Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Mako is out of place.


JawaJedi's Avatar


JawaJedi
01.01.2012 , 11:55 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by TheUninite View Post
Well the problem is you get nothing out of being neutral in this game, not yet at least.
Your point? The two aren't related. If your so keen on min/maxing, you can easily farm either light/darkside with diplomacy or flashpoints, or companion points with gifts (easily attained with underworld).
Quote: Originally Posted by Saevio View Post
I haven't understood anything anyone has said in this thread so far. That's common on these forums though.

Stormcloudx's Avatar


Stormcloudx
01.01.2012 , 11:56 PM | #12
You make a good point, thats why I'd have no quarrel being in the empire if I had to choose between the two..the empire is not a faction full of evil people...they are a different ideology....even tho they have a bit of revenge fuel for the republic taking things too far last time.

TheUninite's Avatar


TheUninite
01.01.2012 , 11:58 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by JawaJedi View Post
Your point? The two aren't related. If your so keen on min/maxing, you can easily farm either light/darkside with diplomacy or flashpoints, or companion points with gifts (easily attained with underworld).
That I did not know.
I guess its not that much of a problem then, but it would still be nice to have such a mod like I stated in my OP.

Guildrum's Avatar


Guildrum
01.02.2012 , 12:03 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by TheUninite View Post
That I did not know.
I guess its not that much of a problem then, but it would still be nice to have such a mod like I stated in my OP.
Thing is, I like the "shade of grey" characters. Example- my Trooper's companion, Aric Jorgan, likes following the orders of the Republic, whether it's light or dark side. Imagine this-

In one situation, it's the lightside option to go ahead with arresting a criminal instead of taking a bribe, Aric would like that, but when you are told to go kill some people who may be innocent, the light side choice is to let them go, but Aric doesn't like going against orders.

krisslanza's Avatar


krisslanza
01.02.2012 , 12:08 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by TheUninite View Post
That I did not know.
I guess its not that much of a problem then, but it would still be nice to have such a mod like I stated in my OP.
It would undermine the entire purpose of companions though, to just make them "fit" to your playstyle. They have their own views, it's just the way it is.

Rikalonius's Avatar


Rikalonius
01.02.2012 , 12:40 AM | #16
I know a lot of people can't be arsed to listen to the dialog, but if you do, you'll find that Bioware does a decent, I emphasize decent, in representing the views of the average soldier. It also doesn't paint the Republic in pastels. The Republic is shown through the planetary quests to have been up to some repugnant practices. I play a light side bounty hunter, because honestly, Bounty Hunting is not assassination. My IA is really dark. I love to interact with the soldiers on the battlefield, and I'm always compelled to be nice to them and do what I can to help them on the battlefield. Maybe because of my own military background, I don't know.

Like I said, they do decent job of separating the opinions of the common soldier, trapped under sniper fire from Republic insurgents say, and the Sith Lord back at the command center waxing philosophical about fighting the war. I'm usually less respectful to them.

One thing Bioware gets wrong is to always assume not killing is light sided. In Black Talon, Killran seems very disappointed that you didn't bring 'the general' back. I'm sure, as Marcellus Wallace said in Pulp Fiction, he would have spent the rest of his short a**ed life in agonizing pain. Yet, to not kill him is light sided, and to kill him, and spare him what you know he is going to endure, is dark sided.

Tyriene's Avatar


Tyriene
01.02.2012 , 12:46 AM | #17
One thing Bioware has done consistently throughout all of their games, Companion Characters have minds of their own, they don't just follow you because you said so, and don't just agree with you because you're the 'hero'. Companions will disagree with you when they think you are wrong, I know in other Bioware games, they will just leave if you aggrivate them to much. If you really want to get the best affection with a Companion, then you have to gear your responses to their personality not your own. I myself have companions who can't stand me no matter what I do, I chalk it up to their personality and mine don't jive and therefore don't use them. I've always played Bioware games this way and will continue to.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion | Through passion, I gain strength | Through strength, I gain power | Through power, I gain victory | Through victory, my chains are broken | The Force shall free me
Sturmgrenadier

JawaJedi's Avatar


JawaJedi
01.02.2012 , 01:51 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Rikalonius View Post
I know a lot of people can't be arsed to listen to the dialog, but if you do, you'll find that Bioware does a decent, I emphasize decent, in representing the views of the average soldier. It also doesn't paint the Republic in pastels. The Republic is shown through the planetary quests to have been up to some repugnant practices. I play a light side bounty hunter, because honestly, Bounty Hunting is not assassination. My IA is really dark. I love to interact with the soldiers on the battlefield, and I'm always compelled to be nice to them and do what I can to help them on the battlefield. Maybe because of my own military background, I don't know.

Like I said, they do decent job of separating the opinions of the common soldier, trapped under sniper fire from Republic insurgents say, and the Sith Lord back at the command center waxing philosophical about fighting the war. I'm usually less respectful to them.

One thing Bioware gets wrong is to always assume not killing is light sided. In Black Talon, Killran seems very disappointed that you didn't bring 'the general' back. I'm sure, as Marcellus Wallace said in Pulp Fiction, he would have spent the rest of his short a**ed life in agonizing pain. Yet, to not kill him is light sided, and to kill him, and spare him what you know he is going to endure, is dark sided.
I think you've found the first moral controversy I've agreed with, at least without doing the quest yet.
Quote: Originally Posted by Saevio View Post
I haven't understood anything anyone has said in this thread so far. That's common on these forums though.