Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Gathering Skills Only, which 3 out of the 4?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Gathering Skills Only, which 3 out of the 4?

DarthLos
01.01.2012 , 12:45 PM | #1
I am thinking of just going the gathering skills route for now. I don't really want to pay for my companion to go out and run the missions, as they seem not to be the money maker in the game. With that said, which 3 out of the 4 gathering skills should I take only to resell the mats on the GTN?

Or maybe another question is which has the most nodes out in the world? I would even consider going slicing if there are nodes aplenty.

Thank you.

TheDarkerPhantom
01.01.2012 , 12:52 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthLos View Post
I am thinking of just going the gathering skills route for now. I don't really want to pay for my companion to go out and run the missions, as they seem not to be the money maker in the game. With that said, which 3 out of the 4 gathering skills should I take only to resell the mats on the GTN?

Or maybe another question is which has the most nodes out in the world? I would even consider going slicing if there are nodes aplenty.

Thank you.
If you do not do any missions then Slavage, Slicing, and Bioanyalys can make you a ton of money.

Of course in all 3 cases, doing the missions is where the highest reward is, Slicing is a huge risk since augments and mission discoveries have a very limited to market it seems.

The lockboxes from the missions often do not return even 50% of the cost of the mission. In the case of the other two, its at least possible to make a profit ( amounts to can you wait long enough to sell the items )

DarthLos
01.01.2012 , 01:04 PM | #3
Thank you for the quick response. So Archaeology is not worthwhile at this time? And what if I did participate in the missions? Does this change your suggestions? Thanks again.

Onomas
01.01.2012 , 01:09 PM | #4
sure it can be, that was just a quick idea. Pick any mission skill you want. But each server is different. Some servers will need this over that. So it depends on your server. Id check the market see whats abundant and what is not. Go from there. I cant tell you exactly what to take because as said before on server X they might need green goo, while on server P they are in desperate need of medical supplies. Just keep an eye out on the market, but many are biochems now so medical supplies might be a good start.

MrFarnsworth
01.01.2012 , 01:10 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by TheDarkerPhantom View Post
If you do not do any missions then Slavage, Slicing, and Bioanyalys can make you a ton of money.

Of course in all 3 cases, doing the missions is where the highest reward is, Slicing is a huge risk since augments and mission discoveries have a very limited to market it seems.

The lockboxes from the missions often do not return even 50% of the cost of the mission. In the case of the other two, its at least possible to make a profit ( amounts to can you wait long enough to sell the items )

I'm sorry but this isn't even close to being accurate.

Yes slicing got nerfed and it isn't very good anymore. But at least give this person the facts right and let him draw his own conclusions!

In general you can expect to make about a 15% profit per slicing mission. (From experience and proven by plenty of different spreadsheets around here). It's not much but it's pretty nice not ever having to worry about what level slicing is at.

I think Salvaging is a must for the ability to salvage many droids after you kill them. Slicing and Salvaging also quite often give you shortcuts and other useful things in flashpoints. Your call on the final crew skill tho.

Cichard
01.01.2012 , 02:03 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by TheDarkerPhantom View Post

when doing slicing then your doing it wrong i always make a profit. You have to watch your yields. only do Bountiful or rich lock boxes and you make killer money even if you have to go back down a few levels
Quote:
The order in which you will gain entry into EGA is dependent on how early you burned your Pre-Order Code. The earlier you burned your Pre-Order Code, the earlier you will be granted entry into EGA.

kuzoh
01.01.2012 , 04:08 PM | #7
Scavenging feeds 3 crafting crew skills
Archaeology feeds 2 crafting crew skills
Bioanalysis feeds 1 crafting crew skill
Slicing feeds 0 crafting crew skills (but essentially creates credits from nothing when slicing nodes)

IMO the choice is between slicing and bioanalysis. I'd go with bioanalysis since it feeds biochem, which is right now the only truly beneficial crew skill to level, thus demand for mats should be higher than other mats.

RvEijndhoven
01.01.2012 , 05:20 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by kuzoh View Post
Scavenging feeds 3 crafting crew skills
Archaeology feeds 2 crafting crew skills
Bioanalysis feeds 1 crafting crew skill
Slicing feeds 0 crafting crew skills (but essentially creates credits from nothing when slicing nodes)

IMO the choice is between slicing and bioanalysis. I'd go with bioanalysis since it feeds biochem, which is right now the only truly beneficial crew skill to level, thus demand for mats should be higher than other mats.
Archeology also only has nodes and missions, while Bioanalysis has nodes, mobs and missions (like Scavenging), also Archeology's Colour Crystals have a 1/3 or 2/3 chance of being near worthless (because of the Force side requirements) and it's nodes are second rarest after Slicing nodes.

kuzoh
01.01.2012 , 07:59 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by RvEijndhoven View Post
Archeology also only has nodes and missions, while Bioanalysis has nodes, mobs and missions (like Scavenging), also Archeology's Colour Crystals have a 1/3 or 2/3 chance of being near worthless (because of the Force side requirements) and it's nodes are second rarest after Slicing nodes.
That just makes the mats more valuable.