Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Weekly server maintenance EU times?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Weekly server maintenance EU times?

MajikMyst's Avatar


MajikMyst
01.17.2012 , 01:59 AM | #1011
Quote: Originally Posted by Khelien View Post
The time when MOST of the people don't play is during the night and early morning. There is much MORE people playing the game during current maintenance window than at night. You can spin it anyway you like, but you can't argue with facts.
This is true.. Can you name a single time that would cover both the U.S. and Europe.. Unless you care to justify the additional expence on the 2nd maintenance window..

I am not spinning here.. You are just ignoring half the planet..

As I said.. Please explain to us when it would be the best time to do maintenance cycle for both the U.S. and Europe..

Why is it that some people can't simply address the facts or the issue.. You accuse me of spinning?? What exactly am I spinning?? I am asking people to address the issue from a point of view other than their own.. Look at it from the stand point of a business and the majority.. Not from you own point of view..

A 2nd maintenance window is an additional expense and as pointed out by others, could cause technical issues.. Does any of this matter for you?? Or are you just unable to argue with facts?? Additional resources might be needed to fix these techical issues.. Who is going to pay for that?? Their might be additional maintenances because of these issues.. Who is going to pay for that??

Why are you so important that they (bioware) a company should just accept the additional hassle and expence because you say so, but can offer no reason as to why??
Who is the more foolish? The fool or the fool that follows him?

[.] Lost but never forgotten!! 12-01-2011 R.I.P.

GHeissi's Avatar


GHeissi
01.17.2012 , 02:06 AM | #1012
Quote: Originally Posted by MajikMyst View Post
wall of text
You know what? I don't argue with you, because I just don't care. This stupid WoW comparison will always go in the same direction.

MajikMyst's Avatar


MajikMyst
01.17.2012 , 02:15 AM | #1013
Quote: Originally Posted by GHeissi View Post
You know what? I don't argue with you, because I just don't care. This stupid WoW comparison will always go in the same direction.
Actually it can't..

People for some reason have this idea that for X number of dollars, software should be perfect when released.. In the history of computers.. There is no such thing as perfect software without bugs.. Yet for some reason people here seem to think bug free software is the norm.. It just isn't..

People forget about how long WOW took to get where it is.. They spam the forums about issues that are meaningless at this point in the game.. You have to grow cow before you can either milk it or send it off to market.. Well.. Give this game some time and let Bioware focus on the important stuff.. Like bugs and functionality.. Not when Europe gets their maintenance and what most of them are doing when..

I don't care if maintance is done during peak time for both our parts of the world.. As long as it means bugs are getting fixed and the game is getting better.. There is no need to create more hassle and possible make things harder because someone is losing a little game time.. I lose game time too.. So does a lot of other people.. So what??
Who is the more foolish? The fool or the fool that follows him?

[.] Lost but never forgotten!! 12-01-2011 R.I.P.

Khelien's Avatar


Khelien
01.17.2012 , 02:16 AM | #1014
Quote: Originally Posted by MajikMyst View Post
This is true.. Can you name a single time that would cover both the U.S. and Europe.. (...) As I said.. Please explain to us when it would be the best time to do maintenance cycle for both the U.S. and Europe..
I don't want the same maintenance cycle. I want them separated.

Quote: Originally Posted by MajikMyst View Post
A 2nd maintenance window is an additional expense and as pointed out by others, could cause technical issues.. Does any of this matter for you?? Or are you just unable to argue with facts?? Additional resources might be needed to fix these techical issues.. Who is going to pay for that?? Their might be additional maintenances because of these issues.. Who is going to pay for that??

Why are you so important that they (bioware) a company should just accept the additional hassle and expence because you say so, but can offer no reason as to why??
Well, let's see. Maybe because their main competitor, a company called Activision Blizzard, solved that problem years ago? Also, maybe because another of their competitors, a much smaller company called Trion Worlds, solved that at the release? I guess it's hard then for a company like Electronic Arts, with HALF A BILLION DOLLARS income every year to give us another maintenance window, separated from the US - is this seriously what you're trying to tell us?

PS. Just as a side note:
Quote:
Since we established the exchange rate doesn't actually mean that Europians pay more..
It's EUROPEANS!

MajikMyst's Avatar


MajikMyst
01.17.2012 , 02:22 AM | #1015
Quote: Originally Posted by Khelien View Post
I don't want the same maintenance cycle. I want them separated.
Justify the additional cost and possible hassle.. Otherwise what is the point?? It really doesn't matter what any of us want.. I am sure a lot of people would like the game for free.. That doesn't mean they are going to get it..

Unless you can address the problems of the issue.. What more is there to say??

That is the problem with this issue.. Nobody seems to actually want to address the issue from a monetary stand point.. Not to mention the risks involved.. Somehow Bioware is just supposed to eat that cost for you??

Just a side note..

I hereby deputize you as the forum spelling police.. Grats!!

Quote: Originally Posted by Khelien View Post
PS. Just as a side not:
Oh.. That is NOTE...

Your demoted.. Sorry..

Yes.. I got it before you edited.. Nice try..
Who is the more foolish? The fool or the fool that follows him?

[.] Lost but never forgotten!! 12-01-2011 R.I.P.

JabbaCG's Avatar


JabbaCG
01.17.2012 , 02:31 AM | #1016
Today it's big content patch, so today we lose another day of playing...

MajikMyst's Avatar


MajikMyst
01.17.2012 , 02:33 AM | #1017
Quote: Originally Posted by JabbaCG View Post
Today it's big content patch, so today we lose another day of playing...
It was postponed..

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=186975

Sticky at the top of the page..
Who is the more foolish? The fool or the fool that follows him?

[.] Lost but never forgotten!! 12-01-2011 R.I.P.

Khelien's Avatar


Khelien
01.17.2012 , 02:33 AM | #1018
Quote: Originally Posted by MajikMyst View Post
Oh.. That is NOTE...

Your demoted.. Sorry..

Yes.. I got it before you edited.. Nice try..
I'm justified, didn't have my coffee this morning :P

MajikMyst's Avatar


MajikMyst
01.17.2012 , 02:35 AM | #1019
Quote: Originally Posted by Khelien View Post
I'm justified, didn't have my coffee this morning :P
For coffee!! We will let it slide!! I know what it is like to be uncaffinated..
Who is the more foolish? The fool or the fool that follows him?

[.] Lost but never forgotten!! 12-01-2011 R.I.P.

Monkeypuzzle's Avatar


Monkeypuzzle
01.17.2012 , 02:40 AM | #1020
Quote: Originally Posted by atokadlayor View Post
okay so lemme get this straight...bioware, an american company (austin texas) should just give the euros what they want? sorry but I dont think thats going to happen...and besides they could change the hours but it would just be the same for americans then...both parties cant be happy. might as well pick the side you live in
WoW does it. And does it well.
Here is what they say about their weekly maintenance:
Quote:
This Wednesday all European realms will be restarted between 05:00 and 07:00 Paris time. An in-game notice will be given 15 minutes prior to the restarts.
Firstly, its when most of us are either asleep or some of us have played it all morning and are thinking of bed.
Secondly, its TWO HOURS. Just 2.
It's hard to complain about this though without sounding like there is nothing more to life than SWTOR. But it still grates.