Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Weekly server maintenance EU times?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Weekly server maintenance EU times?

GHeissi
01.05.2012 , 06:29 AM | #591
Their whole maintenance process was probably built around the fact that all servers are offline at the same time and that there is only one valid version of the client and the server at the same time (so there can be no version conflicts).

CovenantOfDeath
01.05.2012 , 06:29 AM | #592
I think in another company offering services in Europe, disabling its service at mid day and it make me laugh.
And the worst of all it's that BW is selling it to us like a favor to us.

I don't know what kind of drug are smoking in Austin, but It's high quality for sure.

spudbynight
01.05.2012 , 06:31 AM | #593
A certain group of users from a certain particular country not having any consideration for others? What a shocker.

(I can't name that country as they get upset and complain)

spudbynight
01.05.2012 , 06:32 AM | #594
Quote: Originally Posted by GHeissi View Post
Their whole maintenance process was probably built around the fact that all servers are offline at the same time and that there is only one valid version of the client and the server at the same time (so there can be no version conflicts).
Well then they need to realise they made a mistake and rectify it.

Beansoup
01.05.2012 , 06:33 AM | #595
Quote: Originally Posted by CovenantOfDeath View Post
I think in another company offering services in Europe, disabling its service at mid day and it make me laugh.

I don't know what kind of drug are smoking in Austin, but It's high quality for sure.
Yeah, I'm paying for a game that is apparently still in beta testing, and I can't even play it during daytime. Nice.

They could atleast give some free days or something to compensate.
B e a n s o u p
The one man institution you can always trust to deliver. Quality bartending at the Guilded Cantina since the fifth thread

Kaarina
01.05.2012 , 06:34 AM | #596
Quote: Originally Posted by GHeissi View Post

Good to see someone try to use logic and not be hateful, thank you

Now one small thing to consider: Trion (Rift) have worked around this issue and found a way to have 2 seperate M times and still allow players to play both EU and USA servers or both if they choose to. So I am sure BW has devs who are equally smart and could also do the same should they decide to be a real global company.
Does anyone even read these?

Beansoup
01.05.2012 , 06:37 AM | #597
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaarina View Post
Good to see someone try to use logic and not be hateful, thank you

Now one small thing to consider: Trion (Rift) have worked around this issue and found a way to have 2 seperate M times and still allow players to play both EU and USA servers or both if they choose to. So I am sure BW has devs who are equally smart and could also do the same should they decide to be a real global company.
Logic is; That I'm paying for something. Something that I don't have or get to use?

How's that a logical?
B e a n s o u p
The one man institution you can always trust to deliver. Quality bartending at the Guilded Cantina since the fifth thread

TheHauntingBard
01.05.2012 , 06:40 AM | #598
You know what it is.
Back in the days the Eu customer service and patching was horrible.
In fact quite some times there was no Eu service.

Blizzard is a good example of a company that raised the bar and showed that it's possible to give the Eu player base the same quality service as the US.
How did it paid off well, WOW has more subs in the Eu than in the US.

So what does Ea/BW do?
They put the servers in a horrible location and go back to the stone age.
That's why Blizzard remains a better company.
Stephen Reid - 9:02a.m. - January 11th 2012 - because in reality, there was never supposed to be a 'Medium' choice - that was a bug.

Keadin
01.05.2012 , 09:58 AM | #599
Quote: Originally Posted by CovenantOfDeath View Post

I like this summary a lot
Quote: Originally Posted by DamionSchubert View Post
We don't have friendly fire in The Old Republic for a simple reason: a lot of players are, well... idiots.

Kaarina
01.05.2012 , 10:53 AM | #600
Come on BW at least talk to us about this situation
Does anyone even read these?