Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Weekly server maintenance EU times?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Weekly server maintenance EU times?

Mandrax
01.17.2012 , 05:12 PM | #1071
Quote: Originally Posted by Liquidacid View Post
lol @ people saying they are cancelling because they can't play for a few hours of off-peak time once a week...
8pm is off-peak now?

You need a lesson in European time zones sonny.
Space, is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly hugely mindbogglingly big it is. I mean you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space...

Liquidacid
01.17.2012 , 05:15 PM | #1072
Quote: Originally Posted by Mandrax View Post
8pm is off-peak now?

You need a lesson in European time zones sonny.
it ends at 4PM GMT.... unless you live in the United Arab Emirates it's not ending at 8pm.. maybe you need to learn your time zones

served 8 years in the middle east so I am familiar with the time zones
"bibo ergo sum" ( I drink, therefore I am)

Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at.

ninoss
01.17.2012 , 05:16 PM | #1073
lol @ people saying they are cancelling because they can't play for a few hours of off-peak time once a week...

a few of your points are valid but that is just a ridiculous reason to quit
I think I'm not speaking for myself only when I say that it's not about losing 8 hours of possible game time. It's about being treated fairly. We pay more, we get less. That's an outrage which neither I nor alot of people will not support.

Liquidacid
01.17.2012 , 05:18 PM | #1074
Quote: Originally Posted by ninoss View Post
I think I'm not speaking for myself only when I say that it's not about losing 8 hours of possible game time. It's about being treated fairly. We pay more, we get less. That's an outrage which neither I nor alot of people will not support.
well I happen to have most nights off and usually play from late night to early morning... so I can't play either during maintenance but am paying the same as anyone... so should I quit too because that is totally unfair.. BW should be able to magically make it so everyone in the world can play whenever they want 24/7/365

ninoss
01.17.2012 , 05:21 PM | #1075
I guess basic logic is beyond you.

I'll try to put as simply as possible then.

European servers have way higher load on 8 AM - 4 PM GMT than 2 AM - 10 AM GMT.

Got it now?

Baaddare
01.17.2012 , 05:22 PM | #1076
ok the EU servers might be located in Europe but all the servers use the same login servers.
Now Minsc is in charge SWORDS FOR EVERYONE!

Liquidacid
01.17.2012 , 05:24 PM | #1077

Got it now?
they ARE NOT doing separate maintenance therefor if they move the time either earlier or later it will go into either NA or EU PEAK time...

basic logic and common sense

Mandrax
01.17.2012 , 05:24 PM | #1078
it ends at 4PM GMT.... unless you live in Kazakhstan it's not ending at 8pm.. maybe you need to learn your time zones

served 8 years in the middle east including in Iraq so I am familiar with the time zones
I don't care where you served, it clearly didn't educate you in all the different time zones within Europe. Some of the countries where the game was OFFICIALLY released are having to suffer maintenance up until 8pm.

I'm not going to bother you with the specifics because if you are as educated as you think on EU time zones you could work it all out yourself. But, in my book, 8pm is NOT off-peak.
Space, is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly hugely mindbogglingly big it is. I mean you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space...

ninoss
01.17.2012 , 05:24 PM | #1079
they ARE NOT doing separate maintenance therefor if they move the time either earlier or later it will go into either NA or EU PEAK time...

basic logic and common sense

You may begin to see the problem then.

They have decided to have joint maintenance and schedules it for NA offpeak hours with absolute no regard for either european or players even further east.

Thus they are losing players due to that elementary lack of respect towards paying customers.

I know splitting maintenance is very hard. After all, nobody else have ever done it before, right?

Bansheedragon
01.17.2012 , 05:31 PM | #1080

Got it now?
And I guess that applies to you too as well as basic reasoning.

There is one thing you seem to be overlooking.
The fact that BW will not always have the resources they need to do what has to be done in house.

They too may need to call in outside help, something which they can only do during normal work hours.

If they had maintenance in what is the early morning for us European players, that would be the middle of the night for BW.

Not only would they have to pay their workers extra for working during the night, which would lead to us having to pay a higher sub, but they would not be able to call in outside help if they needed as they would not be available at those times.

To be perfectly honest, I dont understand this obsession that so many has about not being able to play for a few hours ONCE each week.
Its as if these players live the game and dont understand that there are other things to life than just this game.

Go out for a walk, meet other people, read a book, watch a movie, there are so many things you can do.
Humans say the Road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

Why? Do they think there's a shortage of bad ones?