Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Theory: Do haters FEAR the potiential influence of SWTOR?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Theory: Do haters FEAR the potiential influence of SWTOR?

Ditboo
01.05.2012 , 02:38 PM | #181
Same story as always.

People think their personal dislike of "insert what they dislike here", translates to the whole product being a failure to the rest of humanity in general too.

MMOrpgPrincess
01.05.2012 , 03:34 PM | #182
Quote: Originally Posted by Lethality View Post
Well, not knocking TOR because it's a good game... but it isn't the view (including my own) of what a true MMO should be. People have varying expectations about what makes a game an MMO.

The vision of my future perfect MMO includes one without player levels, abilities that are skill based (the more you use an ability, the better you get at it), true player driven economy, robust crafting/merchant play, robust diplomacy/faction play, and still have a guided storyline (but not necesssarily for the player character, a general overall world story will do fine.)

Call it a themebox or sandpark... there is a happy medium that has not yet been struck.
Sounds like Tera ^^ (I will play both)
Life is What I do When I'm Not Gaming

arnaudlublink
01.05.2012 , 04:23 PM | #183
Too many simple basic mystakes in many different ways for a mmo game.

Conclusion:
People paying for a game which isn't finish and are forced to pay each month for it.
There are so many bugs/not well made design that all those stuff won't be fix in a month or maybe never can be fixed because the way they made the game.

World pvp isn't there.
Search function of market
chatbubbles
Map layout and UI + not having a clear universe/world map
Lack of design: parks and not having living feeling in the game -> birds/rabits/ other mobs with different animations etc etc...
warzones, not even showing the name of the warzone at the loading screen(made me laugh) and choise of selecting.
To less items to upgrade it, but I got my bags full of upgrade stuff which I can't use.

This list of me is only 0.5% I could write 95% more.

And don't give me the crap with PATCH, because I already paying for this!
They had 6 years time to fix those little but so irritating things.

I will continue to play 3 months, then I think I will quit...

Vaestmannaeyjar
01.05.2012 , 04:29 PM | #184
I hoped bioware wouldn't make a mess of the only starWars MMO like SoE bothced SWG post NGE. It's not as bad as the NGE, but it's so generic once you're 50. Daily quest and instance farming.
Guess what If I quit WoW it wasn't to get the exact same repetitive gameplay in another game, and I can't even go back to SWG now.

Leporello
01.05.2012 , 04:30 PM | #185
What we want doesn't matter. It doesn't matter if I want TOR to succeed of fail. TOR will succeed or fail completely regardless of my desires.

TOR will succeed or fail depending on whether it provides a product enough people want and are willing to pay for month-to-month. As it is, this game needs a lot of improvement, or it will fail. I don't want that to happen necessarily, but it will. And it will be deserved.

BioWare was given lots of money and time, and they were given Star Wars, probably the single-most desirable creative-intellectual-property that exists in the universe. Based on these facts, this game should blow WoW and every other MMO out of the water. If it doesn't, that is a failure, regardless of your opinion on the game, or mine.

Andryah
01.05.2012 , 04:35 PM | #186
Quote: Originally Posted by Mashy View Post
The problem as I see it OP is the loss of epeen. Swtor is a game that is enjoyable by the masses and does not concentrate on epeen waving thus offending the soapbox hardcore wannabees. You saw them come out on the forums recently after smashIng their way to 50 and claim that there was nothing to do. Problem with that was that nobody cared then or now. These guys are terrified that their snowflakes have melted before they even hit the ground; and for the most part they Indeed have.
I think there is more then a little truth to this.

This is not a game for the hardcore epeen flashers. Which is fine. Never liked those folks anyway. Let them go find a hardcore game they actually like.

What they are doing until the 20th is trying to be hardcore epeen flashers on the forum. It's obnoxious and annoying.
sayonara SWTOR. I will miss the game, I will miss many players, I will NOT miss being lied to and deceived. I will not miss rookie level mistakes of epic proportions.

Isende
01.05.2012 , 07:29 PM | #187
Quote: Originally Posted by Kashley View Post
OP,

People are complaining and hating because they expected more. So much has been dumped in story that major flaws have been over looked, such as the ability delay and optimization issues. They don't want to pay for an semi-redundant interactive story book. They want a challenge.

That is all.
quoting because thees ees eet inna nutshell, folks. read it again, and let's hope your comprehension is up to par.
I heal for you. You kill for me. Seems a workable solution.

Avia
01.09.2012 , 11:50 PM | #188
Quote: Originally Posted by Lethality View Post
Well, not knocking TOR because it's a good game... but it isn't the view (including my own) of what a true MMO should be. People have varying expectations about what makes a game an MMO.

The vision of my future perfect MMO includes one without player levels, abilities that are skill based (the more you use an ability, the better you get at it), true player driven economy, robust crafting/merchant play, robust diplomacy/faction play, and still have a guided storyline (but not necesssarily for the player character, a general overall world story will do fine.)

Call it a themebox or sandpark... there is a happy medium that has not yet been struck.
There are a few of those around, the problem is they tend to fail miserably. Darkfall, Earthrise, and a few others. There will be no AAA sandbox mmos, since you demand everything in a traditional mmo, but minus the designer controls to keep you playing (read: 'end game' and 'the grind' and 'pvp[not just PK]').

TheHirogen
01.09.2012 , 11:51 PM | #189
Not anymore,thought so at first, after 2 weeks I realise that no other MMO company have anything to fear, except SWG that got killed because of company policy regarding having 2 mmo's with same license.
Bioware quotes- "Twilight owns" "QUEL HORREUR" "JAMES JOYCE SUCKS" "DEAL WITH IT" "BUTTON AWESOME" "It was a bug" "expect increased fidelity" "Some people are just haters"

Yvin
01.09.2012 , 11:57 PM | #190
Greetings!

We ask that threads made in General Discussion center on Star Wars™: The Old Republic™. Since this thread is focused on the community and not the game, we're closing it for being off-topic. Thanks for understanding!