Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Darth Bane vs Mace Windu


BrandonSM's Avatar


BrandonSM
01.01.2012 , 05:12 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
Mace Windu defeated the culmination of the Rule of Two in Darth Sidious through a duel, Bane would be far easier, using the logic of the Rule of Two.

And Brandon, what? Exar Kun was one of the most powerful Sith ever, if anything, he is under-rated, he put Grand Master Luke in a coma and was never beaten in one-on-one combat, it took two whole Jedi Orders to defeat him both times.
If they went one on one, Exar Kun in his body(Not the essence) vs Luke, he would lose, though maybe I exaggerated him getting defeated easily.

Luke mastered all forms of lightsaber combat and combined all of them into his own nameless form. He is the greatest duelist of all time. Plus, his feats surpass Kun's. Creating Black Holes, teleporting objects, has the strongest force push, could walk on lava, was an illusionist, learned Force Lightning, could shut his presnece, and a bunch more.


Kun in my opinion, is one of the more brilliant Sith similar to Palpatine. And he was skilled with a Lightsaber mastering 2 forms. And all I see having over most opponents is the Dueling and his Force Blast. But thats it.
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

Rayla_Felana's Avatar


Rayla_Felana
01.02.2012 , 05:01 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by BrandonSM View Post
If they went one on one, Exar Kun in his body(Not the essence) vs Luke, he would lose, though maybe I exaggerated him getting defeated easily.

Luke mastered all forms of lightsaber combat and combined all of them into his own nameless form. He is the greatest duelist of all time. Plus, his feats surpass Kun's. Creating Black Holes, teleporting objects, has the strongest force push, could walk on lava, was an illusionist, learned Force Lightning, could shut his presnece, and a bunch more.


Kun in my opinion, is one of the more brilliant Sith similar to Palpatine. And he was skilled with a Lightsaber mastering 2 forms. And all I see having over most opponents is the Dueling and his Force Blast. But thats it.
NJO Exar Kun was far more powerful than OSW Exar Kun, we don't actually know just how powerful he was, I can only imagine what a 4,100 year old Sith spirit of Exar's strength coalescing in the dark side on Yavin IV could've unleashed.

Because of the wall of light, all we know is, he knocked out Luke, disintegrated a Padawan with a thought and from his own words, he could've simply remade his body with the force and other multiple feats.

I think you under-estimate Kun's feats, now i am not saying he could have outright defeated Luke, but as far as we have seen, he certainly had the power to take him on.

Atamosk's Avatar


Atamosk
01.02.2012 , 10:15 AM | #13
haha i need to start reading all the books you are reading. are we talking about theeeeeee "luke?" or someone powerful named luke but not theee luke.
running is never a bad thing

Rhyltran's Avatar


Rhyltran
01.02.2012 , 10:21 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Atamosk View Post
haha i need to start reading all the books you are reading. are we talking about theeeeeee "luke?" or someone powerful named luke but not theee luke.
Yes. Luke Skywalker from Return of the Jedi eventually becomes the most powerful Jedi the order has ever seen.

ThiefUK's Avatar


ThiefUK
01.02.2012 , 10:33 AM | #15
Windu Hands down, he boss's all the fights with that Purple Saber
But Seriously, he bested Sidious so meh, be a great fight to watch imo

EOCDRAGON's Avatar


EOCDRAGON
01.02.2012 , 11:16 AM | #16
Hmm, I see this Mace beating Sidious in that duel spoken of alot, loads of youtube videos have it in the comments, I can understand why ppl think it, also it could be the correct interpretation, however, I felt when I watched the movie, and before I noticed ppl saying this, my initial interpretation watching was that Darth Sidious the Sith Lord was using Mace as a means to luring Anakin to the dark side, by making him choose between the jedi and padme, he was just playing with mace using enough dueling skills to make Mace put effort in so that he could take the fall and appear weak and in need to anakin, putting anakin in a position where he had to either let mace kill Sidious and Padme would die, or stop mace and she would live.

I always thought from this interpretation I had made that this ment Sidious was significantly more powerful then mace since he was willing to lose his lightsabre and risk mace striking him, so therefore he must be strong enough in the force that mace posed no danger to him even without his lightsabre.

but maybe I just interpreted the scene wrongly.

Bluddworth's Avatar


Bluddworth
01.02.2012 , 12:43 PM | #17
Darth Bane hands down. He was the Sithari, "The One", even after he got rid of his "armor". He later learned how to swap souls with anyone.

Darth Zanah (sp?) did not defeat Bane, he transferred his essence into her body. She was young and healthy, but not worthy of taking his place as master.

Windu was weak in comparison and influenced by the dark side, and Bane would have easily manipulated him.
Sanguine Blades
The Dark Side of the Force shall set Us Free
Mei Aijin, Dark Councilor

Atamosk's Avatar


Atamosk
01.02.2012 , 01:11 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Rhyltran View Post
Yes. Luke Skywalker from Return of the Jedi eventually becomes the most powerful Jedi the order has ever seen.
thank you that is so cool. what books does this happen in so i can pick them up if its not to much trouble?
running is never a bad thing

Cthun's Avatar


Cthun
01.02.2012 , 01:27 PM | #19
If we are using Bane and he still has his Orbalisk armor then he'd crush Windu out right.

patheman's Avatar


patheman
01.02.2012 , 01:31 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Triforcedragon View Post
Idd give this one to Mace Windu, partially because the entire point of rule of 2 started by Bane was for the Sith to become stronger meaning Sidius should be far beyond Bane and Mace held his own there.

But beyond that I believe Shatterpoint and Vaapad would give Windu the advantage.
Bane would crush Windu like a grape with shear, brute power of the force. Not to mention his armor takes windus only real advantage away. His armor is near impervious to sabers and energy weapons alltogether.