Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Dungeon Finder Needed Badly.

Obi-Wun
01.01.2012 , 10:24 AM | #1
What this game really needs at this point...is a Dungeon Finder. It was a huge success in other MMO's, no reason for it not to be in this game.

Pros:

1. Can continue questing while waiting for group to form.
2. Prevents trolls from sitting there ruining General Chat while they are bored trying to fill a group.
3. Proves that BioWare can do something like this. Buys street creds.

Cons:

1. Some people think it ruins the community...but I think they are wrong. They obviously have not sat for an hour trying to fill a Flashpoint group.
2. People who think like that are probably in a huge guild and have no trouble filling groups. We're usually filling 2-3 of 4 and just need that last role.
When I turn of Harpoon Shot, or Two Hook...please make it STAY OFF. KTHNXBAI

Shakoba
01.01.2012 , 10:26 AM | #2
I fully disagree.

Destruction of community is not fun

carnac_fett
01.01.2012 , 10:27 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Shakoba View Post
I fully disagree.

Destruction of community is not fun
I don't see what a dungeon finder has to do with the destruction of community. Can you elaborate on your strange comment?
Safeguard - Jedi Guardian - Harbinger (US)

Kaphik
01.01.2012 , 10:27 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Obi-Wun View Post
What this game really needs at this point...is a Dungeon Finder. It was a huge success in other MMO's, no reason for it not to be in this game.

Pros:

2. Prevents trolls from sitting there ruining General Chat while they are bored trying to fill a group.
You can already do all of that by flagging yourself as LFG and then changing your comment, specifying which flashpoint you want. Also, speaking in General chat on the planet you are leveling on has been a great way for me to find groups for a flashpoint at the level I was at.

What you really want, I think, is something that will automatically put you in a group. I don't feel we need it, and I don't ever want to see it. If it's too much effort for someone to join a group and not have it done for you, they shouldn't even be playing a game. Try Facebook or some browser game for that.

carnac_fett
01.01.2012 , 10:27 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaphik View Post
If it's too much effort for someone to join a group and not have it done for you, they shouldn't even be playing a game. Try Facebook or some browser game for that.
You can also try every modern MMO made since 2004. They all have dungeon finders.

JSykes
01.01.2012 , 10:28 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Obi-Wun View Post

Pros:

Cons:

1. Some people think it ruins the community...but I think they are wrong. They obviously have not sat for an hour trying to fill a Flashpoint group.
2. People who think like that are probably in a huge guild and have no trouble filling groups. We're usually filling 2-3 of 4 and just need that last role.
In regards to your Pros....

1. You can do that right now, unless you can't move and type.

2. Really... this is the lamest thing I read, trolls will be trolls no matter what.

3. All it'll prove is Bioware caters to the lowest common denominator in the MMO hierarchy, the whining casual, and that won't do them any good.
Representation of TOR from Launch to the end of the free month is here.

Gohlar
01.01.2012 , 10:28 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by carnac_fett View Post
I don't see what a dungeon finder has to do with the destruction of community. Can you elaborate on your strange comment?
He got yelled at in a random and condemned the entire system.

Kaphik
01.01.2012 , 10:29 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by carnac_fett View Post
You can also try every modern MMO made since 2004. They all have dungeon finders.
Really? Which ones?

carnac_fett
01.01.2012 , 10:29 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by JSykes View Post
3. All it'll prove is Bioware caters to the lowest common denominator in the MMO hierarchy, the whining casual, and that won't do them any good.
It is strange that you call casuals "whining casuals", but regardless, making the game more accessible for the non-hardcore will get them more subscribers. Which is a good thing!

carnac_fett
01.01.2012 , 10:29 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaphik View Post
Really? Which ones?
World of Warcraft, Lord of the Rings Online, RIFT, and Aion.