Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Star Wars vs WH40K

Zekid
01.12.2012 , 09:16 AM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by Admittance View Post
the problem with any thing like this is there is no real answer to these questions, and there never will be unless there is a crossover and both these universe have very protective owners
If there was a crossover someone would still have to decide who would win. The way you put it makes me think of a director giving actors loads of props from both universes and putting them on an island battle royale style. Or in the case of a computer game, codes programming loads of NPC based around the given facts of both IP's and then putting said NPC on a graphical island and letting them go at it battle royale style. This is a discussion and will always be a discussion. Everyone knows there is no answer.

except 40k would pwn SW :P. Unless we are talking point capped matches :P say 2000 point armies? whats a jedi worth?

eclipce
01.12.2012 , 09:32 AM | #102
"why so serious"

This ended many post ago and yadda yadda yadda

It's all in good fun.
"you cannot kill what you did not create"

CptBrit
01.13.2012 , 03:19 AM | #103
Quote: Originally Posted by Zekid View Post
except 40k would pwn SW :P. Unless we are talking point capped matches :P say 2000 point armies? whats a jedi worth?
Well i've never played TT, I've collected a few minitures (Blood Angels) but never looked in a codex.

First you need to conclude whether or not a Librarian is weaker or stronger than a Jedi/Sith.

Also Jedi/Sith aren't immune to blasters, they are just really good at blocking them, would they beable to block projectiles as easy? and seeing as though some of the Imperial Guard and most of the Space Marines use projectile weapons, Not Lasers, thats another thing to work out.

Basically you need to figure out what equals what (at least in training/experience) for arguments sake lets say:

1 Imperial Guard = 1 Republic Soldier/Imperial Soldier
1 Kasrkin/Stormtrooper = 1 Republic Trooper/Imperial Special Forces Soldier
1 Ogryn = 1 Wookie???????
1 Space Marine = Nothing! (I mean really even some of the really great Battle Droids wouldn't stand a chance...)
1 Librarian = 1 Jedi/Sith (In Force/Warp power NOT equipment)

The deadliness of 40k's Weaponary is scary (Fully Automatic guided Grenade Launcher? ***...) Star Wars's weaponary is just too clean, Would a blaster go through Space Marine armour? Doubtful. Then you've got to come up with how strong Imperial/Republic Soldier Armour is (Ignoring the Ewok debacle, with spears and arrows etc) compared to Imperial Guard Armour, which is supposed to be really strong... Just out of its depth in the 40k Universe.
Sa'rahi Sheph'erd - The Mercenary | Marxon Sheph'erd - The Guardian
Tae'Ruk Sheph'erd - The Juggernaut | Mysha Sheph'erd - The Sage
Leona Sheph'erd - The Assassin | Temo'rel Sheph'erd - The Vanguard
Mykael Sheph'erd - The Operative | Lel'Liana Sheph'erd - The Gunslinger

mangothehut
01.16.2012 , 12:12 AM | #104
Star Wars will win in the long run.
3D-4X: "Your afternoon tea, sir." Hekis: "Ah, thank you." 3D-4X: "Your afternoon reports, sir." Hekis: "Ah, thank you." 3D-4X: "Your death, sir." Hekis: "Excuse me?"―3D-4X and Hekis Durumm Perdo Kolokk Baldikarr Thun on Mechis III

CptBrit
01.16.2012 , 03:07 AM | #105
Quote: Originally Posted by mangothehut View Post
Star Wars will win in the long run.
Your just saying that to prolong discussion lol
How would Star Wars win?
Sa'rahi Sheph'erd - The Mercenary | Marxon Sheph'erd - The Guardian
Tae'Ruk Sheph'erd - The Juggernaut | Mysha Sheph'erd - The Sage
Leona Sheph'erd - The Assassin | Temo'rel Sheph'erd - The Vanguard
Mykael Sheph'erd - The Operative | Lel'Liana Sheph'erd - The Gunslinger

Skyraak
02.02.2012 , 04:56 AM | #106
Well you see there is this dude called Angron, him and his retinue of 12 Bloodthirsters. Then there is the greatest of all Bloodthirsters, his name is An'graath and then..... bah never mind, 40k would crush SW.

areto
02.02.2012 , 05:20 AM | #107
Star Wars has the greatest plot armor in sci-fi history (or rather a 100% miss debuff) whereas 40k has pretty much none.
“People speak sometimes about the "bestial" cruelty of man, but that is terribly unjust and offensive to beasts, no animal could ever be so cruel as a man, so artfully, so artistically cruel.”

Foxfirega
02.02.2012 , 05:22 AM | #108
Quote: Originally Posted by areto View Post
Star Wars has the greatest plot armor in sci-fi history (or rather a 100% miss debuff) whereas 40k has pretty much none.
Lord Kaldor Draigo. Ciaphas Cain (HERO OF THE IMPERIUM). Marneus Calgar. Dante. Mephiston. The Silent King. Yriel of Iyanden. Eldrad Ulthuan. Commander Shadowsun. Aun'va. Wazdakka Gutzmek. Comissar Yarrick.

Who doesn't have what now?
'Your name is in the mouth of others - be sure it has teeth.' - Maxim 16, The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries

Skyraak
02.07.2012 , 10:13 PM | #109
Quote: Originally Posted by areto View Post
Um uhh, what! 40k has near 30 years of plot armour.

SithZigg
02.07.2012 , 11:58 PM | #110
People who say how "dark and gritty" Star Wars is needs to take a look at the Warhammer 40K Universe. Compared to the 40K Universe, Star Wars is effing Mr. Rogers Neighborhood.
I'm a Sith Enchantress, I do evil Sith dances! And when you look into my eyes, I'll put you in trances! And you know what I'll do? I will make a Sith brew! And finish you off with force lighting too! Soooooooooooo, watch out!