Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

An example of how unpolished endgame is

Cranberries
01.02.2012 , 05:57 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by zandadoum View Post
UBRS in wow, 15man instance. got tuned down years later to 5man

but was perfectly polished endgame back then.
MC and Ony were in the game too but Blizzard made it clear their loot tables were incomplete and should be sought purely for the challenge as they were working on proper, rewarding loot tables.
Quote:
Rumors of Onyxia, an enormous black dragon, have been heard through out Azeroth. Be sure to bring many brave warriors for she won’t take kindly to intruders in her lair. Both factions will need to complete unique, and challenging quests to gain access to the Onyxia encounter. **During the beta testing there will be a temporary placeholder vendor who sells keys to Onyxia’s lair for testing purposes.

Discovered in the heart of Blackrock Mountain beyond the Depths, lies the Molten Core. Within the Molten Core lives a multitude of ancient and powerful evil. Adventurers be ware, for the dangers found within the Molten Core are many and takes many forms.

** Raid loot is being worked on and temporary loot has been placed in raid encounters.

GeLopez
01.02.2012 , 06:02 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Cranberries View Post
It would've taken half a year to fix this wreck they've launched with. Perhaps longer. They released it because it was Christmas, and at Christmas people are vulnerable to expensive **** that doesn't work. Endgame raiding is just so incomplete - there's no point discussing it or taking it seriously because of the amount of issues there are. It's pretty simple to understand this game misses out on fundamental, basic functions that are integral to good MMO gameplay.
Actually, what makes so many of these issues aggravating is that so many of them seem like they're pretty basic. Things like where the boss spawns or making some spells simply turn off during phase transitions do not seem like they'd be massive coding challenges. Same thing with PVP issues like the Ilum daily and weekly requiring killing players and players dropping Mercenary Commendations in Ilum and Outlaw's Den.
Lopez - Jedi Sage @ The Fatman

kalexkhan
01.02.2012 , 06:19 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Cranberries View Post
MC and Ony were in the game too but Blizzard made it clear their loot tables were incomplete and should be sought purely for the challenge as they were working on proper, rewarding loot tables.

Most of the loot was their, it just had placeholder art. I remember getting my rogue bloodfang but it was just a red version of the tier 0 armor for a long time.

Raid culture was still new back then. Hardcore raiders were probably still in eq, or hedged their bet on eq2 instead. Wow also launched with significantly more differentiators compared to eq, than swotr has with wow for example. This is important because bug tolerance is higher when you have newer features.

DarkZenith
01.02.2012 , 06:21 AM | #34
The OP rushes to level 50 in a game which has only just been released, and then complains about lack of polish. Hilarious.

GeLopez
01.02.2012 , 06:37 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkZenith View Post
The OP rushes to level 50 in a game which has only just been released, and then complains about lack of polish. Hilarious.
It's not "polish." A lot of things are completely broken, as in they do not work at all.

I am patient enough to wade through these bugs. My point is that most people aren't, and when those top guilds complain loudly about the bugs it could spell trouble for the game's health.
Lopez - Jedi Sage @ The Fatman

WereMops
01.02.2012 , 06:43 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Mannic View Post
Rift.

/argument
Rift's endgame wasn't quite as polished for atleast the first month as some people seem to remember, there was bugs, crashes, boss problems, bugged mechanics and not to mention exploits which caused atleast one whole guild to be banned for exploiting.

so no, no /argument
No matter how right you think you are, consider that you might be wrong.
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Some people just shouldn't have the right to announce it.

Cryptoling
01.02.2012 , 06:43 AM | #37
I really wanted to roll an alt while I waited for endgame to be fixed only to be put off because I'm worried I will miss out on some cool character creation option when Legacy gets implemented. Seriously considering just canceling my account for now and then starting up again when things are running smoother aka working properly. Or at least working enough to get through without too much of a headache.
Khaled - Jedi Sage - Krayt Dragon
<Carnage Gaming> raidordie.com

flunkorg
01.02.2012 , 06:50 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by WereMops View Post
Rift's endgame wasn't quite as polished for atleast the first month as some people seem to remember, there was bugs, crashes, boss problems, bugged mechanics and not to mention exploits which caused atleast one whole guild to be banned for exploiting.

so no, no /argument
Why are people trying to pass rift as a perfect game?
As far as I remember it, it was actually worst then this at launch...
Quote: Originally Posted by Skoobie View Post
I've said it before and I'll say it again:

The game isn't broken, some of the playerbase is.

FellintoOblivion
01.02.2012 , 06:51 AM | #39
Honestly, how much time would it take for a programmer to open a file and change the names of these mobs? 5 minutes?

It's pretty obvious BW was under a mandate to ship the game before Christmas.

I mean how do you launch a game with vendor filters that don't work?

Cranberries
01.02.2012 , 06:53 AM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by flunkorg View Post
Why are people trying to pass rift as a perfect game?
As far as I remember it, it was actually worst then this at launch...
It wasn't. It had most of what WoW had. Even had better graphics and, in my opinion, better ideas - the 'rift idea' was one of genius. Server wide events that can entice mass pvp and mass exodus of creatures in order to gain special items. That's totally genius.

Rift lacked a 'big name'. That's the really depressing thing.