Hard Mode fp difficulty

Dont get me wrong i love difficult fp's, i wish fp's had nightmare mode but it seems like alot of these hard mode fp bosses have some crazy enrage timers. A few of them seem unbeatable by people who actualy need the gear they drop.

Does anyone else feel this way? Im a tank and dont have any problems tanking them but if i dont bring 2 raid geared dps who dont need the gear the boss drops we hit the enrage timer, its hard to tell what is going on with NO COMBAT LOGS so i thought id ask here if other people are running into the same thing.

Dont get me wrong i love difficult fp's, i wish fp's had nightmare mode but it seems like alot of these hard mode fp bosses have some crazy enrage timers. A few of them seem unbeatable by people who actualy need the gear they drop.

Does anyone else feel this way? Im a tank and dont have any problems tanking them but if i dont bring 2 raid geared dps who dont need the gear the boss drops we hit the enrage timer, its hard to tell what is going on with NO COMBAT LOGS so i thought id ask here if other people are running into the same thing.

I have yet to run them as im just about to hit 50, but I have seen many people on these forums say they have beaten every flash point with non raid geared dps. Most likely the DPS is low and sadly w/o combat logs or a damage meter we have no way to tell. I for one will be making sure that I run with guildies who know their class and how to get the maximum out of it.

We cleared 3 Hardmodes with some pvp gear and corellia gear, if u have such gear its close with the enrage timer but possible if the players can play their class and u know what to do during the fight. as of now, with a lot of purple gear, most of the hard modes are pretty easy, but still very entertaining, especially when you try a new one.

So yes, the flashpoints in hard mode are hard, but very possible if the players know their class/spec and the fight.

thanks for this post - I hope the difficulty will still be the same once I hit 50, nothing more boring then mindless instance grinding for pve-medals.

My crew and I have only just started doing hardmode FPs. We've been playing together for years now, so as far as synergy goes, it's hard to find much better. These FPs, though, they are kicking our asses. Our tank (Guardian) is clad in full T1 equiv or better (including some T1 pieces with augs.) I, as a Sentinel, and our Scoundrel and Commando each have T1/T2 equiv gearing. Seemingly every boss we encounter goes enrage or is due to go enrage within seconds of the end of the fight. In a couple of cases we have actually won encounters on the back of the tank dying to enrage and me popping my 5 second invuln, while the other two go full DPS.

Right now we are hung up on Ironfist. We seemingly can't get this guy below 25% before enrage, so it's not even close. We've tried everything from ignoring the adds to trying to single heal, much to no avail.

Enrage is all well and fine as a failsafe to prevent healspam to ezmode encounters, but this is ridiculous!

Enrage timers are pretty tight. Everyone needs at least some daily-upgraded mod gear or some PVP gear to put out the damage needed. Class balance is really wonky as well, if you bring a sniper/gunslinger or DPS spec sorc/sage you will trounce the enrage timers handily while any other DPS class comps are going to have a rough go at it. Ranged are also preferable to melee due to having to avoid less mechanics.

HM Flashpoints should be challenging, but they are also the entry point into endgame PVE. I don't think they should be tougher than what most of the average player base can handle.

My group hasn't had too many problems with hard mode flash points. All of the enrage timers are super strict, but they're doable. We roll with a Jug tank, merc and assassin dps, and me healing as a sorcerer.

The biggest problem we had so far was the last boss of Boarding Party. We started stomping that fight into the ground once we all got a couple more pieces of gear and spread out as much as possible to help avoid the nasty splash damage from the commanders nuking.