equivalents
i just speak of W40k Emperium vs (Sith+Republic) not including Chaos, Necrons, Tiranids and Orcs

Imperial guard vs Stormtroopers
Karskins vs Mandolorians
AT AT vs Titans
and so on

W40k armaments are bigger and uglier and more powerful
but let's presume they are effective on the similar scale

as for me i think that Empreium will have an upper hand in battles - there is only a war for 10000 years!
and scale of mass destruction for Emperium is standart

SW hyperdrive makes hit&run tactics for SW very easy
but they will not stay long without bases and resources
and in face to face battle SW wil be overrun by the more resourceful and hardened Emperium

But we all know that the main battle will be fought by jedi/sith
and they are not main frontline strength - they are infiltrators and special forces

and they can not withstand Inquisition who cut their teeth on psykers, demons, xenos
and do not forget about Grey Knights and Deathwatch!
and there are other Space marines and their mighty Librarians!

SW has no chances.
Tomb of Freedon Nadd, Pansobak Legacy
Merc 60, Jugg 60, Sorc 60, Sin 60, Op 60, Sage 60, Comm 60, Guns 55, Vang 60, Sent 60

Craft: Bio 500, Cyber 500, Art 500, Arm 500, Armor 500, Syth 500