Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Flashpoints too long for 99%

Strelsky
01.01.2012 , 07:44 PM | #21
I can safely say that I'd prefer to spend an hour or two in one longer instance than spend the same time repeating several instances over and over... and over... again...

Given there's a limited number of instances, I'd prefer to do a different one every day as opposed to having short instances, that are all doable every day resulting in me getting nightmares after a few days of farming them all

Lostkitty
01.01.2012 , 07:48 PM | #22
Cata's flaw is the dungeons where to short... if you think they are long or these dungeons are Long then you got problems with the ppl u run with
"Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering."
―Yoda
"No! Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try."
―Yoda

Graburr
01.01.2012 , 07:53 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by dark_wolf View Post
I don't think TOR's are too long though, in fact I would be cool if they added a few longer ones eventually.
I like the fact that you can make it as long as you want. athiss, cademimu, taral V all have groups that can be avoided, and the use of force push etc. makes things even shorter.

which reminds me of the group that wanted to clear taral V completely ....

Bloodymoon
01.01.2012 , 07:54 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by AceM View Post
Yeah right.. maybe if you don't listen to any of the conversations and you have a team of high level people that know exactly what they are doing.

It took me around 2 hours the first time to do Black Talon
Of course we do not listen to conversations anymore - there are no new coversations, we already heard the conversations the first time we went in there.

The bosses in Black Talon are laughable - our healer does not need to heal in any boss fight. This FP is REALLY easy and really fast.
aka Moon

Ruio
01.01.2012 , 08:00 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by kvalentin View Post
Apperantly no one has ever done wailing caverns in vanilla (sticking to the wow comparison)
Oh god

Thormart
01.01.2012 , 08:37 PM | #26
Well SOMEONE clearly never did BWL in vanilla. Let me just tell you. Nothing quite like taking down vael the first time. Now there was a boss that was satisfyinh. Saying nothing about good old neffie himself.

I miss those days.
----------------------
Owner and manager of the stiff lekk'u. The official 10/4/2011 Beta thread bar of the TOR forums.
http://penny-arcade.com/comic/2003/01/29

Fatespuppet
01.01.2012 , 09:00 PM | #27
Everyone always compares things to WoW. Try the 12 hour marathon Task Force groups in CoH way back in the day. There were no save points. If someone disconnected the system dumped them from the group and you either forged ahead without them or started over.

Oh yeah, did I mention that they required a full team of 8 to start? Good times.

I like the length of these FPs so far. More then 90 minutes and it would be hard to set aside time to run them, and less than 30 minutes can't really be called much of a FP. The length of the Esseles is perfect(around an hour).

Velladys
01.01.2012 , 09:05 PM | #28
Instances are new, players are new.

I just did Taral V normal with a group of lvl 30's+
We kept wiping on the sith extra boss and could'nt kill last boss.
Run took 4 hrs lol.

Sure its long and frustrating but its part of progression. My group was'nt made of super bad players just that running in at lvl 30 is kinda low lvl for Taral V.

Anyways the message is, Give it time. Enjoy the content for what it is.

Mavery
01.01.2012 , 09:16 PM | #29
Cata instances were not long nor were they the reason for the loss of subs.

It's really refreshing to see the length of FPs here in TOR. I really agree with what a previous poster said: it's better to do one longish than several short ones over the same period of time. It really prevents burnout.

I love it.

Canarith
01.01.2012 , 09:35 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by kaesebreze View Post
The problem is that even with no wipes the shortest flashpoints takes 40 minutes...

Add in wipes, the longer flashpoints, etc., they all take way to long to complete.
Believe it or not, most people playing this game kinda like the length of the flashponts. A flashpoint shouldn't be shorter than most quests take in this game.