There's a valid reason why people are upset...

Esaru

It's not because of staggered access. We all knew it was going to be like this. We just didn't know how. And now that we're seeing how it's playing out, it's not surprising people are angry.

Bioware finished their fifth wave of invites at 2pm today. Not only is this obscenely early, but none of the servers are even close to being near any sort of 'stress test' point. 95% of them are light and standard.

THIS is why people are mad. Again, not because it's staggered access - um hello, we knew that already. It's because Bioware simply did not do enough to bring in as many people as they could. Instead they've pussyfooted around and are playing it WAY too safe in my opinion. The servers right now are practically DEAD because there's not enough people there. This potentially bodes that the whole head-start process is going to be extremely slow-going, with the possibility of not even having everyone in by release. I'm honestly not surprised this doesn't rub people the right way. There's no reason it should

Edited by Esaru

• Replies 756
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah im sorry.....look at RIFTs EARLY ACCESS launch.......

as the servers filled up they just kept rolling out new ones when all the servers hit Heavy

Well they ended up having to merge the servers later. I think this is partially the reason they've done this, however I can't see how it's going to change anything in the grand scheme of things. All it's accomplishing right now is upsetting customers.

It's not because of staggered access. We all knew it was going to be like this. We just didn't know how. And now that we're seeing how it's playing out, it's not surprising people are angry.

Bioware finished their fifth wave of invites at 2pm today. Not only is this obscenely early, but none of the servers are even close to being near any sort of 'stress test' point. 95% of them are light and standard.

THIS is why people are mad. Again, not because it's staggered access - um hello, we knew that already. It's because Bioware simply did not do enough to bring in as many people as they could. Instead they've pussyfooted around and are playing it WAY too safe in my opinion. The servers right now are practically DEAD because there's not enough people there. I'm honestly not surprised this doesn't rub people the right way. There's no reason it should

That's what I've been saying. 100% correct.

I'm seeing a lot of medium servers.

Certainly more medium than light anyways, and take into account that today is the FIRST day they're letting people in. It's going to get heavier.

What your argument amounts to as I see it is this: I didn't get in to early access today, that's not fair! Wah wah wah... grow up, man.

Certainly more medium than light anyways, and take into account that today is the FIRST day they're letting people in. It's going to get heavier.

What your argument amounts to as I see it is this: I didn't get in to early access today, that's not fair! Wah wah wah... grow up, man.

So tell me, why not add more people until there were more 'medium' servers to see the effect? Why stop at 2pm? Are you getting it yet?

Edited by Esaru

THIS is why people are mad. Again, not because it's staggered access - um hello, we knew that already. It's because Bioware simply did not do enough to bring in as many people as they could. Instead they've pussyfooted around and are playing it WAY too safe in my opinion. The servers right now are practically DEAD because there's not enough people there. I'm honestly not surprised this doesn't rub people the right way. There's no reason it should

I honestly don't understand why people are asking for a reason for people being mad. People can be mad for whatever reason.

Edited by Xibz

The OP's statement was nothing of the sort.

To many of you sabotaging and defending the developer in posts. You just twisted it into that because you've been white knighting and holding up the over zealous fanboi shield for far too long.

This was a horribly executed first day on Bioware's part and they should be recoiling massively tomorrow, because we don't need any more Bethesda's or Blizzard's. You are here for your customer for you are nothing without them!

Even a base schedule for the invites would have been nice, I know many that took a day off work today to play thinking that because they preordered day 3 they would get in. Do they get in tomorrow? Or the next? Many people work retail and many people do not have this time of the year off to play all day, everyday. A day requested off for a "suggested" (because it wasn't bloody stated otherwise on who would get invited!!!) LAUNCH is like gold for many.

Have some common sense to realize with who the fault lies, and contribute to and assist, rather than put down a now rampaging community.

The EXTREME lack of communication right now, smoke and mirror and under-promise tactics are not how you communicate to a community that is near litteraly enraged with your company.

Stephen Reid said he did a database "pull" earlier on the invite list - well - COMMUNICATE it to the community so people will know when they can expect to play, rather than keep it a guessing game. At this stage in the launch process - you deliver. Hype period ended at 7am EST this morning.

Edited by TwitchFE

If Bioware released a tentative schedule on the waves and who was in them I can guarantee the complaining wouldn't be half as bad. People just want to know what's happening.

This as well, why couldnt they send emails like for beta telling u which day ur in

Edited by CMoneyGB

They are so just going to close this and put a "THANK YOU BIOWARE" in its place.

Can we talk about missing out on naked guild dancing just because you are so happy to be there and see your best friend who you planned years to play with next to you...

prob not, prob not....

If Bioware released a tentative schedule on the waves and who was in them I can guarantee the complaining wouldn't be half as bad. People just want to know what's happening.

People mentioned that but I believe Bioware essentially said that it would cause too much of an uproar if the estimated date didn't meet your actual date. Yeah, you get complainers either way, but frankly I think they would have been better off taking that route.

To be honest I'm also a little confused why they thought this would be the better way. Some information, even if it's an estimate, is better than none at all. At least for most people :p

Edited by Esaru

I'm torked because they had me sitting near my email all day long like a putz hitting the refresh key. Don't give up, you could be in very soon. Here comes another bonus wave. If you don't want to wear out your refresh key try the launcher. Bah. Rubbish. A little communication would have gone a long way.

^this. This is what I was talking about.

Completely agree with you. Pussyfooted is the right word.

agreed they should least give 50% of the people this day then 70% of them the next day and leaving on the 15 everyone with early stuff can join. thats how i feel.

other then that bioware needs to know is that they did not invite much players. everything is light and standard. i think they coulda done better and invited alot more inside for tomorrow for a make up.

if only bioware understood their players thoughts and invite more people to fill up the severs more.