Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Weekly server maintenance EU times?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Weekly server maintenance EU times?

GumBoil
01.01.2012 , 02:09 PM | #41
I supported the previous thread I support this thread. I really like the game but find the maintenance absolutely egregious. I figured the only way to be heard is to hit the big red button and fill in the exit poll. I hope it is changed sooner rather than later and then I'll be right back.

jihn
01.01.2012 , 02:19 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by xworndownx View Post
I really REALLY hope that BW actually changes the times for EU updates. Only because when they do and the other people who are going to be affected by the new downtime come here to complain we can all say "Hey! Don' t look at us, your fellow EU players said you are the ones that deserve to have your play time limited. Your OWN EU brothers and sisters turned you in as being less important than they are."

Well done EU. Well done.

Just in case you think it doesn't affect me. It does. I loose out on that time as well. Thankfully, I have other things I can do.

And for those that unsub due to your prime selfish reasons, please unsub faster. We can use those places on the servers to help clear up the queue. You won't be missed.

Did you even stop to think before posting?

With seperate maintenance windows, people from the US(night time players) can play on the EU servers and the other way around when servers are down. Wich should be a more fruitful experience if you only have the option to play at night anyway.
CE and ... who the frack cares. Hope we all get a good game.

xworndownx
01.01.2012 , 02:20 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Darkjustice View Post
I think its unfair that Downtime is always when the Americans sleep but at the end of the day its the way it is I would just hope Bioware will take this into account in future maintainance slots.
I think it is funny how a video game makes the Americans so important all of a sudden and brings out the jealousy/envy of them. Doesn't the world, entire world, practically hate Americans already? Since when did anyone in the world really care what the Americans thought, did anyways? Oh, wait. Now they do since the American downtime is in a different time slot. I know, call your government and have them put you on the same time as CST or EST.

Besides, who says it will actually last 8hours? It might only last 4, or 5. No one knows until the servers come back online. It's a bit premature and highly assumed that it's going to take the full 8 hours and get all upset about it.

How about this. If BW came out and said that 100k Americans and 100k EU players were affected by the downtime would you think any differently? Looks pretty equal and fair on paper doesn't it? What if changing the EU times that affected 100k would then affect 200k?

jihn
01.01.2012 , 02:24 PM | #44
Besides, who says it will actually last 8hours? It might only last 4, or 5. No one knows until the servers come back online. It's a bit premature and highly assumed that it's going to take the full 8 hours and get all upset about it.

How about this. If BW came out and said that 100k Americans and 100k EU players were affected by the downtime would you think any differently? Looks pretty equal and fair on paper doesn't it? What if changing the EU times that affected 100k would then affect 200k?
Lets just turn it around then and see what you americans would say if the maintenance was from 10am and 8 hours forward. After all, it does not seem to be a problem for you people. So BW should just go ahead with that, then let us see the complaints on the forum from your side of the pond.
CE and ... who the frack cares. Hope we all get a good game.

Darkjustice
01.01.2012 , 02:25 PM | #45
Quote:
Well wouldn't it be an idea for them to actually put up some figures for us or explain their reasoning for this rather than peeving off so many players. All it would take would be an explanation from them and why they choose to do it this way then everyone knows the score.

Seems awfully annoying that we never get a post as to why from Developers just blank spaces with a load of us winging about it lol.

Vandrago
01.01.2012 , 02:25 PM | #46
They'll just renew soon as they can't login, because if this is the reason they unsub, it shows how bad they really want to play, seeing how they can't be without it for a few hours a week.

Amikae
01.01.2012 , 02:25 PM | #47
xworndownx, I don't mind if you, americans, have the maintenance on day time, while we have it on night time. So many of you come here and tell us how it's ok to be like that. Well if you have no problem with it, how about you have it on day time, while we have it on night time. Since you don't mind, I'd make me happy. So - win, win, no?

Erelenko
01.01.2012 , 02:26 PM | #48
Omg really it is so hard to understand, if you do the maintenance time as ALL mmorpg out there, the amreican customer would be affected when their maintenance its done and eu when theirs.
Example for the kids:
Tuesday night maintenance time for usa
Wednesday night for the european people.
Is easy, even the f2p games do this way.

Keadin
01.01.2012 , 02:27 PM | #49
That's assuming a single maintenance schedule. We want 2 schedules. Leave the one for the American servers as it is, impacting as few people as possible, and introduce a schedule for the European servers as well so that maintenance takes place during the night.

That way as few people as possible are affected in BOTH regions of the world. There's no way shifting the schedule from smack in the middle of the day to well past midnight will suddently affect more people.
Quote: Originally Posted by DamionSchubert View Post
We don't have friendly fire in The Old Republic for a simple reason: a lot of players are, well... idiots.

Endzeitz
01.01.2012 , 02:28 PM | #50
I couldn't care less if this was a F2P game but I pay for this game monthly and if I lose 1 day per week because the company decides to do that I expect that my monthly fee will also be reduced.