Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Revan .... I'm Sorry, but Really?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore > Spoilers
Revan .... I'm Sorry, but Really?

Rayla_Felana
07.25.2012 , 06:17 PM | #231
Quote: Originally Posted by Otembe View Post
The only thing Revan is missing is a velociraptor army.
Hahaha, epic reference.

LordHartigan
07.26.2012 , 01:59 PM | #232
I agree with the OP that some darkside characters that have received semi-legendary status in terms of their canon in the TOR universe have met some rather unceremonious ends in the game. Revan obviously, but even Malgus. He seemed to be billed as a rather pivotal figure from the trailers, but unless you pay close attention to the story contained through the flashpoints you don't deal with him much. All of sudden I do random FP and find by the end I kill him. I was scratching my head a bit at that.

portichae
09.15.2012 , 10:38 AM | #233
I think we all need to remember these aren't the same writers as KOTOR these are the writers that gave us Mass Effect 3. Seems EA acquisition of Bioware had a significant toll on creativity.

I think we can all agree on the fact that it's just bad writing and bad storytelling. Really is a shame what they did with this character. As a fan of Kotor and the Revan I would have been just as happy if Revan's legacy lived on only through stories of him and cults created that follow his edicts, perhaps explore some of the secrets him and his followers left behind, keep his disappearance a mystery. Hell, it would have been really cool if he was inspiration for the first grey jedi. But they didn't go that route. I didn't need closure.
PvP Gear progression degrades competition.

Leiralei
09.15.2012 , 10:53 AM | #234
Quote: Originally Posted by portichae View Post
I think we all need to remember these aren't the same writers as KOTOR these are the writers that gave us Mass Effect 3. Seems EA acquisition of Bioware had a significant toll on creativity.

I think we can all agree on the fact that it's just bad writing and bad storytelling. Really is a shame what they did with this character. As a fan of Kotor and the Revan I would have been just as happy if Revan's legacy lived on only through stories of him and cults created that follow his edicts, perhaps explore some of the secrets him and his followers left behind, keep his disappearance a mystery. Hell, it would have been really cool if he was inspiration for the first grey jedi. But they didn't go that route. I didn't need closure.
He's inspiration for the Purple Jedi and that'll have to do, even though we're not canon.
:: लीर :: Commando :: Sage :: Scoundrel :: Guardian :: Powertech :: Assassin :: Operative :: Jugg :: Bioware Fangirl since NWN... RIP Bioware
Did they take out insurance on this game? I love it but its so weird.

portichae
09.15.2012 , 11:01 AM | #235
Quote: Originally Posted by Leiralei View Post
He's inspiration for the Purple Jedi and that'll have to do, even though we're not canon.
The purple Jedi will always be canon in my eyes...

RIP Bioware.

TalkingDinosaur
09.15.2012 , 11:14 AM | #236
Quote: Originally Posted by portichae View Post
The purple Jedi will always be canon in my eyes...

RIP Bioware.
Reviving a 3 month old thread eh?

I still don't have a problem with the way they showed Revan. I mean after Revan finally finds the Emperor, confronts him, gets betrayed by Lord Scourge, and then is defeated. He's placed in a mind prison where a 1000 year old man (Emperor) plays with his mind like it was silly puddy for 300 years. Who wouldn't go insane?

Just because Revan is a badarse doesn't make him invincible. Everyone dies eventually whether it's a happy ending or not.
TALKINGDINOSAUR
Squadron
11-11-11

portichae
09.15.2012 , 09:33 PM | #237
Quote: Originally Posted by TalkingDinosaur View Post
Reviving a 3 month old thread eh?

I still don't have a problem with the way they showed Revan. I mean after Revan finally finds the Emperor, confronts him, gets betrayed by Lord Scourge, and then is defeated. He's placed in a mind prison where a 1000 year old man (Emperor) plays with his mind like it was silly puddy for 300 years. Who wouldn't go insane?

Just because Revan is a badarse doesn't make him invincible. Everyone dies eventually whether it's a happy ending or not.
I'm not arguing that. My point was and still is that it's bad storytelling. Unless you want to argue that it isn't and also that you feel harry potter is great literature I don't think we have much of an argument because I kinda feel you agree with me.

Kyneris
09.17.2012 , 07:43 PM | #238
Here's some info on HK-47 that some of you may not know about... *possible spoilers incoming*

Spoiler
"Should we arrive at certainty without doubt and truth without error, it behooves us to place the foundations of knowledge in mathematics." - Roger Bacon
This is Vireth Danea, my Sith OC.

Tuscad
09.17.2012 , 09:15 PM | #239
Quote: Originally Posted by Kyneris View Post
Here's some info on HK-47 that some of you may not know about... *possible spoilers incoming*

Spoiler
and
Spoiler
Date Joined: March 2009 - Date unsubbed: 9/18/2012
It's been real but the game just wasn't worth the sub for me anymore.
Star Wars: First Assault is an Xbox Live Arcade game: http://kotaku.com/5948064/um-whats-t...ox-live-arcade

Captain_Zone
09.22.2012 , 09:37 AM | #240
Quote: Originally Posted by Tuscad View Post
and
Spoiler
Just goes to show that you can't keep a cheerfully sociopathic droid down.
. OPOD
The New Jedi Code: "Keep Calm & Carry a Lightsaber"