Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Mako is out of place.

TheUninite
01.01.2012 , 11:25 PM | #1
Hello, I wasn't quite sure where to put this since I am not much of a Forum poster, but here goes.
I believe that Mako is in the wrong side of the Galaxy, she keeps going mad everytime I do a Darkside choice, now I would have no real problem with that, if it wasn't for the fact that the Bounty Hunter is a sith class. I know she is just following the Bounty Hunter codex, but as far as I know the codex doesn't say anything about it being bad to kill the innocent for some good credits or to give droids to the Empire.
I believe there should be a companion mod that makes the Character lightside, darkside, or neutral.

Daecollo
01.01.2012 , 11:27 PM | #2
to be honest there needs to be more romancable female companions.

Guildrum
01.01.2012 , 11:43 PM | #3
The way I see it, Mako likes a Bounty Hunter, but not one who's "evilly evil for the sake of evil evilness". (That's obviously exaggerated), but she is fond of the BH that does his job and doesn't necessarily act like a jerk/kill people that won't earn him/her credits, that's why as a BH, I will spare as many people as I can if I do not have a bounty on them, that is if it's a Light v. Dark choice.

I mean, I doubt I'd like a guy that killed everyone for kicks, lest they get angry and point that blaster at me.

LowfatEnvelope
01.01.2012 , 11:44 PM | #4
The codex entries are your friend =) Look under likes and dislikes near the bottom of the entry.

krisslanza
01.01.2012 , 11:49 PM | #5
You're looking at it wrong. Each companion has their own personality, their own moral code. In Mako's cause, while she is a bounty hunter, she does not believe in pointless killing. If the bounty is dead or alive, she'll take alive - there's no reason to kill someone needlessly.

I know a lot of Sith Empire players seem to get angry at companions like Mako, because she tends to frown on any dark side choice. Working for the Sith Empire does NOT mean you are dark side, or are expected to take dark side choices. There are plenty of people in the Empire, who would probably do just fine in the Republic, not all of them go around senselessly killing people.

TheUninite
01.01.2012 , 11:50 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Guildrum View Post
she is fond of the BH that does his job and doesn't necessarily act like a jerk/kill people that won't earn him/her credits, that's why as a BH, I will spare as many people as I can if I do not have a bounty on them, that is if it's a Light v. Dark choice.
Problem with that logic is you will get both Darkside Points and Lightside points out of that.

krisslanza
01.01.2012 , 11:51 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by TheUninite View Post
Problem with that logic is you will get both Darkside Points and Lightside points out of that.
What's wrong with that?

JawaJedi
01.01.2012 , 11:53 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by TheUninite View Post
There's not a problem with that logic, BioWare even says that its not a direct correlation.
Quote: Originally Posted by Saevio View Post
I haven't understood anything anyone has said in this thread so far. That's common on these forums though.

Guildrum
01.01.2012 , 11:53 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
What's wrong with that?
Gameplay, endgame gear needs high light/dark side points to acquire, at least from vendors.

I do not really care, I can survive without the "l33t3st gear in the west".

TheUninite
01.01.2012 , 11:53 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
What's wrong with that?
Well the problem is you get nothing out of being neutral in this game, not yet at least.

Quote: Originally Posted by Guildrum View Post
I do not really care, I can survive without the "l33t3st gear in the west".
Well, I prefer knowing the responses to all of my choices, so everytime I am about to complete a quest I click esc and redo the whole conversation, unless I don't feel like it of course.
Obviously I also skip what I have already heard, would be boring to hear the same stuff over and over.