Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Question...I get stuck moving sometimes, answer?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Question...I get stuck moving sometimes, answer?

techorize
02.21.2013 , 03:26 PM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by RoughRaptors View Post
Alright this has been going on for a long time now and no one I know has encountered it. I can't imagine what could be causing it aside from keybindings, but I looked it all over and nothing I see could cause it unless something within the game code is causing it when I press a certain combination of buttons.

Basically what happens is that I will be playing like normal, and then I will get completely stuck either moving forward or backwards. I can't cast anything except forcequake, salvation, and my instant casts (making me near worthless). If I turn on auto run while stuck walking backwards, I will stop in place, but still be unable to cast. If i am stuck walking forwards, I have to hold down the S key to keep myself from moving. Very...very rarely I can mash my keyboard hard enough and it will break out of whatever has happened, but most of the time this does not end until I either relog or the Warzone ends.

If anyone has had similar experiences or has any clue on how to fix this, it would be much appreciated. Thanks
[SOLVED] Someone has already mentioned it, but while I have no idea why the 'stuck in motion' issue occurs, I have confirmed that it can be undone by unbinding then re-binding the move command (whichever direction is stuck).

NogueiraA
02.21.2013 , 04:15 PM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by ZombieMeerkat View Post
Is it like you're running in place with an invisible wall stopping you? Happens to me all the time.
Happens all the time with me.

Consordian
05.18.2014 , 07:35 AM | #53
just unbind the "mouse button 4" keybinding for autorun or bind it to another ability. I have not encountered the problem since I have done this. Hope this helps
The Harbinger Consordion | Balance Sage
The Harbinger Sunsage | Seer Sage
The Bastion Z'ead | Vengence Juggernaut

Pearlie
05.18.2014 , 09:43 AM | #54
Blame your Nagas.

Unbind your arrow keys and things like home, end, page up, page down or you'll also have problems with focus targeting and making your chatbox go insane.

Fixed.