Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Weekly server maintenance EU times?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Weekly server maintenance EU times?

xworndownx
01.01.2012 , 04:58 PM | #111
Conversations are splitting up a bit so I'll try to get to them in one post when I can. But, the posts get long, sorry.

Quote: Originally Posted by iorlas View Post
You do understand that we are asking for seperate down time? AM for the US, AM for EU the day makes no difference at all to the MAJORITY of EU players if it's 3AM.
Yes. I do. Another person wasn't very specific and made it sound like they wanted a different day in the same time slot was all.

Quote: Originally Posted by Mandrax View Post
Would you accept that if it was you in that position? Do you think it's fair that a large chunk of the day is lost due to maintenance whereas another part of the world has it done whilst they are sleeping?
This does affect me, my play time during a work day is typically from midnight till 11am. So, it does affect me. If it didn't then I wouldn't be in here discussing any of it. I'm a bit on your side with moving the time-slot because I would have another place to play while the US servers would be getting an update. But, it depends on what that would cost.

Quote: Originally Posted by iorlas View Post
I'll ask you again..why would the EU have more playing in the early hours AM than the US.You keep saying they have no facts of server population times for the EU.Why then have they decided that the US least populated time is in the AM and the EU is during the day?What have they based this on?again i will point out that we are asking for 2 SEPERATE down times.I can go to my city at 3PM and it is crowded,i go there at 3AM and it is a ghost town i wonder why...most people are in bed sleeping maybe?
I'm not saying BW/EA don't have any facts. I'm saying we don't. We don't know what they base it on. I know you want separate times which might or might not be what you think is off-peak hours but without facts from the source we don't know what they are. Lets ask for those facts first, and then tear EA/BW a new arse if they don't match up.

Regarding other MMO's having EU servers and different time slots for updates. In a way I agree that it is possible and not incredibly difficult to do. But, again. Until the facts come in about how many people it affects I just can't support switching it.

I am one of the minority that don't get to play during the downtime and I am not comfortable with taking away the play time of 10 others just so that I could play.

TL;DR: BTW: Happy new year and cheers! Time for a beer!

iorlas
01.01.2012 , 05:05 PM | #112
They have the same facts for both EU and US so,how did they decide that the US has less players in the AM than EU? i fail to understand why you yanks are so against seperate down times for the EU and US,it will not affect you at all if you are happy with your down time will it?

Keadin
01.01.2012 , 05:10 PM | #113
Quote: Originally Posted by TheHauntingBard View Post
I saw it before, it made me laugh.
But that said it's pretty arrogant and the response on the EU maintenance thread was close to this.
Yes it is pretty arrogant. I assume you're starting to see the same pattern I'm seeing.
Quote: Originally Posted by DamionSchubert View Post
We don't have friendly fire in The Old Republic for a simple reason: a lot of players are, well... idiots.

Mandrax
01.01.2012 , 05:11 PM | #114
Quote: Originally Posted by xworndownx View Post

I'm not saying BW/EA don't have any facts. I'm saying we don't. We don't know what they base it on. I know you want separate times which might or might not be what you think is off-peak hours but without facts from the source we don't know what they are. Lets ask for those facts first, and then tear EA/BW a new arse if they don't match up.
You keep going on about when these facts come out, listen, they are NEVER going to come out if BioWare want to keep the window as it is. They aren't going to release facts that prove that they are performing maintenance at a time when many people want to play, it would make them look stupid and EU players would kick up even more of a fuss. Besides, we are never going to know if those 'facts' are actually facts or just doctored figures to bolster their right to perform maintenance at a time they want to.

As I've posted on two separate occasions, you only have to look at other MMOs and their schedules, all the ones I can think of perform EU maintenance through the night EU time. Are all of those MMOs wrong and BioWare right? Or is it more likely to be that the all those other MMOs are right and BioWare are wrong?
Space, is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly hugely mindbogglingly big it is. I mean you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space...

TheHauntingBard
01.01.2012 , 05:14 PM | #115
Quote: Originally Posted by Keadin View Post
Yes it is pretty arrogant. I assume you're starting to see the same pattern I'm seeing.
For quite a while yes, hate to admit it but Blizzards idea to separate along with their EU customer treatment is way above anything EA/BW has to offer.
Guess it shows who is the better company.

That said we all know how it paid off for EA when they did it with Warhammer and the EU community.
Stephen Reid - 9:02a.m. - January 11th 2012 - because in reality, there was never supposed to be a 'Medium' choice - that was a bug.

Keadin
01.01.2012 , 05:24 PM | #116
Quote: Originally Posted by TheHauntingBard View Post
For quite a while yes, hate to admit it but Blizzards idea to separate along with their EU customer treatment is way above anything EA/BW has to offer.
Guess it shows who is the better company.

That said we all know how it paid off for EA when they did it with Warhammer and the EU community.
Just amazes me BioWare manages to get so many things wrong when a perfect launch was what they were going for... Considering the budget of the game, I honestly don't understand how these basic things could've gone wrong. I am rapidly losing my fanboyism
We don't have friendly fire in The Old Republic for a simple reason: a lot of players are, well... idiots.

Jocken
01.01.2012 , 05:31 PM | #117
Gentlemen and all you others...

the solution is simple...

While keeping the website together will give access to devs etc is a good idea.
it is also a good idea to separate the server maintanence so that america (meaning all of the servers on that side of the world) gets maintained night time their time and european or middle east gets maintained during night time for us.

That requires 2 teams of server mantanence crews and I think that with the money we shell into BW they can easely afford to do this.

That will keep everyone happy...no?

so BW, make it so

CovenantOfDeath
01.01.2012 , 05:35 PM | #118
Quote: Originally Posted by Jocken View Post
Gentlemen and all you others...

the solution is simple...

While keeping the website together will give access to devs etc is a good idea.
it is also a good idea to separate the server maintanence so that america (meaning all of the servers on that side of the world) gets maintained night time their time and european or middle east gets maintained during night time for us.

That requires 2 teams of server mantanence crews and I think that with the money we shell into BW they can easely afford to do this.

That will keep everyone happy...no?

so BW, make it so
Totally agree

And the worst is that we're paying for a Beta. This game at the present is far from a release product, in every aspect, the content and service.

Keadin
01.01.2012 , 05:40 PM | #119
Quote: Originally Posted by CovenantOfDeath View Post
Totally agree

And the worst is that we're paying for a Beta. This game at the present is far from a release product, in every aspect, the content and service.
I'm not sure I'd go that far, but it's clear that quite a few things could've been given a lot more thought. Including a decision on BioWare's public attitude towards its paying customers, a little respect wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing.

sszaki
01.01.2012 , 05:44 PM | #120
Completely don't care what players want and think... I would think twice before pay for another month...

4 days per month servers will be offline... total crap and rubbish.
I have a bad feelings about this.