Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hard Mode EV Ancient Pylon bug

SmoothC
01.01.2012 , 10:37 PM | #1
A few nights ago we were rolling thru EV on hard mode and when we reached the Ancient Pylon part of it it would bug out where after both sides are complete on the 2nd tier, the controls would no longer light up. After exitting and resetting a few times, we managed to finally get an instance of it not bugging out and moved on to finish the Council and call it a night. Just wondering, for future reference, if anyone else has encountered this bug, and if so, if there is any kind of workaround. Much appreciated.
Brochor, Raid leader for Infinity Born, Space Slug Imperial

Spekkio
01.01.2012 , 10:44 PM | #2
We had this happen to us tonight, but after five resets it never worked, so we called it a night.
Spekkio
GM of Zeitgeist
http://zeitgeist-swtor.com

AriasImmortal
01.01.2012 , 10:59 PM | #3
It's not a bug, make sure you're completing each tier at the exact same time (IE, write down the order, know how many turns its going to take you, and do a countdown on the last turn).

Shaetun
01.02.2012 , 11:19 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by AriasImmortal View Post
It's not a bug, make sure you're completing each tier at the exact same time (IE, write down the order, know how many turns its going to take you, and do a countdown on the last turn).
We did all of that and it still bugged.

We also did that successfully until 4th one and then someone messed up so it may be part of the right way but either there is something else or it has bugs.

Dacadus
01.02.2012 , 11:48 PM | #5
I don't understand why people think it has to be completed at the same time, or you have to follow a diagram, or your limited by how many acitvations this info is false. We waited to click the consoles and we ONLY clicked the right consoles when doing it just to test this and we completed the pylon boss just fine. If your getting locked out after the 2nd 3rd row you have to reset the instance it's the only way to fix it. The only added mechanic is a 30sec debuff timer your clickers get other than that its the same fight as normal.

Feel free to hop on Dreshdae Cantina and check out my Rakata Legs if you doubt me btw.
GM of Nerfed
Dreshdae Cantina
www.nerfed-guild.enjin.com

NeXuss
01.03.2012 , 09:43 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Dacadus View Post
I don't understand why people think it has to be completed at the same time, or you have to follow a diagram, or your limited by how many acitvations this info is false. We waited to click the consoles and we ONLY clicked the right consoles when doing it just to test this and we completed the pylon boss just fine. If your getting locked out after the 2nd 3rd row you have to reset the instance it's the only way to fix it. The only added mechanic is a 30sec debuff timer your clickers get other than that its the same fight as normal.

Feel free to hop on Dreshdae Cantina and check out my Rakata Legs if you doubt me btw.
because we spent many attempts just clicking and having it bug but the first attempt using the pattern we identified and synched completion we won?

Dacadus
01.03.2012 , 10:22 AM | #7
Lol there's no pattern mechanic to this fight lol. There's roughly 4 guilds on my server doing Hard mode EV and each one does this boss differently and none of them follow a "pattern" or lock in at the same time lol. I guess we're all just getting lucky every reset.
GM of Nerfed
Dreshdae Cantina

KitePolaris
01.03.2012 , 10:32 AM | #8
The pattern from right to left on the wheels is:

Purple-Red-Green-Blue-Yellow-White

So at the beginning you can determine how many spins it will take and minimize the time the encounter takes rather than just doing one side. That way there's less of a chance to bug.

Dacadus
01.03.2012 , 10:50 AM | #9
The point of the matter is there is a bug to the fight not a missed mechanic like some have been suggesting in threads about this encounter.

Yes you can minimize your console activations but it's not required to complete the encounter.
GM of Nerfed
Dreshdae Cantina

Trayne_
01.03.2012 , 10:51 AM | #10
There's a way to do it but I will let everyone else figure it out first.