Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Expanded Universe ???? LOL ?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
The Expanded Universe ???? LOL ?

Wolfninjajedi
01.01.2012 , 05:30 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Rhyltran View Post
No but Luke destroyed a death star without even relying on force powers to do it. It doesn't matter. Kyp can move the sun crusher with the force alone and Luke is far more powerful than Kyp. There's just too much Luke feats for Revan to keep up. Too much that Luke has done that trumps everything Revan has.
Luke actually did use the force in destroying the death star. But its more of a feat because he had little time with training, and he didn't know the capabilities of proton torpedos nor knowing how far away the exhaust port was and was traveling at high speeds.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Anareon
01.01.2012 , 09:05 PM | #22
I am a fan of Star Wars. The movies. The entire EU is very ridiculous and rife with horrible and re-hashed plot points.

bfishback
01.01.2012 , 09:13 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Anareon View Post
I am a fan of Star Wars. The movies. The entire EU is very ridiculous and rife with horrible and re-hashed plot points.
Yet you're on a website dedicated to a game that is set in the EU..

Raltar
01.01.2012 , 09:25 PM | #24
With the exception of the Revan novel, all of the Old Republic stuff is good. Can't say the same for the post RotJ stuff. Some good, mostly bad, though.

BrandonSM
01.01.2012 , 09:55 PM | #25
I believe, we need to end the Skywalkers and Solo's stories. Kill them off or something, the Rebellion-Legacy Era is too filled up.
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

Durzaka
01.01.2012 , 11:23 PM | #26
I didnt read apst the complaints about the war continuing.

Imagine:

"Moff blah blah: Oh no, the Emperor is dead. I guess we lose the way."

"Moff bla bla: What? We outnumber them and are far better equip. Why do we lose?"

"Moff Blah blah: It doesn't matter we lose."

Exactly. Wars dont end the very instant a leader loses if someone else is around to take up the remains.
Durzaka Retribution

Stormcloudx
01.01.2012 , 11:41 PM | #27
regarding the empire..yes they rise again about 137 years after the emperors first death..but they are not the same evil empire as before..aliens are even in stormtroopers ranks. Infact the empire is split between a good emperor (loyalist) and a bad emperor who did a coup (sith) but the alliance really has no power and were weakened badly by wars with other forces. Not to mention many people were unhappy with the alliance as they were going through the same cycle as the republic always does..corruption and ineffectiveness.

It's like they screw themselves..ppl say screw this..then empire rises crushes them hard..they say oh we weren't so bad after all...then rinse and repeat..but at least the latest empire holds promise.

Anareon
01.02.2012 , 01:32 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by bfishback View Post
Yet you're on a website dedicated to a game that is set in the EU..
I don't have to be a fan of the EU to be on the website.

BrandonSM
01.02.2012 , 03:52 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Anareon View Post
I don't have to be a fan of the EU to be on the website.
Well, since you have to be a subscriber to post. Which means you are a fan of the EU.
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

Walldude
01.02.2012 , 08:59 PM | #30
In the beginning, with the exception of the Zahn books, the EU had some trouble getting it's footing. Once the New Jedi Order came along things started to gel quite well.

From the NJO to the Swarm War to Fate Of the Jedi to Legacy Of The Force, all mostly good series.

Not to mention Zahn has been writing the occasional book. And that man has a grasp of the characters in the SW universe.

The only thing diatribe you posted does is describe the inherent difference between books and film. Plus added is own SW bias.