Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Space Missions: Crap or Cool?

01.02.2012 , 07:11 PM | #31
I like them but I was hoping for something more like Rogue Squadron. Team based, free flying, objective based space combat. And not just in space either, strike missions on ground based objectives would be great to mix it up a little.

PVP dogfighting would also be awesome.

01.02.2012 , 07:27 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Kyanzes View Post
They have a Rebel Assault feel to them, so I tend to like space missions.
My sole reason to do them as well! I start hearing the "Asteroid Field" track in me head (despite the music being played) whenever I see asteroids around! Graphic is also cool.

I think the free combat (like X-wing) if implemented, would cause the game to somehow become a simulation which needs more mechanics than an MMORPG can usually afford. I am happy with the current form, however, I think if they could spare the resources, it would be super cool to have a full scale space battle simulation (like a new X-wing) inside this game. Would add tremendous depth to the gameplay experience.

Nevertheless, good job!

01.02.2012 , 07:34 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by KoranHorn View Post
I would LOVE to enjoy the space combat missions, however, there is no option to INVERT the Y AXIS. I cant play without it inverted. Additionally, planes IRL are "inverted" forward is down, back is up.
I thought that was my problem only! Yeah, playing space stuff with a regular Y-axis (not inverted) is counter intuitively "counter intuitive"! I don't know why that option does not affect space combat.

01.02.2012 , 08:43 PM | #35
Love it! I do missions daily!

01.02.2012 , 08:55 PM | #36
For the moment I mostly enjoy the space combat, even with the bugs where if I destroy certain targets the game quits on me. I just wish the made the Proton torpedo usage a bit more clear.

I can however see the missions growing stale after a while. Hopefully BW updates them to keep them fresh. As others have mentioned, I would love pvp dogfights with space combat.

01.03.2012 , 07:40 AM | #37
crap. As a 9 time Ace in SWG ( yes I did all Empire, Freelance and Rebel), I enjoyed the more free roam aspect, pick fights when I want etc, compared to this rail garbage. I LOVED space combat so much I was hardly on the ground.

01.03.2012 , 07:44 AM | #38
Would you like to break up your game of WoW with a quick game of Starfox?

... yes, actually. Yes, I'm finding I do.
There is no try.

01.03.2012 , 08:39 AM | #39
This thread's talk of open space missions made me think of how it was in the *other* Star wars MMO...

*sheds a single tear of bitterness, vowing to exact gruesome revenge upon George Lucas and SOE*

01.03.2012 , 09:07 AM | #40
I have treated Space Combat how it was meant to be when designed, a mini-game. A little break from the real thing.

If you do that you will find it is very enjoyable.

Is it a flight sim? No. Nor should it be.

I think of it like a little arcade game on my ship.
The Dark Lord Of Peww Peww