Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What's with the stupid hard storyline missions?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
What's with the stupid hard storyline missions?

DavesTheName
01.01.2012 , 05:33 AM | #1
I've been getting a lot of these lately. I'm a Jedi Knight tank with pretty much full orange(epic?) gear and I'm using Kira as companion and she's got pretty much all orange gear too. "Guided by the Force" is the current mission that's kicking my ***. I'm level 34 and I have to kill 3 "Sith Harrowers". Dual-wielding level 32 warrior types, elites, separately.

I've died on the first one twice but then finally killed it with literally only 20 hit points left - if he'd had a DoT on me I'd have dropped dead right after he died. The second one has killed me 3 times this time - I had him down to below 50 hit points but he got me.

This has been happening quite a lot in the last 5 levels or so. Stupidly hard storyline missions that really ought not to be this hard - especially when they're green quests because I'm 2-3-4 levels higher than they are.

Reztastic
01.01.2012 , 05:34 AM | #2
Get better gear or have someone help you.
Regardless, I have my VIP room to smack my wookies in and snort death sticks off a droids rear-access hatch.
Quote: Originally Posted by PatsyAnderson
We're going to close this thread, since it is aimed at the community and not about the game.

nrseven
01.01.2012 , 05:36 AM | #3
agreed, get better gear, i had some issues with my BH episode 1 classquests at around lvl 32, I got beaten the crap out of me every single time, my solution, got me some new armor by questing, went back & rotfl'd on them

twistedtime
01.01.2012 , 05:36 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Reztastic View Post
I find two is better than one. However three gets a bit messy and theres no way you can satisfy four. Its just too much work and everyone gets tired. Constantly going in and out of places. Exploring all the nokes and crannies for everyones benefit.
You have not died until I consent..........*Warning Counter: 1*

Aleeha
01.01.2012 , 05:36 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by DavesTheName View Post
I've been getting a lot of these lately. I'm a Jedi Knight tank with pretty much full orange(epic?) gear and I'm using Kira as companion and she's got pretty much all orange gear too. "Guided by the Force" is the current mission that's kicking my ***. I'm level 34 and I have to kill 3 "Sith Harrowers". Dual-wielding level 32 warrior types, elites, separately.

I've died on the first one twice but then finally killed it with literally only 20 hit points left - if he'd had a DoT on me I'd have dropped dead right after he died. The second one has killed me 3 times this time - I had him down to below 50 hit points but he got me.

This has been happening quite a lot in the last 5 levels or so. Stupidly hard storyline missions that really ought not to be this hard - especially when they're green quests because I'm 2-3-4 levels higher than they are.
I can only speak from my experience on a marauder playing in the annihilation spec - there were 3 fights leveling up that I needed help and you can get help in class quests.

Also as soon as I switched out from Jaesa to Quinn made all the difference in the world. Once Quinn has some good gear it becomes rare that I die at all.

buckrogerspdx
01.01.2012 , 05:37 AM | #6
Did you put enhancements/mods on your orange gear?
Han: "Still, she's got a lot of spirit. I don't know, whaddya think? You think a princess and a guy like me..."

Luke: "No."

Eegorr
01.01.2012 , 05:38 AM | #7
I don't think they're too difficult, but what I find very sad is that the storyline missions just don't scale with the number of friends you bring. We just steam-roll over all of the content and that's no fun either. It does say something like 'enemy reinforcements arrivingi' when we enter a story area, but those are usually a pushover.

If you bring a whole group you should be facing champions and not silvers. On the whole, to return to what the OP said, scaling seems to be quite off at the moment.

scfs
01.01.2012 , 05:38 AM | #8
THink you missed the title.
It says "WHY"
not "How do i"

Infleto
01.01.2012 , 05:39 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by DavesTheName View Post

This is a MMO still, Most people are playing it like a single player RPG that has a online multiplayer component for raids / pvp

DavesTheName
01.01.2012 , 05:39 AM | #10
I guess you didn't read my post. I already have the gear and so does my companion. It's a storyline mission and it's green - I'm several levels higher than the mission itself and 2 levels higher than the elites I'm supposed to kill. I already killed them since I made the thread but the point I'm making is I had to die about 8 times to do it. What the hell is the point in having 99/100 quests be supremely easy - easy to the point where they can be done with eyes closed - and every once in a while having a quest that's supremely difficult when it isn't described as a "Heroic" or "group" quest.