Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Fix Darth Malgus knockback mechanic

Gvaz
01.02.2012 , 08:26 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Canarith View Post
This isn't WoW, where everyone can just come right into the instance without having seen a boss and just stomp the whole thing. There is some flesh on some of these encounters.
I can count the number of times I've wiped on a boss in a flash point in this game on one hand, even not knowing what's expected of me, even with the Directive 7 flashpoint last boss.

I don't know what kind of point you're trying to make. I'm not asking for the game to be dumbed down, I'm saying to remove the two knockback mechanic to just one knockback. It doesn't change the dynamics of the fight at all and makes it less frustrating with the current systems.

Auilt
01.02.2012 , 09:08 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by AlistairC View Post
I did it tonight and our Bounty Hunters knockdown didnt do a thing to Malgus.

The biggest problem with the instance is rather that you gotta plow through 2-300 weak and strong trash. I find it killing the momentum of the sweet story in there. Sure, I get it that he's trying to do a coupe detat and got an army, but I got hit by trash fatigue (yes I remember all the worst trash memories you have).
Your Merc was doing it wrong. I've personally knocked Malgus off the platform myself solo as a Mercenary. No one else in the group even had to use a knockback.

Cootie
01.05.2012 , 07:16 AM | #43
Bioware has been big on trying to say that you should play whatever class (and bring into instances) whatever classes you want... hence the lack of bloodlust like mechanics, etc.
Yet, here this instance is that requires two knockbacks.
It's not like we had a warning or a fair chance of knowing that two knockbacks would be required.
Anyway, we spent two hours doing this and the previous FP back to back. It was really crappy that we had to dump a player to down the lass boss.
Shame on you, Bioware.

veodarksabre
01.05.2012 , 10:19 AM | #44
No way...thats the mechanic that 'makes' that fight. Other than that, its a boring fight.
The Jedi Extermination Unit is back in business!

Joxur
01.05.2012 , 10:33 AM | #45
I vehemently disagree. This is one of the least bugged FPs in the first place, and the mechanic is easy enough to do, and has a lot of "cool" factor to it.

If there really are a lot of class makeups that don't have a knockback (are there?), then they should fix that instead.

trotsky_tor
01.05.2012 , 10:37 AM | #46
As an Operative with no knockback at all (at least not one that works on Strong/Elite mobs)...I loathe this mechanic.

Hessen
01.05.2012 , 10:40 AM | #47
Bioware have stated several times that they want each class type to be equally viable. All tanks should be equally viable, all healers and so on.

If you have to have a certain class or certain spec advanced class for a boss mechanic where an alternative literally cannot complete the content - that is strongly against what they have intended.

I'm all for challenging boss fights, mechanics, even tweaking specs to accomplish things. But I do think the impact of the current FE requirements (especially on normal) is more of a bad thing than a good for the community and the game itself.

"Looking for 1 DPS for False Emperor, must have a knockback" Isn't something you want to see in general.
Twisted
EU - Tomb of Freedon Nadd
16m Raiding Guild - Recruiting

Mavery
01.05.2012 , 11:45 AM | #48
I've done this with only one Jedi in the group.

It does not need fixed. You can come up with two knock backs in any group combination.

Dyraele
01.05.2012 , 11:57 AM | #49
I don't know the FP but when Malgus goes into this chain of lightning or whatever it is, why is knockback the only thing that breaks it? My smuggler has a groin kick and an interrupt spell, why would those not work as well?

I know that CE is in here somewhere

DemonicFerret
01.05.2012 , 12:11 PM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by Mavery View Post
You can come up with two knock backs in any group combination.
You understand that stating something like that doesn't actually make it true. As it happens, it's not.