Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Please bring back the opportunity to kill our companions or...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Please bring back the opportunity to kill our companions or...

KahnyaGnorc
01.01.2012 , 12:02 PM | #11
I don't advocate every companion being able to do every role. However, I think all companions should be able to fulfill two roles. Tank and healer companions can already dps for the most part, but you have dps companions that do nothing else.

_Miranda_
01.01.2012 , 12:25 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Elear View Post
Main problem here isn't losing companions - you would do it with clear intention to do so, and therefore have to live with this choice.

Problem lies in people that don't realy want to kill them but would still do it to see what happens. And then rivers would flow.

Wait, you mean I permanently killed him? Like, forever?
Just add the following disclaimer:

"This choice is permanent. If you complain later, the trolls will be merciless."
~~>Ceridwen<~~
Republic Centurions
An LGBT friendly roleplaying Guild!

SarinTabun
01.01.2012 , 12:28 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by KahnyaGnorc View Post
I don't advocate every companion being able to do every role. However, I think all companions should be able to fulfill two roles. Tank and healer companions can already dps for the most part, but you have dps companions that do nothing else.
this is an excellent idea. i like the way you think. make the dps comps have a healing stance. as it is right now this is the break down of possible roles filled by comps:

Healing - 1
Tank - 2
DPS - 5

If you can't see that's there's something wrong with that ratio then you might want to get your eyes checked. They can also make it where the dps comps healing stance is not as strong as the healer comp's healing stance. since the healer's dps stance isn't that strong.

Darkcloudy
01.01.2012 , 12:43 PM | #14
Actually it is true that you cant change your companions role but you have features that make your companions behave in one way or another, a clear example is Khem Val, he has different stances and you can change them making him into a dps char or a tanky one.
I think killing companions wouldnt work in the current metagame, especially when crafting is something important in this game, you will only be gimping yourself towards the future of you playtime in the game.
Also a lot of people could kill their companion because they felt in that moment were ********s but then in the future regret that decision.
Just give props to BW for making a story driven MMO that let us have companions and making them actually alive and with different personalities, that much gives the game so much variety I doubt you will ever be bored of them.

P.S I dont knwo which companions you hate or love from your diff chars, but I have a IA a JK and a SI and I love all of the companions i met so far.

SarinTabun
01.01.2012 , 01:08 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Darkcloudy View Post
Actually it is true that you cant change your companions role but you have features that make your companions behave in one way or another, a clear example is Khem Val, he has different stances and you can change them making him into a dps char or a tanky one.
I think killing companions wouldnt work in the current metagame, especially when crafting is something important in this game, you will only be gimping yourself towards the future of you playtime in the game.
Also a lot of people could kill their companion because they felt in that moment were ********s but then in the future regret that decision.
Just give props to BW for making a story driven MMO that let us have companions and making them actually alive and with different personalities, that much gives the game so much variety I doubt you will ever be bored of them.

P.S I dont knwo which companions you hate or love from your diff chars, but I have a IA a JK and a SI and I love all of the companions i met so far.
there is only 1 companion that heals out of all my companions no matter what stances are available and it seems that way for all classes.

Aisaka_Taiga
01.01.2012 , 03:12 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by SarinTabun View Post
also if you choose to kill your companion then you need to own that choice. i would rather kill this guy i hate with a passion and lose a companion than have him around. if that makes me short one companion then that's on me and i accept that responsibility.

You want BW to apply a way to make it so you can change what your companion does role wise, all for the reason of you not liking him?

That's stupid and childish.

There are more things that need to be addressed and fixed that are far more important than you not liking your companion.

Im sure most people dont care about the lore, but these companions are that way because thats what their story background calls for, and would ruin the effect of the story if say i took my companion, Khem Val, and made him healer, when clearly he wants to devour people.

Build a bridge, get over it. Such a petty thing to be hung up on.

theadjectivenoun
01.01.2012 , 03:15 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by SarinTabun View Post
at least let us change their roles. Here's the reason I ask this.

Spoiler

Since BW is not going to let us kill our companions please allow us to change what role they perform.
cause then you would kill off all your companions and you would cry to BioWare, and then they'll have to hold your hand and everybody else's hand, and go "now now, that's not a good little boy."

besides your a sith player you are expected to be betrayed and betray, to kill or get killed. If you didn't want that to happen you shouldn't have played a sith, or did you forget how they operate.

dynamofan
01.01.2012 , 04:04 PM | #18
I would like to be able to rid myself of certain companions, but then be able to pick up new ones somewhere along the way, in the form of an extended story. It could even be a mission. Hopefully it will come around as an update.
Jedi Covenant
Forkath- LVL 36 Imperial Agent
Xellephax- LVL 44 Jedi Consular

ThaneMasson
01.01.2012 , 04:37 PM | #19
Killing a Companion would be an unwise move for players and changing there roles would destroy their own stories. However let me give you a counter proposal.

The number of deploy able companions is limited by you Characters level so bio ware can add more companions without fear of crew skills being exploited because of it. So they can simply give you missions for extra companions. You must do a whole quest line for the new companions and they have 1 for each role making your total crew 11 (2xCombat Role + Ship Droid).

SarinTabun
01.01.2012 , 04:54 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Aisaka_Taiga View Post
You want BW to apply a way to make it so you can change what your companion does role wise, all for the reason of you not liking him?

That's stupid and childish.

There are more things that need to be addressed and fixed that are far more important than you not liking your companion.

Im sure most people dont care about the lore, but these companions are that way because thats what their story background calls for, and would ruin the effect of the story if say i took my companion, Khem Val, and made him healer, when clearly he wants to devour people.

Build a bridge, get over it. Such a petty thing to be hung up on.
Did I come on here and rant about how it needs to be fixed right this instant or I would quit my sub? No. Did I say I was hung up on it? No. I'm just voicing my opinion about a mechanic that is in the game that I would like to be changed (someday). Last time I checked I was allowed to do that. To sit here and call me stupid and childish makes you look like a jack0ff.

There's nothing childish about me wanting to kill my companion because of his betrayal. Since I'm not allowed to kill him maybe they could implement something so he would not be the only healer companion that I have so I can keep his butt on the ship and I not have to deal with him.

Only having 1 healing companion is a bad thing since there are 5 dps companions and 2 tanks. It limits how a player can use their companions.