Anyone Dislike Jedi knight voice acting?

wolfsheadbane

It just doesn't have that commanding power yet calm and wise voice about it , it always seems like he has no emotion and that he has a bubble in his throat though the sith warriors is worse but honestly , i dont understand why they didnt get one of the jedi knights from the trailers to voice him

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It just doesn't have that commanding power yet calm and wise voice about it , it always seems like he has no emotion and that he has a bubble in his throat though the sith warriors is worse but honestly , i dont understand why they didnt get one of the jedi knights from the trailers to voice him

David Hayter is one of the best in the industry. You're just weird.

jedi knight's voice acting sounds pretty whiny

This , and just because david hayter did it doesnt make it good at all , you are all just fanboys , if he did it in the solid snake voice then maybe itd be good , but as far as it goes for a jedi knight its terrible , hes too whiney and doesnt sound commanding and staunch protector knight like at all and the script is pretty damn terrible and the sith warrior is just beyond the worst thing ive ever heard

I sorta agree with the no emotion part.....feels like during some dialogue there's emotion and some there isn't.

Overall though I like the jedi knight voice acting.

Wow, I didn't know that David Hayter did the voice over to the Jedi Knight.

Love his voice from the MGS series, so that is great news, but surprised I didn't recognize his voice in the 1st place. :D

Edited by Maccaz

He's alright. I dislike how robotic he sounds. Jedi suppress their emotions and think on a rational basis, they are not emotionless. The voice is fine, I just wish there was more varied tone to his voice.

He sure sounds better than Hayden Christensen however. I just wish they wheeled in Ewan McGregor to voice the JK :D.

jedi knight's voice acting sounds pretty whiny

Now whiny is definately NOT the word I would use. But he is scripted to be a Jedi. a solid, good ol farm boy, bible thumpin' Jedi. he's a goody good. A goody two shoes, an alter boy if you play him completely light side.

That I can go with. But whiny... never. Whiny is Anakin in episodes two and three.

Edited by patheman

Solid Snake voice = Bounty Hunter

No BH= trying too hard to be Solid Snake Voice... :)

I admit knowing it's David Hayter makes me biased. But it does depend on your choices. DS/kinda neutral ones do have some emotion and sarcasm in them and I like the sound of David's JK voice. The Consular on the other hand just is void of emotion for almost any choice.

Edited by ErisktheRed