Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game breaking class quest bug: Jedi Consular, character is stuck cannot progress

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Game breaking class quest bug: Jedi Consular, character is stuck cannot progress
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

mikesaysno
01.01.2012 , 10:58 AM | #1
I logged out last night in the Cantina in Alderaan. I was on the quest "Crisis Situation". I hadn't entered the instance for Crisis Situation or anything. When I logged back in this morning, I had 2 class quests. Crisis Situation and Hostile Negotiations which is a quest I completed earlier. Figuring that I had already completed it, and assumed I would be ok doing the more recent one, I completed the Crisis Situation quest.

I went back to the place where I got the quest, which also happens to be where Hostile Negotiations takes place, and I am clearly being shown both instances at 1 time. Due to this the door to the NPC to complete Crisis Situation is closed and I cannot get to him. I am bugged and cannot progress my character for no reason.

I have submitted a ticket but have not gotten a response. Please reset my character asap so I can continue the story.

GorTh_CZ
01.02.2012 , 08:45 AM | #2
I have exactly the same problem and I already created a ticket and sent it to them. Don't know what to do now .. I tried reseting the quests couple of times but with no luck ;(

I would like to know how the story will go on

Server: Tomb of Freedon Nadd

Btw: I logged out in the cantina yesterday too, so it might be a trigger?

Therfudin
01.04.2012 , 06:24 PM | #3
I've also ran into the same bug >.<
I'm stuck on the quest "Shattering". Its a class quest for the Jedi Consular and whenever I try to use my com on my ship it glitches out and just returns me to the same place I was standing before without any completion or recognition that I started it. PLEASE HELP

Pandemonium - Wall of Light

toadthetoad
01.06.2012 , 12:04 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by mikesaysno View Post
I logged out last night in the Cantina in Alderaan. I was on the quest "Crisis Situation". I hadn't entered the instance for Crisis Situation or anything. When I logged back in this morning, I had 2 class quests. Crisis Situation and Hostile Negotiations which is a quest I completed earlier. Figuring that I had already completed it, and assumed I would be ok doing the more recent one, I completed the Crisis Situation quest.

I went back to the place where I got the quest, which also happens to be where Hostile Negotiations takes place, and I am clearly being shown both instances at 1 time. Due to this the door to the NPC to complete Crisis Situation is closed and I cannot get to him. I am bugged and cannot progress my character for no reason.

I have submitted a ticket but have not gotten a response. Please reset my character asap so I can continue the story.
Exact same thing happened to me back on Dec 19th and my character has been unplayable since. I've submitted 16 tickets on it now and every single one has been closed with no fix. I am beyond outraged by this. Please let me know if you get fixed.

LanUnique
01.06.2012 , 05:58 PM | #5
Hey,

I have exact the same problem, tried resetting over 20 times now, but still the same problem...

Anyone got it fixed yet?

GorTh_CZ
01.11.2012 , 03:28 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by LanUnique View Post
Anyone got it fixed yet?
Nope and the response from the customer service was really dump. At first they suggested to reload my user interface (ctrl+u) twice - have no idea what's the connection. As a second advice they repeated exactly what I already tried and mentioned in the ticket (reseting instance... etc.) or impossible - like abandoning class quest. The last suggestion was to create new ticket with a specific keyword and providing some details I already provided in the first ticket. Uff

I like to provide as much information as possible but this is like bullying

HeatherRae
01.11.2012 , 03:33 PM | #7
I've been experiencing the same bug on my Jedi Consular since last week. I finished up "The Flow of Goods" and picked up the follow-up quest "Shadows." I logged out without starting the Shadows quest, and when I logged back in, I had two quests once again - "The Flow of Goods" and "Shadows." I was stuck on the Holocom portion of The Flow Of Goods.

I've tried everything. I've entered the keyword that's supposed to escalate my ticket. I've had no response since Saturday. I doubt anyone's even looked at it, to be honest.

HeatherRae
01.11.2012 , 05:03 PM | #8
They just closed my ticket and said to look for upcoming patches for a fix.

Carnx
01.11.2012 , 05:36 PM | #9
My wife has the exact same bug as well! She created a thread here and got this response: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=158340

Unfortunately, it probably just means more waiting rather than an actual fix!! This is seriously an easy fix as they only have to remove the bugged version of the quest! I don't understand why this is so difficult and takes so long!!

babefest
01.19.2012 , 02:02 AM | #10
Has anyone gotten this fixed yet? Or any reply/progress?

It's already been 3 weeks for me and last week, I submitted a ticket with Hedgehog and it was just deleted recently with no answer/reason. This is truly unprofessional and very frustrating as I cannot continue my class quest!