Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Theory: Do haters FEAR the potiential influence of SWTOR?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Theory: Do haters FEAR the potiential influence of SWTOR?

Klarick
01.01.2012 , 09:28 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by TheHirogen View Post
On a serious note, I do hope this is the future of MMO's,
I wish! But I highly doubt it. The money and development time required to code this masterpiece is way out of the reach of most developers. Bioware is one of the very few gaming companies with the resources to pull this off. You will continue to see WoW-clones from the others unfortunatly (see Rift, and the upcoming GW2 as examples).

Foxtrotmikelima
01.01.2012 , 09:29 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by LionRampant View Post
For the love of god do you actually believe people are here complaining because they WANT the game to fail?

Did you ever consider that many are sick of WoW and other MMO's and are completely disappointed and aghast at the horrible flaws in TOR?

The biggest problem for me is that there are simply TO MANY issues that BW will not fix fast enough, and this game will die as even the most patient of players loses patience with one of the very many issues it has right now.

Believe me I've seen it all before, many times.
I actually believe some people have nothing better to do with themselves then to attempt to influence others with lies. Seeing how far a 'rumor' will go is some peoples whole lives, as pathetic as it is. I see it everyday. Person A tells Lie X to Person B, Person C (knows for a fact Lie X is a lie) persuades Person B Lie X is true, because Lie Y proves it. This goes on until everyone is convinced Lie X happened because of its rampant knowledge. Person A and Person C sit back and smile with content theyve outsmarted the masses.

Horrible Flaws? Interesting you describe them that way, yet give no factual evidence they are actually horrible. But you have no problem insinuating they are 'aghast' and 'horrible' because this again, looking back at my first paragraph is another way to influence others opinions of whats going on.
The First Jedi Principle of Combat: Survive - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Uben
01.01.2012 , 09:29 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Majestic_Jazz View Post
TL;DR I believe these people just want to sabotage the SWTOR popularity because they fear that if SWTOR grows, the future of MMOs would be more like SWTOR such as focusing on story and the leveling process instead of endgame. They fear that MMOs would become single player friendly. In short, they fear that the SWTOR formula would be the baseline formula for future MMOs.
They can never make enough levels fast enough. In addition static content will always be more expensive, the fastest consumed, and the hardest to replace as the game progresses. For the alternate example: Pvp content is the cheapest to implement with the greatest curve ratio. It is dynamic. With so little they will replay the content over and over and over.. making it different by the live element. It take very little in the way of coding. Give them a flag. Give them a leader ladder.. they will cross the same ground hundreds of times.

I am not here advocating pvp. I just used as an example. Dynamic content and the speed.. as opposed to the static content and how long it takes.
Uben Qui ___
S A I N S
We and the force are merely tools for the gods.

klinesmoker
01.01.2012 , 09:31 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Klarick View Post
Expand it? To what? It pretty much says it all. English is my only language, so I am unable to write this in another one. What language is your primary one, and I will try to help through Googling.

Sorry?
Fine, continue to be a broken record. Stating that "people that dislike the game are being drown out by those who like it" is actually NOT an argument.

Given that it is NOT an argument I think you have fairly free reign to explain why someone is wrong in their perspective by using logical conclusions drawn from time spent in game. There you go.

TheGreenAlloy
01.01.2012 , 09:31 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by klinesmoker View Post
You've stated this argument in another thread. Try expanding, please.
If he started elsewhere and continues here, is he not expanding?

TheHirogen
01.01.2012 , 09:32 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Klarick View Post
I wish! But I highly doubt it. The money and development time required to code this masterpiece is way out of the reach of most developers. Bioware is one of the very few gaming companies with the resources to pull this off. You will continue to see WoW-clones from the others unfortunatly (see Rift, and the upcoming GW2 as examples).
Maybe so, but if it becomes nr 1 allwill clone it as allcloned WoW, that is how the industry works, something works, copy it.I believe that is why Bioware made the MMO, they saw what MMO's are and they wanted to give gamers a real good gaming experience for their moneys worth even if it is an MMO. Which makes sense since I pay more for this than Skyrim.

I mean

To elaborate on my argument, 8+ years of EvE, latest big improvment to game? 4 new ships. 8+ years and game still have sameproblems it did back at start, 8 years later...

WoW how many years? how many monthlysubscriptions? how many expansion packs? biggest improvments are what? flying? pandas? higher level raid with more gear and more things to grind? whatever

Think about the amount of actualcontent your moneys worth have been giving you on other MMO's besides "grind".

Why waste money on that when I can get batman, skyrim, MW3 etc. ten times better games at WAY less cost for me. Now I got that and an MMO in one=awesome.

Please take note world!
Bioware quotes- "Twilight owns" "QUEL HORREUR" "JAMES JOYCE SUCKS" "DEAL WITH IT" "BUTTON AWESOME" "It was a bug" "expect increased fidelity" "Some people are just haters"

Klarick
01.01.2012 , 09:36 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by TheHirogen View Post
Maybe so, but if it becomes nr 1 allwill clone it as allcloned WoW, that is how the industry works, something works, copy it.I believe that is why Bioware made the MMO, they saw what MMO's are and they wanted to give gamers a real good gaming experience for their moneys worth even if it is an MMO. Which makes sense since I pay more for this than Skyrim.

I mean

To elaborate on my argument, 8+ years of EvE, latest big improvment to game? 4 new ships. 8+ years and game still have sameproblems it did back at start, 8 years later...

WoW how many years? how many monthlysubscriptions? how many expansion packs? biggest improvments are what? flying? pandas? higher level raid with more gear and more things to grind? whatever

Think about the amount of actualcontent your moneys worth have been giving you on other MMO's besides "grind".

Why waste money on that when I can get batman, skyrim, MW3 etc. ten times better games at WAY less cost for me. Now I got that and an MMO in one=awesome.

Please take note world!
Understood. However, just becasue a developer would want to copy SWTOR, they simply can't. WoW is easy to copy, and thats why most do. However, this game is far above the norm and literally takes millions to produce and a huge development team. It will be very difficult for anyone to try and make a SWTOR clone.

Caelrie
01.01.2012 , 09:36 PM | #28
I think you need to just deal with the fact that not everyone likes the game.

TimboFisher
01.01.2012 , 09:37 PM | #29
I think the ones who are complaining about heavy instance and linear worlds might fall under that category of fearing the direction of current MMOs. I don't think end game raiders really do though since end game content is already in the game just some don't like it's current form I guess(Haven't reached 50 myself).

WLpride
01.01.2012 , 09:38 PM | #30
Well, the hater ALWAYS fear's anything that might make him look bad (especially if they don't like or even more so if they don't want to like something cliche), so in all likelyhood, you are possibly correct... with exception...

but really, any effort to beat WoW at it's own game, while changing the rules will fail miserably again and again...