Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Revan .... I'm Sorry, but Really?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore > Spoilers
Revan .... I'm Sorry, but Really?

Lightstrake
01.01.2012 , 10:45 PM | #11
Pretty cool answers. Like I said, I'm mainly Republic so I never truly knew about the Foundry since it's an Empire Flashpoint or setback.

Either way, I hope this is a start of something, even if this isn't the glorious KotOR III we all wanted, it's still in the same time period of The Old Republic. Revan's blood-line is still continuing, the True Sith returning, the Jedi Order establishing fully, etc. I just think leaving his legacy like that was just horrible. If it weren't for him, a lot of the game couldn't be possible. Lord Scourge, Satele Shan, maybe even the Emperor. A lot of this game depended on the KotOR series to make it happen.

Hopefully, BioWare will continue something like this like Blizzard continued Arthas. I find Revan a lot like Arthas at certain times. Arthas was never truly evil, he gave into his vengeance to protect and save lives as Revan did. Arthas always maintained his paladin self in his soul, we see this at his death. Revan always maintained his Jedi ways even as the Emperor destroyed his mind for his secrets. Arthas fell because he listened to the soul of the Lich King. Revan fell because of the Emperor, as Mandalore the Ultimate did.

I find Revan will have an end to the game, but I think it will be like Arthas', and perhaps a role of bloodlines awaiting for his soul. As a Consular, I think we all know that Bastila will be waiting for him, as she felt his call in the Force at the end of his book.

I really hope BioWare improves on this. Revan does need an end for new characters like Satele Shan and many others. I do believe she is going to be majorly improved upon since she's Grand Master and a direct descendant of Bastila and Revan.

Thanks for all the feedback, I hope to see more of it soon.

Clan_Mor
01.01.2012 , 10:57 PM | #12
I was very disappointed as well but I believe they changed so that he doesn't die and disappears. So I feel he will be back and better than ever. I mean come on this game can't end without a Satale and Revan meet up!

Karkais
01.02.2012 , 02:54 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by lordalif View Post
I thought his last words were superb, it also fuels my jedi's rage to kill all sith :P.
Revenge is not a Jedi trait..
>:-)

Embrace your emotions.
"Their strength became my own. Their minds became my own. All flesh is my flesh. None move, save I will it. This is the rule the Sith were promised, and I have made it real!"
- From the codex of Karness Muur

lordalif
01.02.2012 , 01:02 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Karkais View Post
Revenge is not a Jedi trait..
>:-)

Embrace your emotions.
My hatered for the sith is what stops me turning >:P

Karkais
01.02.2012 , 07:33 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by ScheurK View Post
You don't kill Revan! Because when you look at his healthbar he got 9k left before vanishes.
Or it would mean he willingly died to become one with the force.
This is true. The players in the flashpoint do not reduce Revans HP to zero. He vanishes in a flash of light before the end. (I just did the flashpoint today )

Make of that what you will.

However, I have never thought too much of Revan. He feels overhyped. Maybe I should try some of them books..
"Their strength became my own. Their minds became my own. All flesh is my flesh. None move, save I will it. This is the rule the Sith were promised, and I have made it real!"
- From the codex of Karness Muur

BodyThetanMan
01.03.2012 , 02:12 AM | #16
Don't worry. Revan vanished before the final blow was struck. And this IS BioWare we're talking about: Revan is more of a major character to BioWare than Shepard. There's no way they'd just kill him off like that. He'll be back, and he'll be the worst nightmare of the Sith.
Spoiler
BioWare, you tease.
Where's the "YES PLEASE PLEASE FEAST UPON THEM" option?

Sardoni
01.03.2012 , 02:15 AM | #17
The republic foundry has a completely different ending and you don't fight him.

PARADOX!

And in my Kotor Revan was a chick so pft... it's all lies.
Been around the MMO Block...
Sardoni

sinfulace
01.03.2012 , 02:18 AM | #18
he did not die if you listen he says let the darkness take me or something like that when he has low health then he goes poof

imo hes not dead.... just charging up dem batteries

Krsnik
01.03.2012 , 08:10 AM | #19
I kinda hope he did something like Obi-Wan does in the film. I mean, it's so obvious that he doesn't die.. he just poofs via Force Lightning of sorts. I'm really hoping to see him as a Force Ghost at some point... I don't think he should be an Operation boss tho, as I don't see how it would make sense. But he can come again in an expansion as a new Flashpoint boss? Also, as Empire, I don't think we ever hear from the Exile, but I believe the Republic talks to her during the Revan quest line and saving him and all that... But, REVAN CANNOT DIE!

Kraklin
01.06.2012 , 12:03 PM | #20
IMO Revan shouldn't have been in the game to begin with. KOTOR2 began to deviate continuity in order to come up with a reason for him to not be there. In KOTOR1 it shows that Revan and Malak's fall to the dark side wasn't because of zelously chasing Mandalorians but kick-started by them exploring the Rakatan ruins on Dantooine and then using the Mandalorian war as an excuse to find the other star maps and claiming the star forge for themselves. Even still, the Emperor wanted them to use the Star Forge as a vanguard to weaken the Republic and kick-start his invasion by several centuries. In the end the Star Forge was destroyed and the Republic, though battered, was not much worse for the wear. It would have been much more plausible for Revan, described as a great tactician, to have stayed behind and help strengthen the Republic as much as possible instead of electing to keep it all secret and going on a suicide mission.

Basically, I treat this storyline as an "alternate universe" type and move on.