Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Revan .... I'm Sorry, but Really?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore > Spoilers
Revan .... I'm Sorry, but Really?

xeviltoasterx's Avatar


xeviltoasterx
02.02.2012 , 10:16 PM | #151
Question...

Didn't the Revanites have Revan's mask? How did Revan get it back by the Foundry? Just curious.

Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
02.02.2012 , 10:19 PM | #152
Quote: Originally Posted by xeviltoasterx View Post
Question...

Didn't the Revanites have Revan's mask? How did Revan get it back by the Foundry? Just curious.
The mask that Revanites got was just a fake.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

xeviltoasterx's Avatar


xeviltoasterx
02.02.2012 , 10:33 PM | #153
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
The mask that Revanites got was just a fake.
I see, where did we find this out, or is it just kind of insinuated? I totally missed that.

Deviss's Avatar


Deviss
02.06.2012 , 06:12 AM | #154
Quote: Originally Posted by xeviltoasterx View Post
I see, where did we find this out, or is it just kind of insinuated? I totally missed that.
Just speculations, noone can be sure. Its either fake or Revanites somehow managed to give the mask to Revan. As for the second option - if it were true, it must have happened somewhere between the Maelstorm Nebula prison and the Foundry flashpoints but it's unlikely that Revan traveled to Dromund Kaas just to meet this cult and reclaim his mask. BUT he somehow knew about the Revanites when you talk to him in the Foundry... strange. After you tell him that there was a cult founded in his honor, he answers: "So I heard, not what I would have wanted, given the things I did". Still, revanites probably did not knew anything about Revan's true location, as far as they are concerned, he killed the Emperor and claimed his place. :P Nutjobs... or are they really?

First option seemes more likely I guess.

Or, in my opinion - the truth is that BioWare story writers simply did not think about it.
http://lorefreak.com
Only I have been both Fanboy and Hater and found clarity in the Force…
Interviews, debates, reviews, articles and more, all Star Wars related - embrace your inner nerd(i)ness!

damoneyLebowski's Avatar


damoneyLebowski
02.06.2012 , 12:42 PM | #155
After playing The Foundry last night I was shocked to see both HK and Revan, and didn't really know what to think at the time. Those were my two favorite characters, not just in Star Wars but almost all video games.

Looking back I'm just disappointed. I expected to run into Revan at some point but not in this pathetic way. Someone saying they "changed the ending so they could possibly reuse him" just seems to be another indication of the laziness of the writers.

Also, what happened to Revan's companions? I know he said they were all killed (which is also stupid btw) but I wanna know what happened to Jolee! Everybody's favorite black jedi!

Linn's Avatar


Linn
02.07.2012 , 05:35 AM | #156
I think they didn't want to set Revan or anything related to him/her into the spotlight.
Still...it's been a few weeks since I've met Revan, I've seen a lot of other content since. But it doesn't feel any better. Maelstrom is fine as a flashpoint but it comes much too early and much too easy. The Foundry ending...well, it's just lame.

Revan disappeard without much of a trace after Kotor 1. Why not let us discover where he went? It must have been a lonely and uncanny path. Would have been nice to discover remnants of Revan's memories about that in some remote place (or just "travelling" through his memories via a holocron) and finally meet Revan (would it really have been so hard to let players decide whether Revan's male or female? I think not) and be able to have a looong talk for those who are interested. I didn't want to fight Revan at all - not as a Jedi, not as a Sith), but for those who'd want to do that, there could also have been a fight.
I know writers at BW know how to create such stories in a fascinating way...I wonder why they were held back.

RevMg's Avatar


RevMg
02.07.2012 , 09:10 AM | #157
Quote: Originally Posted by Linn View Post
I think they didn't want to set Revan or anything related to him/her into the spotlight.
Still...it's been a few weeks since I've met Revan, I've seen a lot of other content since. But it doesn't feel any better. Maelstrom is fine as a flashpoint but it comes much too early and much too easy. The Foundry ending...well, it's just lame.

