Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Boarding Party-Commander Jorland encounter

phlowbies
01.01.2012 , 07:13 PM | #11
Yeah, we're talking heroic here.

cncgod
01.01.2012 , 08:05 PM | #12
I call BS on it just being a healing fight. 7k grenades every 2-3 sec isn't possible to heal through for any length of time. Ive done the other hardmodes without too much problem so if you think this is easy or working as intended you are either someone who has never done them or trolling. Ive never seen to talked to ANY group who has done it without kiting Jorland.

phlowbies
01.01.2012 , 08:10 PM | #13
K, I'll get a video up later.

CloudedInSanity
01.01.2012 , 09:30 PM | #14
Honestly my problem with this boss is not as much as healing (which personally I find to be quite fun from a healer PoV) but the fact that this boss is impossible with entry level gear IF you have a melee DPS.

Me and my guildies are quite experienced raiders from WoW and honestly the only thing that we found challenging from this fight was the healing. Once we worked up a successful strat with a melee (kiting the warrior boss to the corner to avoid AoE damage) and then proceeding to kill Jorland. In addition with this strat we found in necessary that that one of the melee (tank or DPS) had to stand out of range to not get cleaved. This worked well until we killed him and immediately hit enrage on us.

TL;DR You can't have a melee and successfully do this fight without the group being extremely geared, and at that point you won't have to even do the instance.

TL;DR 2 This game is way 2 melee unfriendly.

phlowbies
01.01.2012 , 09:45 PM | #15
Uploading now.

phlowbies
01.01.2012 , 09:46 PM | #16
And yes, you can have meelee as long as they're spread right.

Tonoftw
01.01.2012 , 09:57 PM | #17
How about i dunno... keeping the tank on the healer and interrupting.. The melee guy hits less then a wet noodle.. burn him first. while keeping the heals interrupted.. stay spread out.. and heal through the grenades.. then burn the commander 2nd.. then if u hit enrage.. its on a healer which hits nothing...; Easy fight is easy
There ain't no nothing we can't love each other through.

phlowbies
01.01.2012 , 10:17 PM | #18
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gf2gp0dLcHQ&hd=1

chest works with a one shot...

phlowbies
01.01.2012 , 11:18 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by cncgod View Post
I call BS on it just being a healing fight. 7k grenades every 2-3 sec isn't possible to heal through for any length of time. Ive done the other hardmodes without too much problem so if you think this is easy or working as intended you are either someone who has never done them or trolling. Ive never seen to talked to ANY group who has done it without kiting Jorland.
BTW, working as intended.

CloudedInSanity
01.01.2012 , 11:35 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by phlowbies View Post
K, I'll get a video up later.
The healing is not what makes the fight hard, what makes the fight hard is having a melee DPS that cannot constantly DPS the warrior add without cleaving the AoE to everyone. With a 3 ranged group and a healer that does not suck this fight is honestly a joke.