Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What's with the stupid hard storyline missions?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
What's with the stupid hard storyline missions?

GunsBlazing
01.01.2012 , 05:41 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by DavesTheName View Post
I've been getting a lot of these lately. I'm a Jedi Knight tank with pretty much full orange(epic?) gear and I'm using Kira as companion and she's got pretty much all orange gear too. "Guided by the Force" is the current mission that's kicking my ***. I'm level 34 and I have to kill 3 "Sith Harrowers". Dual-wielding level 32 warrior types, elites, separately.

I've died on the first one twice but then finally killed it with literally only 20 hit points left - if he'd had a DoT on me I'd have dropped dead right after he died. The second one has killed me 3 times this time - I had him down to below 50 hit points but he got me.

This has been happening quite a lot in the last 5 levels or so. Stupidly hard storyline missions that really ought not to be this hard - especially when they're green quests because I'm 2-3-4 levels higher than they are.
Get ready for 40 then Balserais... is the hardest planet.... 2+ Heroic quests there.. i won't even tell you!

It just gets harder and harder.. i just call in my guild's 50's to help me cuz i'm just tired of dying
"Being a Jedi will involve making such life and death choices. You'll have to face terrible ordeals. It is very easy to become trapped into a corner with nowhere to go."

Martinic
01.01.2012 , 05:41 AM | #12
They are a bit hard but after you figure out your skill rotation they become very easy to complete.

SodaOfYoda
01.01.2012 , 05:42 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Aleeha View Post
I can only speak from my experience on a marauder playing in the annihilation spec - there were 3 fights leveling up that I needed help and you can get help in class quests.

Also as soon as I switched out from Jaesa to Quinn made all the difference in the world. Once Quinn has some good gear it becomes rare that I die at all.
I've never messed with healing companions, and what little I have didn't really impress me (but that was usually right when I got them, not geared very well). I'll have to invest some into Quinn and see how that works out. So far I haven't had any trouble with Vette, but immediately switched to Jaesa as it's annoying being front line with a back line companion pulling hate. Keeping Jaesa close by kept the groupings tighter and allowed better control on my end without too much micromanaging on the companion hotbar.

Definitely have to look into Quinn though. Sounds interesting!

-

I think the hardest parts for me first time around in story progression was the barrage droids. Those missile barrages just tore me up after chapter 1 on Taris. For whatever reason, I just had the worst of luck on Taris and Quesh. It seemed to pick up afterwards on Hoth until I hit Belsavis and it slowed down for me considerably. Gaining a level to 41 though put me right back into the action and I got 50 within the day. This was all done with companion and no other assistance.

You want a cup of jawa juice?

Reztastic
01.01.2012 , 05:43 AM | #14
Healing companions are the only option for questing.
Regardless, I have my VIP room to smack my wookies in and snort death sticks off a droids rear-access hatch.
Quote: Originally Posted by PatsyAnderson
We're going to close this thread, since it is aimed at the community and not about the game.

Taliesyn
01.01.2012 , 05:43 AM | #15
You might want to check the stats on your gear and the components in the oranges, then. I leveled with 5 customizable armor pieces plus my lightsaber, and I used kira as well and updated her as best I could, and the only mission that was actually difficult was the final boss for Act III. (And BOY HOWDY was that one rough!)

Don't forget you have a ton of interrupts, and your stunning attacks do work on strong mobs. Don't overlook things like Force Stasis, Hilt Strike, Force Throw, etc.

I think most of the fights are designed to be challenging but doable if you're at the minimum level you can get them and are in the best green gear available to your level. I'll admit I had a lot of blue-quality mods at all times (my guardian is an artificer), so that did make things easier.
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."
-Galileo Galilei

DavesTheName
01.01.2012 , 05:44 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by GunsBlazing View Post
Get ready for 40 then Balserais... is the hardest planet.... 2+ Heroic quests there.. i won't even tell you!

It just gets harder and harder.. i just call in my guild's 50's to help me cuz i'm just tired of dying
That's OK, I always find another person for heroic 2+, or 3 people for heroic 4+. It's storyline missions that I'm way higher than and that aren't marked as heroic but then turn out to be ridiculously difficult that bother me.

frimanove
01.01.2012 , 05:44 AM | #17
I agree with you that it's quite hard to finish some of this role-quests. But just one thing when it come to gear, orange does not mean that it's epic gear it's only indicate that the gear can be modified.

Good luck fellow Jedi Knight
You only live twice:
Once when you're born
And once when you look death in the face.

SaltAU
01.01.2012 , 05:46 AM | #18
You said you had orange gear, are the mods in the gear all up to date? ie. your current level? Does your companion tank or heal? Try sending your companion in, allow it to build a decent amount of threat while you attack the mob with 'light' attacks, once your companion is on about 30% health go nuts, get agro and you'll find the mob should be fairly easy to kill. If you are pulling agro straight away and dying with your companion on 100% health then you are doing it wrong. Play smart.

SaltAU
01.01.2012 , 05:52 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Reztastic View Post
Healing companions are the only option for questing.
Wrong, utilising your companion and managing threat is just as efficient. I often let my companion do most of the work, you can sit there and watch if you like just learn to manage your threat levels. I have even got to the point where a melee mob has been running back and forth between myself and my companion 30m away because the threat level is balanced. The mob dies inbetween you both because it doesn't know where to go. No point being a hero grabbing 100% threat and then dying while your companion is sitting on 100%.

Learning and managing your threat is an element of the game many players overlook.

Shogunjedi
01.01.2012 , 05:52 AM | #20
Strange. I remember these mobs .I killed them around your level as a sentinel.
Had to improvise , i attacked nearby beasts , got my centering to 30 stacks then attacked Harrowers. Build u centering helped me get additional heals via Zen in Jingyo form( i think its called jingyo)

The thing is u need to do it your best with these mobs , use all cds , use stims and pots.
And if u cant kill them now wait another level, they are not going anywhere. It will get easier,
later on.