Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Elites should be removed from all non Heroic/FP/Operations missions

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Elites should be removed from all non Heroic/FP/Operations missions

tarugo
01.01.2012 , 09:02 AM | #21
I love the elites in normal solo quests. They add a dimension of toughness and add a bit of realism storywise, since the final boss of any quest must be much better than the regular mobs. If all quests are tuned to the lvl of 10 year olds, the adult players would be bored.

steev
01.01.2012 , 09:02 AM | #22

well
01.01.2012 , 09:04 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by geogaddi View Post
L2P issue. If anything, please make the game harder.

Use starter gear.That will make it harder for you.See that was easy.

corbanite
01.01.2012 , 09:04 AM | #24
IF they nerf the game down to a the lvl of a 10 year old then I would not be playing. I didn't play clone wars because it looked like it was aimed for a younger audience.

WoW has pandas and pokemon though.. I don't want to play wow anymore either.

Jett-Rinn
01.01.2012 , 09:05 AM | #25
My Daughter is 10 she plays the game fine by herself (of course we make sure all chats are off) She ran hammer station with my wife and I last night and was a decent DPS. I don't see the issue.

Blogmonster
01.01.2012 , 09:07 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Shivetya View Post
Having to explain to a ten year old, let alone getting her brother to help her, that its not too hard doesn't cut it anymore. She; and for the most part her brother; are playing because games are supposed to be fun. While some will think ten is young with proper supervision the game is fine, she sees worse on cable and hears worse as school. That out of the way, far too many missions are stymieing her simple because of the elites involved. Her brother would never admit any problems but he is a bit more stubborn so eventually pushes his way past most if.

What I am getting to is that if she stops playing most likely the rest of us will too. She wants to do her character by herself (if I have to explain why you don't know young ladies) . While we can and do play together at times its a matter of timing. Leaving Christmas vacation and my timimg will be wholly different from theirs. There just isn't a point to the heroic mobs in the normal missions. They are only frustrating and not helping the story along. Of the four of us she does not do missions unless prodded but she will control the fate of four accounts.
Are you trying to encourage your children to be less inquisitive? Your son is determined not stubborn, you will most likely stifle his ambition. You should be ashamed.

Edit: Fail editing ftl

Aleeha
01.01.2012 , 09:08 AM | #27
If you are allowing a prepubescent child play this game you have some serious issues as a parent. The ESRB rating is and I quote from http://www.swtor.com/, "TEEN: Blood and Gore, Mild Language, Sexual Themes, Violence."

So I suggest that you actually do some parenting and not allow children to play this video game and find some video games which are more suited for that age group.

Grimfyre
01.01.2012 , 09:09 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Shivetya View Post
What I am getting to is that if she stops playing most likely the rest of us will too. She wants to do her character by herself (if I have to explain why you don't know young ladies) . While we can and do play together at times its a matter of timing. Leaving Christmas vacation and my timimg will be wholly different from theirs. There just isn't a point to the heroic mobs in the normal missions. They are only frustrating and not helping the story along. Of the four of us she does not do missions unless prodded but she will control the fate of four accounts.
I'm sorry but i am pretty sure we will not follow your 10 year old and leave if she does. And considering the game is 16+ then this whole post seems rather irrelevant.
WWWYKI Bro
Grimfyre - Sith Inquisitor

mydknightcloud
01.01.2012 , 09:10 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by steev View Post
I lol'd. THAT was funny.
Retreat? Hell, we just got here.

emartell
01.01.2012 , 09:11 AM | #30
Im sorry that your daughter has that kind of control over your accounts

Please please please leave "the stars" where they are. I'm pretty sure it's gong to be a deal breaker for me if the game is made easier for a 10 year old.