Revan disappeard without much of a trace after Kotor 1. Why not let us discover where he went? It must have been a lonely and uncanny path. Would have been nice to discover remnants of Revan's memories about that in some remote place (or just "travelling" through his memories via a holocron) and finally meet Revan (would it really have been so hard to let players decide whether Revan's male or female? I think not) and be able to have a looong talk for those who are interested. I didn't want to fight Revan at all - not as a Jedi, not as a Sith), but for those who'd want to do that, there could also have been a fight.
I know writers at BW know how to create such stories in a fascinating way...I wonder why they were held back.
They weren't. They just decided it was a better thing to sell this story as a book, so they could get more $$. As a result we got Revan novel, which feels rushed, and contradicts both previous games, but hey, they at least released a book about Revan...(what is funny for a book called Revan there isn't as much Revan in it as one could hope there would be)

(Imo the book is not worth it. Better to borrow it from a library than pay for it. Though if you buy it, it always has a nice cover).

letitdie's Avatar


letitdie
02.07.2012 , 09:23 AM | #158
Quote: Originally Posted by WhoDaresWins View Post
Revan was never about being honourable, that was the whole point about his character and why he fell to the dark side in the first place. He pursued the Mandalorians zealously which is how he came to find Dromund Kaas and be corrupted by the Emperor in the first place.

I think as well, it's part of BioWare trying to move Revan out of the spotlight and let the characters of this era take over. It felt more like a great reference for KotOR fans (of whom the majority of TOR players likely haven't picked up), rather than as substantial as it could have been. Remember this is The Old Republic, not Knights of the Old Republic.

I agree it felt like a cop out and his 'vanishing' act at the end is likely there so they can pull him out again at some point in the future.
as kreia said, revan didn't fall to the dark side... he chose to gain power by any means necessary to defend what he belived in. hell even in the foundry, he resisted 300 years to the emperor's torture... in the end he never gave up.

And IMO revan's backstory in the unknown regions and the emperor's true indentity and plans, should be entangled, and since we all know very little about both of them, i think in a future expansion / operation, we will all know what happen.

letitdie's Avatar


letitdie
02.07.2012 , 09:29 AM | #159
Quote: Originally Posted by Linn View Post
I think they didn't want to set Revan or anything related to him/her into the spotlight.
Still...it's been a few weeks since I've met Revan, I've seen a lot of other content since. But it doesn't feel any better. Maelstrom is fine as a flashpoint but it comes much too early and much too easy. The Foundry ending...well, it's just lame.

Revan disappeard without much of a trace after Kotor 1. Why not let us discover where he went? It must have been a lonely and uncanny path. Would have been nice to discover remnants of Revan's memories about that in some remote place (or just "travelling" through his memories via a holocron) and finally meet Revan (would it really have been so hard to let players decide whether Revan's male or female? I think not) and be able to have a looong talk for those who are interested. I didn't want to fight Revan at all - not as a Jedi, not as a Sith), but for those who'd want to do that, there could also have been a fight.
I know writers at BW know how to create such stories in a fascinating way...I wonder why they were held back.
i think the oficial canon is revan = male exile = female

as for your ideia, as long as they dont invent something like caverns of time (like WOW) im cool with it.

as for the last part, i think they don't quite know what to do with revan just yet... although this ending for him is quite revolting

Linn's Avatar


Linn
02.08.2012 , 06:10 AM | #160
Quote: Originally Posted by RevMg View Post
They weren't. They just decided it was a better thing to sell this story as a book, so they could get more $$. As a result we got Revan novel, which feels rushed, and contradicts both previous games, but hey, they at least released a book about Revan...(what is funny for a book called Revan there isn't as much Revan in it as one could hope there would be)

(Imo the book is not worth it. Better to borrow it from a library than pay for it. Though if you buy it, it always has a nice cover).
Ya...sad thing.
I'm ignoring the book. I know Revan's intended to be male and so on. It just doesn't work for me. As for Lord Scourge - he truly is a marvelous and charismatic companion. His links to Revan...let's just say I don't care. ^^