Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Getting my @rse kicked in the reverse engineering dept.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Getting my @rse kicked in the reverse engineering dept.

SpecialEnmity
01.01.2012 , 02:31 PM | #1
Do higher level items have less of a chance at getting purple schematics from blue items?

I must have reverse engineered about 100 blue items and have only gotten 1 purple schematic at higher levels. (level 45-49 items) .

it's really frustrating to waste all that time and effort and not get any closer

firesprite_ea
01.01.2012 , 02:42 PM | #2
And I thought me getting stuck at lvl 15 enhancements is bad. I RE abt 20+20 (of two different kinds) and failed to get a purple and thought ***.
But if ppl complain now abt 60-70+ re blue items with no luck ... Damn, this totally sux.

evidence_
01.01.2012 , 02:47 PM | #3
It should be rare tbh. Otherwise the marketplace will be flooded.
⋐∮∮∮∮∮≡|█████████████████████████████████████)

Forkrul
01.01.2012 , 02:47 PM | #4
It's pure RNG, I've had to RE 50 things in the lvl 20-25 range to even get to blue and gotten blue and epic on first try in the 40-45 range.
< The Unnamed > - Tomb of Freedon Nadd
Forkrul - Shadow

darkavian
01.01.2012 , 02:48 PM | #5
I havent had much of a problem. I did might and resolve hilt 15 (level 35 items) and got both purples within 4-5 RE's

Glowsticknation
01.01.2012 , 03:03 PM | #6
RE for cybertech, i only had to do about 5 items, highest i went was about 10 REs
Quote: Originally Posted by battlebug View Post
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.

Raani
01.01.2012 , 03:10 PM | #7
I've had mixed results so far. I got the epic mod on the first blue RE, which was very nice. On the other hand, I've made probably 30-40 blue earpieces and I still don't have the purple. It took maybe 20 tries for my friend's epic earpiece, although the stat combo I got isn't great and I'll have to regrind a different one.

Epic armoring was somewhere in the middle - maybe 15-20 tries before I got it.

This is all level 49 items, by the way. I grinded a few lowbie recipes for an alt and got the blues and purples pretty fast, probably because I was at 400 skill and they required 100-150 skill.

LordArioc
01.01.2012 , 03:18 PM | #8
Yeah I REd about 50 blue lvl 50 implants today (Critical Nano Resolve) ... no purple. Rough.

Terwilliger
01.01.2012 , 03:28 PM | #9
I have had zero luck making purple implants. I'm just glad I'm finally at the point where the costs aren't prohibitive and I can send out enough squaddies to match my demand for raw materials.

pryt
01.01.2012 , 03:33 PM | #10
Do you know how many items I've crafted in Armoring with an Augment Slot while I was leveling up? And I guess, as soon as I'm maxed ... there will be nada.
... what is a drop of rain, compared to the storm? ... what is a thought, compared to the mind? ...
... our unity is full of wonder which your tiny individualism cannot even conceive ...