Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Companion Armor/weapons help

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Companion Armor/weapons help

LaQriox
01.02.2012 , 04:17 AM | #1
It may be straightforward to everyone else, I am having trouble equipping my companion. I can buy, trade, or find anything for them. My difficulty comes when deciding what to acquire or what they get equipped with.
Whenever I roll over an item icon, it brings up the items stats and the stats of my comparable equipped item plus the difference between. The problem is... it only comes up comparing to "my"stats. Not my companions.
This is true even if I bring up my inventory and character windows and set character to companion. ex: item with "30 armor"; will read as a "-10 armor" in the stat changes, but when equipped to my companion is really "+15 armor" over what she was wearing.

Does anyone have a good suggestion for me on the best way to make this work? Or am I alone in seeing this issue? Its getting a bit frustrating when trying to give my companion better stuff.

Gyrt
01.02.2012 , 04:25 AM | #2
Dig a bit in your tooltip options - there is a setting where you can turn on gear comparison for your companions. With this on, when you mouseover an item you get a third frame with your companions currently equipped item.

Xupastars
01.02.2012 , 04:27 AM | #3
I usually dont use comparison window for my companion gear, just read the gear or weapon they are using then check the new one on my invent. its slow and boring after some days playing.
Caetano Dark-Side Human Commando Legions of Lettow

Xupastars
01.02.2012 , 04:29 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Gyrt View Post
Dig a bit in your tooltip options - there is a setting where you can turn on gear comparison for your companions. With this on, when you mouseover an item you get a third frame with your companions currently equipped item.
Nice, going to try that, tkx
Caetano Dark-Side Human Commando Legions of Lettow

GMNimloth
01.02.2012 , 04:31 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Gyrt View Post
^ THIS is ur answer mate!
Quote: Originally Posted by battlebug View Post
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.
Quote: Originally Posted by TheHarrowing View Post
I think the talking Flesh Raider from the Jedi Origin World got hold of a computer and is attempting to communicate.

Yun-law
01.02.2012 , 06:01 AM | #6
Also note that you need to have the companion summoned for it to compare to that companion.

Then the compare should work just fine.

When equipping them, your companion's equipment is accessible from your character sheet via the tab on the bottom.