Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Revan .... I'm Sorry, but Really?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore > Spoilers
Revan .... I'm Sorry, but Really?

Vromrig's Avatar


Vromrig
01.06.2012 , 12:05 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Kraklin View Post
IMO Revan shouldn't have been in the game to begin with. KOTOR2 began to deviate continuity in order to come up with a reason for him to not be there. In KOTOR1 it shows that Revan and Malak's fall to the dark side wasn't because of zelously chasing Mandalorians but kick-started by them exploring the Rakatan ruins on Dantooine and then using the Mandalorian war as an excuse to find the other star maps and claiming the star forge for themselves. Even still, the Emperor wanted them to use the Star Forge as a vanguard to weaken the Republic and kick-start his invasion by several centuries. In the end the Star Forge was destroyed and the Republic, though battered, was not much worse for the wear. It would have been much more plausible for Revan, described as a great tactician, to have stayed behind and help strengthen the Republic as much as possible instead of electing to keep it all secret and going on a suicide mission.

Basically, I treat this storyline as an "alternate universe" type and move on.
Nope, it's canon.

Rextab's Avatar


Rextab
01.06.2012 , 12:11 PM | #22
Revan didn't die at the end of Foundy, he simply vanishes.
HK-47 was defeated. It says he can be repaired in the dialog by both Revan when you meet him...and I THINK i remember Malgus mentioning it as well (even upgrading him no less).
The force didn't keep Revan alive. I read up on this today as I was also curious as to how he could be alive after 300 years.
After losing a battle to the Sith Emperor, he was put into a stasis tank until the events set forth in SWTOR.

Kraklin's Avatar


Kraklin
01.06.2012 , 01:21 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Vromrig View Post
Nope, it's canon.
I know they've declared it as canon, it's just very stupid.

Vromrig's Avatar


Vromrig
01.06.2012 , 01:54 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Rextab View Post
Revan didn't die at the end of Foundy, he simply vanishes.
HK-47 was defeated. It says he can be repaired in the dialog by both Revan when you meet him...and I THINK i remember Malgus mentioning it as well (even upgrading him no less).
The force didn't keep Revan alive. I read up on this today as I was also curious as to how he could be alive after 300 years.
After losing a battle to the Sith Emperor, he was put into a stasis tank until the events set forth in SWTOR.
He vanished about as much as the victims of the South Korean airlines "vanished". He exploded. Death is a leading cause of "missed days of work" in people that suffer from explosions.

HK is not being brought back to life. Revan makes it explicitly clear: HK is dead. Any repairs result in a whole new HK, he will "never be the same".

You guys aren't mad that it's a bad story, you're mad because your favorite character is mortal.

It's ok, we all felt the same way when Ned Stark got the axe.

Blastback's Avatar


Blastback
01.06.2012 , 02:02 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Vromrig View Post
He vanished about as much as the victims of the South Korean airlines "vanished". He exploded. Death is a leading cause of "missed days of work" in people that suffer from explosions.

HK is not being brought back to life. Revan makes it explicitly clear: HK is dead. Any repairs result in a whole new HK, he will "never be the same".

You guys aren't mad that it's a bad story, you're mad because your favorite character is mortal.

It's ok, we all felt the same way when Ned Stark got the axe.
You know that HK showed up pretty much himself in Star Wars Galaxies right?
"You can't look dignified when your having fun"
"Yub Yub Commander."

SeanC's Avatar


SeanC
01.06.2012 , 02:04 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Vromrig View Post
He vanished about as much as the victims of the South Korean airlines "vanished". He exploded. Death is a leading cause of "missed days of work" in people that suffer from explosions.

HK is not being brought back to life. Revan makes it explicitly clear: HK is dead. Any repairs result in a whole new HK, he will "never be the same".

You guys aren't mad that it's a bad story, you're mad because your favorite character is mortal.

It's ok, we all felt the same way when Ned Stark got the axe.
Tell the people at star wars wiki to fix what they wrote about revan then I thought for the most part they were pretty accurate about the info that they put up or they indicate that it clashes with canon or that its not canon at all. I for one don't care if hes alive or dead, but it would be nice if the posts about him being alive or dead could be put to rest.

Foxfirega's Avatar


Foxfirega
01.06.2012 , 02:04 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Vromrig View Post
You guys aren't mad that it's a bad story, you're mad because your favorite character is mortal.
Considering a driving point behind KotOR2 was that very fact, I'm incredibly surprised that people aren't aware of this more in regards to Revan. :U

Jedi/Sith are just mortals with power. They live, they breathe, they bleed, they die. And sometimes, it doesn't exactly take much.

Spoiler


Revan is just a man, end of the day.
'Your name is in the mouth of others - be sure it has teeth.' - Maxim 16, The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries

Vromrig's Avatar


Vromrig
01.06.2012 , 02:07 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by SeanC View Post
Tell the people at star wars wiki to fix what they wrote about revan then I thought for the most part they were pretty accurate about the info that they put up or they indicate that it clashes with canon or that its not canon at all. I for one don't care if hes alive or dead, but it would be nice if the posts about him being alive or dead could be put to rest.
Wookiepedia is a horrifying inquisition of refuse and except for looking for small details about obscure topics, is a waste of internet space.

The leaps and bounds they try to go through to argue that Dooku was not Yoda's padawan is disgusting and shows that what they care about is being the deciders of apocrypha, not the preservers of canon.

Kraklin's Avatar


Kraklin
01.06.2012 , 02:08 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Vromrig View Post
HK is not being brought back to life. Revan makes it explicitly clear: HK is dead. Any repairs result in a whole new HK, he will "never be the same".

You guys aren't mad that it's a bad story, you're mad because your favorite character is mortal.
Yeah, he does say that. I figure HK's memory core was destroyed in the fight so even if it looks like HK, HK it ain't.

Also, you are wrong in my case. It's the story, not the mortality. I felt that the explanations crafted for Revan were weak and the decisions he made to depart and fight the True Sith made little sense, partly due to his mortality. Also, TOR is set 300 years later and focuses on a new batch of heroes. Revan's time was in the past. He should not have had a place in TOR.

Vromrig's Avatar


Vromrig
01.06.2012 , 02:09 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Kraklin View Post
Yeah, he does say that. I figure HK's memory core was destroyed in the fight so even if it looks like HK, HK it ain't.

Also, you are wrong in my case. It's the story, not the mortality. I felt that the explanations crafted for Revan were weak and the decisions he made to depart and fight the True Sith made little sense, partly due to his mortality. Also, TOR is set 300 years later and focuses on a new batch of heroes. Revan's time was in the past. He should not have had a place in TOR.
Did you play the Foundry?