Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Fix Darth Malgus knockback mechanic


Padarik's Avatar


Padarik
01.16.2012 , 03:56 AM | #81
Got it on our third go. First time we screwed up and didn't realise about the knockback thing. The second he bugged and when he flew over the edge he didn't die. Third time worked fine.

SoQVertical's Avatar


SoQVertical
01.16.2012 , 04:08 AM | #82
Problem will be solved for everyone lacking knockbacks come patch tommorow.

"Players can now acquire special Pulse Grenades outside of Darth Malgusí throne room. These grenades aid groups lacking knockback abilities in defeating him."

Read the patch notes!!
I will mess with your head.

Moolake's Avatar


Moolake
01.16.2012 , 04:20 AM | #83
Malgus always has one 1vs1 phase with each player (the one where he chokes the other party members). If you want ANY composition to work, just get high enough dps to kill him before he finishes the 4th 1vs1 phase (he won't become immune). Problem solved.

macumba's Avatar


macumba
01.16.2012 , 04:30 AM | #84
I think the whole fight is absolutely brilliant storywise. I would be very sad if anything changed here.
Just because you're not paranoid, doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

Spaarkaart's Avatar


Spaarkaart
01.16.2012 , 06:16 AM | #85
We wiped the first time, since we didn't see the knockback buff.
The 2nd time, he was solo attacking the healer didn't get the debuff and his HP still dropped to 0. Leaving his corpse behind.

AT least I finished it, wrong way or not. Wonder why he didn't get the immune/knockback buff on our 2nd try....

Aestel's Avatar


Aestel
01.16.2012 , 08:28 AM | #86
Quote: Originally Posted by SoQVertical View Post
Problem will be solved for everyone lacking knockbacks come patch tommorow.

"Players can now acquire special Pulse Grenades outside of Darth Malgusí throne room. These grenades aid groups lacking knockback abilities in defeating him."

Read the patch notes!!
I wonder if this means someone with a knockback can just do it on their own without coordination now.

Xzenthal's Avatar


Xzenthal
01.16.2012 , 08:41 AM | #87
Tbh is there any otehr class than sentinel that doesn't have a knockback? If im right then you will always have a tank and a healer that can knock him off.

Requimo's Avatar


Requimo
01.16.2012 , 09:14 AM | #88
As far as I know the only possible combination that wouldn't work is having 2 sentinel dps and a scoundrel healer in the group and at the same time NOT having a shadow tank (because as I shadow tank I can throw him solo with 2 knockbacks). It is a very small possibilty and it'll be already fixed with the patch. The mechanic is quite original and cinematic so I hope they won't change anything about it.

Deresdod's Avatar


Deresdod
01.16.2012 , 09:19 AM | #89
Quote: Originally Posted by Aestel View Post
I wonder if this means someone with a knockback can just do it on their own without coordination now.
More than likely they're still going to have to coord to throw them at the same time.
< CATALYST >
⋆ ⋆Destroying End Game content since 2005.⋆ ⋆
@deresdod

Farabee's Avatar


Farabee
01.16.2012 , 09:27 AM | #90
Quote: Originally Posted by Xzenthal View Post
Tbh is there any otehr class than sentinel that doesn't have a knockback? If im right then you will always have a tank and a healer that can knock him off.
Operatives don't have one either.
An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded. -Imperium proverb