Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Revan .... I'm Sorry, but Really?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore > Spoilers
Revan .... I'm Sorry, but Really?

AshlaBoga
09.22.2012 , 10:15 AM | #241
Well the Dread Masters are the main villains of the Operations:

Eternity Vault - the bombing run used to get to their prison on Belsavis freed Soa
Karagga's Palace - they provoked Karagga into attacking the Republic/Empire
Explosive Conflict - they took control of Kephess's forces
Spoiler

So I'm hoping that rather than a new enemy or Malgus (who's coming back eventually) that Revan is the primary Operation enemy after the DMs.
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

Aurbere
09.22.2012 , 11:21 AM | #242
Quote: Originally Posted by AshlaBoga View Post

Eternity Vault - the bombing run used to get to their prison on Belsavis freed Soa
Spoiler

So I'm hoping that rather than a new enemy or Malgus (who's coming back eventually) that Revan is the primary Operation enemy after the DMs.
Why would Revan be an operations enemy?
Added Chapter 44 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

JediMasterRevan
09.28.2012 , 11:29 AM | #243
Quote: Originally Posted by AshlaBoga View Post

Spoiler

It was a poor idea to have Revan someone for anyone to fight in the first place. Only way I'd probably want to see Revan again is in KOTOR3 and no TOR is definitly "not" KOTOR3. WIth that in mind we better be playing "as" Revan whenever that comes out.
(}H|||||H(|[ █████████████████████████████████████) When Darkness Falls...We Are Reborn Fix Green Lightsabers!

HellbirdIV
09.29.2012 , 09:29 PM | #244
Quote: Originally Posted by JediMasterRevan View Post
Only way I'd probably want to see Revan again is in KOTOR3 and no TOR is definitly "not" KOTOR3. WIth that in mind we better be playing "as" Revan whenever that comes out.
The Jedi Knight storyline = KotOR 3.

KotOR was Revan's story.

KotOR II expanded on the backstory of Revan but was the story of Meetra Surik, the Jedi Exile.

The book "Revan" continues where KotOR II left off and leads into the Jedi Knight story-arc (through the companion character Lord Scourge and the Emperor).

Ergo Jedi Knight story = KotOR 3.

JediMasterRevan
10.02.2012 , 06:13 PM | #245
Quote: Originally Posted by HellbirdIV View Post
The Jedi Knight storyline = KotOR 3.

KotOR was Revan's story.

KotOR II expanded on the backstory of Revan but was the story of Meetra Surik, the Jedi Exile.

The book "Revan" continues where KotOR II left off and leads into the Jedi Knight story-arc (through the companion character Lord Scourge and the Emperor).

Ergo Jedi Knight story = KotOR 3.
Errm...Bioware is already working on Kotor 3.
(}H|||||H(|[ █████████████████████████████████████) When Darkness Falls...We Are Reborn Fix Green Lightsabers!

Forgon
10.02.2012 , 06:16 PM | #246
Quote: Originally Posted by JediMasterRevan View Post
Errm...Bioware is already working on Kotor 3.
/facepalm.
Quote: Originally Posted by milmo View Post
No, we need to rant on how this game is exactly like WoW and when we learn it's not like WoW we go into a blood rage. We must aim to be inconsistent, incoherent and contradictory.

Kyriosgundam
10.02.2012 , 06:19 PM | #247
Quote: Originally Posted by Lightstrake View Post
WARNING *SPOILER ALERT - SPOILER ALERT* DO NOT READ IF YOU WANT IT TO BE SPOILED******

As many players of the Empire know, there's a flashpoint where you enter a Foundry area [I'm mainly Republic so I don't know the name] and it was owned by Revan. I knew Revan had to be alive during the game even before I found out about the flashpoint. I had reasoning with Revan being so strong in the Force, he can survive 300 years as Yoda did for 800-900 years.

I was glad they gave him a face to his mysterious stranger personality of masking his face. [Did anyone catch the reference? ^_^] But the way you left his story was just horrible. I'm sorry, but the way HK was destroyed too was pretty bad as well. In KotOR II you have a mini-quest to repair him, and I'm sure if you had the chance to do so again you would, but he won't be the same and I'm positive the Empire just destroyed him.

Revan had such a rich history and made the KotOR games amazing. Revan was the star of it, not the Wars, not the companions, Revan. His book was amazing and answers some left-over questions we had such as the Emperor, True Sith, the Exile, etc. I just don't like how you left him like that was horrible.

His death should've had been more honorable and even make the most ruthless Empire players feel bad about killing him. I hope you plan on doing something with his death like maybe he transported through the Force or something. I know it was time to say good-bye to our faithful friend, but I just think it should've been more cinematic for him. He is the one of the only reasons why The Old Republic was made and had so much success because KotOR players knew the back-story.

I hope you enjoyed part of my rant, just sad to see his death this way instead of another way.
If you had paid closer attention to the ending cinematic of the flashpoint you would realize that you actually didnt kill him. Just like the JK (and I dont agree with this but havent seen the JK Story ending yet.) supposedly killed the Emperor but didnt (when until I play the final part of the story myself I still believe the JK kills the actual Emperor).
"The Ability to speak does not make you intelligent"-Qui-Gon
"Much to learn you still have"-Yoda
"Impressive......Most Impressive"-Darth Vader
"Only a Sith deals in absolutes"-Obi-Wan

JediMasterRevan
10.02.2012 , 06:41 PM | #248
Quote: Originally Posted by Kyriosgundam View Post
If you had paid closer attention to the ending cinematic of the flashpoint you would realize that you actually didnt kill him. Just like the JK (and I dont agree with this but havent seen the JK Story ending yet.) supposedly killed the Emperor but didnt (when until I play the final part of the story myself I still believe the JK kills the actual Emperor).
Best way I can tell it wasn't him is, you meet him twice, first time he's exactly what is described in the Revan noval, 2nd time...different person.

tolaf
10.02.2012 , 06:46 PM | #249
Edit: stupid comment is stupid...
Dark Nova leader of the Sin-gie clan

epicfear
10.02.2012 , 06:55 PM | #250
Quote: Originally Posted by Kyriosgundam View Post
Actually, in the sith warrior storyline you discover that the emperor likes bestowing titles such as voice of the emperor on loyal subjects. in the end of the jedi knight storyline, you merely kill the voice of the emperor, his "ambassador" for lack of a better term to the sith empire.

And if you pay very close attention to revan's health bar, it never actually hits zero, it simply reaches a minimum number and then he becomes invincible while he spouts his line and teleports away. my bet is he will show up again, but this time hk-47 will be fighting alongside him.
Copy this signature if you believe Timothy Zahn should take over the Star Wars EU