Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Please bring back the opportunity to kill our companions or...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Please bring back the opportunity to kill our companions or...

SarinTabun
01.01.2012 , 05:03 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by theadjectivenoun View Post
cause then you would kill off all your companions and you would cry to BioWare, and then they'll have to hold your hand and everybody else's hand, and go "now now, that's not a good little boy."

Did you even read any of the responses in this thread? Apparently not because I've already addressed this.

Quote: Originally Posted by theadjectivenoun View Post
besides your a sith player you are expected to be betrayed and betray, to kill or get killed. If you didn't want that to happen you shouldn't have played a sith, or did you forget how they operate.
I know I'm a Sith and if someone betrays me then they die, that's how it works. When I'm betrayed I'm not allowed to kill the guy, instead I have to keep him on my crew and I think it's bullcrap.

AceM
01.01.2012 , 06:56 PM | #22
If you kill your companion you're gonna be down one person to do missions with.. I guess if you want to take that responsibility that's fine.. maybe if you eventually wanted them back you could go to a cloning facility or something and the storyline would be that they made a clone of your companion and you want them back. Otherwise maybe you could replace them with droids or something.

Zierk
01.02.2012 , 01:03 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by SarinTabun View Post
there is only 1 companion that heals out of all my companions no matter what stances are available and it seems that way for all classes.
Don't lie, you know your ship droid heals too... roflol
||▨╟╬∑|█ ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒)
"I will not falter, my hate knows no bounds."

jaszunne
01.02.2012 , 01:31 AM | #24
Perhaps, once same-sex romancable companions become available, we'll get some new healers (or whatever else). That's a bit of killing two birds with one stone, eh?

BrigOrion
01.02.2012 , 01:48 AM | #25
If they hadn't roped themselves in with the voice acting, they could have made it so we picked our own companions instead of everyone getting stuck with the same ones.

waurgh
01.02.2012 , 11:13 PM | #26
Given the voice acting issues in relation to companions, I'd suggest that maybe being able to swap out companions for those of one of the other classes may be an option - they have already voiced the non-class missions so having them do a few extras for class missions, maybe starting from lvl 40+? You could swap like for like for crew balance, and seeking them out via a quest which mimics their story missions would minimise the voice acting requirements again.

Just a thought...

Darthmoriquendi
01.03.2012 , 04:37 AM | #27
Quote:

Spoiler

So i wonder if you are a female sith warrior and you have a romance going on with this particular companion if he will still betray you or not or if the story takes a different turn of events because of the relationship. If he does betray you are you still able to marry this companion or maybe you are already married when this happens. Anxious to see how this turns out but i may not like it..........

Krsnik
01.03.2012 , 07:48 AM | #28
I agree with the OP. Seriously, after what happens in his spoiler, I was going nuts for not being able to kill the companion. The companion then says stupid stuff in the future conversations too... and the romance options are working weird in this case. And wasn't this game supposed to ensure our decisions mattered and feel like a proper RPG in the end? I know there would be a lot of rivers going on, but then again, if people want to see what happens when you kill a companion, and then ask for them to be revived, then maybe they shouldn't play RPGs to begin with?

grania
01.03.2012 , 08:08 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Darthmoriquendi View Post
Quote:

Spoiler

So i wonder if you are a female sith warrior and you have a romance going on with this particular companion if he will still betray you or not or if the story takes a different turn of events because of the relationship. If he does betray you are you still able to marry this companion or maybe you are already married when this happens. Anxious to see how this turns out but i may not like it..........
I'm curious too - working on finding out the answer . We're already married, so betrayal by that companion would be a little extra vile.
--,-'-{## ##}-'-,--
"Mama, I dies your character, sorree!"

bigheadbrandon
01.03.2012 , 08:46 AM | #30
people seem to forget they have 2 healers with the ship droid
gear him up and there you go