Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Slicers....


KetMalice's Avatar


KetMalice
01.01.2012 , 05:31 PM | #1
400 Armstech-Investigation here.

Blue items don't sell, period. 10 missions to crit and get 2 purple mats. 2k per mission. 20 hours total.

Purple item takes 4 purple mats. Total cost to create said purple item-40k. Price that my purple items HAVE NOT sold at Ina week? 15k

And a bank full of blue mats I have to vendor.

I know what stats each class and specs need. I have created only the best items to sell.

Editon't give me the crap about no 50's. There are plenty.

SpaghettiMonster's Avatar


SpaghettiMonster
01.01.2012 , 05:47 PM | #2
I don't see what a broken crafting system has to do with slicing.

AntoniusDelitan's Avatar


AntoniusDelitan
01.01.2012 , 05:52 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonster View Post
I don't see what a broken crafting system has to do with slicing.
Because everyone else's crew skill missions COST THEM money.

Slicers are complaining that they don't make as much anymore... even though they still MAKE MONEY.
<Down with the Sithness> - Daragon Trail - Empire

SpaghettiMonster's Avatar


SpaghettiMonster
01.01.2012 , 05:59 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by AntoniusDelitan View Post
Because everyone else's crew skill missions COST THEM money.

Slicers are complaining that they don't make as much anymore... even though they still MAKE MONEY.
Scavenging may lose money because it's so saturated you can't make profit on the GTN. Other crew missions have the possibility of making money by selling the material, or saving money by using it to level up your crafting skill.

The problem isn't slicing though, even pre-nerf. The problem is that no crafting skill except bio has demand because vendors sell better stuff for less effort. So complaining that you lose money in other crafting skills because no one wants to buy anything for profit is a problem with those crafting skills and has nothing to do with slicing.

KetMalice's Avatar


KetMalice
01.01.2012 , 06:03 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonster View Post

The problem isn't slicing though, even pre-nerf. The problem is that no crafting skill except bio has demand because vendors sell better stuff for less effort. So complaining that you lose money in other crafting skills because no one wants to buy anything for profit is a problem with those crafting skills and has nothing to do with slicing.
Exactly...read the other Slicing posts though. All the slicers are complaining that the otehr crafters can make money and they can't heh.

Leilei's Avatar


Leilei
01.01.2012 , 06:06 PM | #6
Are there orange armstech craftable weapons?

Cuz Im looking for orange stuff LOL

SpaghettiMonster's Avatar


SpaghettiMonster
01.01.2012 , 06:18 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by KetMalice View Post
Exactly...read the other Slicing posts though. All the slicers are complaining that the otehr crafters can make money and they can't heh.
I don't think slicers said necessarily crafting is making more money, but it should in end game if the crafted items were worth the effort. However, other crew skills like Underworld Training and Treasure Hunting can turn in more profit than slicing ever could if you sell the items and mats you get. I think most slicers will admit that it should've been adjusted in lower levels. Higher levels of slicing were less profitable and didn't give a higher rate of rare items so it wouldn't make a level 50 rich.

I think crafting needs to be reworked to add a benefit worth all of the money and time spent on leveling it up. It has potential, but vendors stuff is just as good or better even in end game. Slicing should be buffed a bit in the higher end, and maybe slightly in mid levels. As it is now a lot of crafting skills are just money sinks with no carrot at the end of the stick to make it worth it.

RvEijndhoven's Avatar


RvEijndhoven
01.01.2012 , 06:40 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by KetMalice View Post
Exactly...read the other Slicing posts though. All the slicers are complaining that the otehr crafters can make money and they can't heh.
Actually, they aren't.

Crafters (Slicers are not, by definition Crafters) are complaining that they can't make money and pre-nerf Slicers could. (Like you're doing now in a roundabout way.)
And that that is why the nerfs were needed.
Other crafters then reply that they're not working hard enough andthey (the other crafters) then claim to be making heaps from their crafting.

The Slicers are actually just complaining that they're broke now. So are a lot of Crafters.

The_Stig's Avatar


The_Stig
01.01.2012 , 07:07 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by KetMalice View Post
400 Armstech-Investigation here.

Blue items don't sell, period. 10 missions to crit and get 2 purple mats. 2k per mission. 20 hours total.

Purple item takes 4 purple mats. Total cost to create said purple item-40k. Price that my purple items HAVE NOT sold at Ina week? 15k

And a bank full of blue mats I have to vendor.

I know what stats each class and specs need. I have created only the best items to sell.

Editon't give me the crap about no 50's. There are plenty.
Let me let you in on the dirty secret Ket, since you are a Chilastrian. To get a guaranteed purple material drop send the companion on the level 340 purple missions for whatever craft you are doing. 4 purple L6 items guaranteed.
$$$$$$
$$$ CAESARUS$$$

$$$ UNDISPUTED $$$
$$$PORT NOWHERE$$$

Shammus's Avatar


Shammus
01.01.2012 , 07:10 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by The_Stig View Post
Let me let you in on the dirty secret Ket, since you are a Chilastrian. To get a guaranteed purple material drop send the companion on the level 340 purple missions for whatever craft you are doing. 4 purple L6 items guaranteed.
Oh lets not forget that slicers control the prices on these missions as well.. which used to be a good way to do things, but now its not.

@ the prices I've seen the 340 missions like for example 25k for a scavenging 340 mission it makes me LMAO because that's not even worth it.

I could gather the mats for free, in less time

25k for the 340 underworld trading? No thanks.. I'd rather craft blues since I'm guaranteed to have some.. and 25k is an EXPENSIVE failure when the mission fails.. which seems to happen 1 in 5.
Sith Weapons And Tactics
Guildmaster | Giradda the Hutt
You have been knocked unconscious! Pain and suffering tries to strike YOU, but misses! You died. Returning to home point, please wait...LOADING, PLEASE WAIT