Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Weekly server maintenance EU times?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Weekly server maintenance EU times?

Jeronas's Avatar


Jeronas
01.17.2012 , 05:33 PM | #1081
Quote: Originally Posted by Bansheedragon View Post
And I guess that applies to you too as well as basic reasoning.

There is one thing you seem to be overlooking.
The fact that BW will not always have the resources they need to do what has to be done in house.

They too may need to call in outside help, something which they can only do during normal work hours.

If they had maintenance in what is the early morning for us European players, that would be the middle of the night for BW.

Not only would they have to pay their workers extra for working during the night, which would lead to us having to pay a higher sub, but they would not be able to call in outside help if they needed as they would not be available at those times.

To be perfectly honest, I dont understand this obsession that so many has about not being able to play for a few hours ONCE each week.
Its as if these players live the game and dont understand that there are other things to life than just this game.

Go out for a walk, meet other people, read a book, watch a movie, there are so many things you can do.
It's always easy to say when you are based in the US and not affected.

ninoss's Avatar


ninoss
01.17.2012 , 05:34 PM | #1082
Quote: Originally Posted by Bansheedragon View Post
There is one thing you seem to be overlooking.
The fact that BW will not always have the resources they need to do what has to be done in house.

They too may need to call in outside help, something which they can only do during normal work hours.

If they had maintenance in what is the early morning for us European players, that would be the middle of the night for BW.

Not only would they have to pay their workers extra for working during the night, which would lead to us having to pay a higher sub, but they would not be able to call in outside help if they needed as they would not be available at those times.

To be perfectly honest, I dont understand this obsession that so many has about not being able to play for a few hours ONCE each week.
Its as if these players live the game and dont understand that there are other things to life than just this game.

Go out for a walk, meet other people, read a book, watch a movie, there are so many things you can do.
1. Again, it's principle of being treated fairly and equally for HIGHER fee.
2. Trion can do it. Turbine can do it. And you wanna tell me BW/EA can't? They have at least 10x time resources of any other MMO company bar Blizzard and they cant provide same service? Then they deserver to lose customers.
3. If maintenance is being run from US then they ARE paying extra because it's being run during night.

I'm really tired of people repeating same old arguments every time. Read before posting.

ninoss's Avatar


ninoss
01.17.2012 , 05:38 PM | #1083
To be honest that whole discussion made me not only come to conclusion that BW is just crap but also - that you cant have joint forums for european and US players.

GumBoil's Avatar


GumBoil
01.17.2012 , 05:39 PM | #1084
Quote: Originally Posted by Liquidacid View Post
they ARE NOT doing separate maintenance therefor if they move the time either earlier or later it will go into either NA or EU PEAK time...

basic logic and common sense
There is absolutely no reason why they can not do separate maintenance times. If they want to maximise revenue they will do this sooner rather than later.

To maximise revenue you need to maximise availability to the majority of your paying customers. That means separate maintenance at about 2am in the morning.

I am actually thinking of doing a credit card charge back, somehow simply cancelling just does not seem adequate to express my complete and utter disgust at this nonsense.

Just because they are not doing it does not make it right, it completely defies basic logic and common sense as it will undoubtedly cost them revenue.

Mandrax's Avatar


Mandrax
01.17.2012 , 05:41 PM | #1085
Quote: Originally Posted by ninoss View Post
To be honest that whole discussion made me not only come to conclusion that BW is just crap but also - that you cant have joint forums for european and US players.
Yet if you want European players to continue to have a voice in any game, you need to have access to the US forums.

WoW has separate forums, the Blizzard devs never read nor post on the EU forums, only the US, so we do need to have the same forums.

Anyway all the US trolls keep the thread bumped so it's not all bad.
Space, is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly hugely mindbogglingly big it is. I mean you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space...

GumBoil's Avatar


GumBoil
01.17.2012 , 05:41 PM | #1086
Quote: Originally Posted by ninoss View Post
1. Again, it's principle of being treated fairly and equally for HIGHER fee.
2. Trion can do it. Turbine can do it. And you wanna tell me BW/EA can't? They have at least 10x time resources of any other MMO company bar Blizzard and they cant provide same service? Then they deserver to lose customers.
3. If maintenance is being run from US then they ARE paying extra because it's being run during night.

I'm really tired of people repeating same old arguments every time. Read before posting.
Leaving aside the other AAA's that do it even the one man and his dog Z listers can manage to do it without breaking a sweat.

ninoss's Avatar


ninoss
01.17.2012 , 05:42 PM | #1087
True that Mandrax, but I feel like talking with headless chickens.

Mandrax's Avatar


Mandrax
01.17.2012 , 05:45 PM | #1088
Quote: Originally Posted by ninoss View Post
True that Mandrax, but I feel like talking with headless chickens.
I know mate, but look at it this way, we are currently posting our thoughts in a thread on forums we know they are reading. Ok, we are being ignored but at least we know they get to see it.

Imagine posting in a thread like this on an EU forum that we know they NEVER read. It would be much worse
Space, is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly hugely mindbogglingly big it is. I mean you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space...

ninoss's Avatar


ninoss
01.17.2012 , 05:46 PM | #1089
Guess it's time to start my own MMO then

Bansheedragon's Avatar


Bansheedragon
01.17.2012 , 05:50 PM | #1090
Quote: Originally Posted by Jeronas View Post
It's always easy to say when you are based in the US and not affected.
And where did you get the impression that I am US based and not affected?
If you think I am US based purely based on my post, then you need to rethink your perceptions.
I just so happen to live in Europe, but that dont mean I treat this as if its the end of the world.
Humans say the Road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

Why? Do they think there's a shortage of bad ones?