Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

An example of how unpolished endgame is

Ethern
01.02.2012 , 10:50 AM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by BrambLed View Post
Or the other option: keep the game in production until it's finished.
This but apparently EA and shareholders disagreed.

brokentelevision
01.02.2012 , 11:16 AM | #102
yeah....this game is gonna go F2P in about 6 months.

There is no end game here, and it won't get changed ever. If they didn't fix it from beta till now, they'll never fix it.

They don't care about fixing issues with PvP. Bioware doesn't understand MMO's at all. Like period. They don't know the first things about MMO design. Hell, this game is screwed up even for a single player game. Oh well. Waiting on first real patch to see what they change.

Wolfeisberg
01.02.2012 , 11:27 AM | #103
Quote: Originally Posted by Sparklehorse View Post
Don't worry so much about the general population. Bioware themselves say the majority of people are in their late 20's early 30's and will never see many of these bugs you mention.

Honestly, a couple un-named mobs and bosses that spawn in the wrong place is pretty damn good for polish on an end game 11 days after release. Our expectations might be a little high, especially those of us that rushed to 50.

Of much larger concern is the state of the interface. This impacts players from the very beginning, is universally panned for being terrible, and has much more influence on a persons general game impression than some trash they forgot to name and a boss that likes to spawn where a raid enters a room to a dungeon many of the players wont see for at least another month or two.
These players are are already at end game stage, or even the hardcores, they just don't understand that the vast majority of MMO players are not end gamers, but are casual players that enjoy playing multiple characters. That these casual players really don't get to play as much as these people already 50 or the hardcores, so it will take them a long time to reach end game.

I have been playnig the game since dec 15th, only playing one character and I just hit level 22 a few days ago, with 1 day 15 hours of game time into it so far.

YooYooMa
01.02.2012 , 11:28 AM | #104
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mp6DSd2W-RI

This game has great end-game.

10/10

LOVE THIS GAME BIOWARE

Wolfeisberg
01.02.2012 , 11:29 AM | #105
Quote: Originally Posted by GeLopez View Post
These problems trickle down because it gives the game terrible word of mouth. That is what I'm saying. Please read at least the TL;DR part of my post.

Also, the endgame mobs are not the entire problem. They are only the tip of the iceberg. They represent the lack of serious testing endgame got.
The majority of the player base don't even know who these premier end game guilds are. I even question the importance of end game to the majority of the players.

KrelosDarksky
01.02.2012 , 11:30 AM | #106
ROFLMAO

The game is a couple of weeks old and he is already talking about ENDGAME?

Just quit now please.

Come back when you've designed your game that STARTS with endgame content.

Amiracle
01.02.2012 , 11:30 AM | #107
WoW had server crashes for the first 9 months and it wasn't uncommon for Blizz to credit free days because of it. Because some of these crashes were for the entire day.

So far I have had not one crash, Only seen one bug where my daily didn't update when I did the heroic.

My experience so far has been great.

Other than it feeling more like a coop rpg than a MMORPG, but thats for another thread.

Bollah
01.02.2012 , 11:35 AM | #108
A little reality check for MMO players. MMOs will never be 100% polished and bug free there will always be bugs.

Recently, in WoW the biggest guilds were banned for exploiting which was missed by Blizzard after several months of testing. There are many times where the BG queues don't work and you are stuck in queue forever. These things happen all the time.

Why did I bring up WoW? because it is the other big MMO and a good comparison.

There will be bugs and we should expect it. But just like the OP we should demand they fix these bugs which i think BioWare is actively doing.

DarkZenith
01.02.2012 , 11:38 AM | #109
Quote: Originally Posted by KrelosDarksky View Post
ROFLMAO

The game is a couple of weeks old and he is already talking about ENDGAME?

Just quit now please.

Come back when you've designed your game that STARTS with endgame content.
This.

End-game two weeks after release? Seriously? Get a life please, and a job, then maybe stop playing 15 hours a day, every day, and you will not have to worry about running out of things to do!

PjPablo
01.02.2012 , 11:39 AM | #110
Quote: Originally Posted by Bollah View Post
A little reality check for MMO players. MMOs will never be 100% polished and bug free there will always be bugs.

Recently, in WoW the biggest guilds were banned for exploiting which was missed by Blizzard after several months of testing. There are many times where the BG queues don't work and you are stuck in queue forever. These things happen all the time.

Why did I bring up WoW? because it is the other big MMO and a good comparison.

There will be bugs and we should expect it. But just like the OP we should demand they fix these bugs which i think BioWare is actively doing.
Please name these 'biggest guilds' that were 'banned'? There were some issues in LK but no major guild was banned.