Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Boarding Party-Commander Jorland encounter

Taskcommnda
01.01.2012 , 02:40 AM | #1
So i have searched google and found numerous strategies around the web for this encounter and our group has tried all that we could find without any luck of defeating this encounter.

We have tried getting the tank at his max range, then the healer stands at max and healer ducks in and out to heal the tank when needed, but even when our healer is at like 33-34 meters from the boss, he will still get hit by a rocket. So we had him just duck in and out of range to heal the tank when needed. We tried a melee dps tanks massey, burn massey then the others. tried everyone including the tank at max range and burn commander because his reflect shield doesn't hit hard, but he still lobs rockets at us.

Does anyone have some sort of sure fire way to beat this encounter, because at the moment it seems too crazy to defeat.

Usual group comp is either an operative healer or a sorc healer, powertech dps, juggernaut tank and sorcerer dps.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Iwipe
01.01.2012 , 02:58 AM | #2
Normal mode or hardmode?

Normal mode when I did it I just healed through it. We killed medic first, then killed massey and then finally Jorland.

However, if you kill Massey last and Commander Jorland 2nd, it will reduce the damage from Jorland as Jorland's output damage is decrease by that shield from Massey.

Also zerging helps as the zone in point is right next door. Having everyone with med packs/stims helps to lower the load on the healer.

Was a very rough encounter.

Havn't beat the HM encounter yet without "exploiting"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmgnV...ChLrXdb4ywtoCT

Btw, apparently if you wipe once on this fight there is no loot.

jasonthelamb
01.01.2012 , 03:10 AM | #3
What we did with an under-leveled tank, was burn the guy on the left, then the main boss in the center, and left the healer for last - only issue we had before we tried it the other way (healer, guy on left, main boss) was that our tank wasn't holding aggro, so the other guy would keep aggroing on the DPS, which would cause us to wipe.

Auilt
01.01.2012 , 03:15 AM | #4
We have been working on this encounter for the better part of 3 hours now with zero luck.

The enrage is ridiculously short. We've managed to kill either the healer or the chief first, but hit enrage without getting another one down. If you kill the chief first, the commander starts a channeled bolt volley that hits like a truck. Killing the healer takes forever because, well, he's a healer.

The smoothest strat we had was tanking the healer and the commander where they stand and pulling the chief back on top of the stairs to line of sight the grenades. The healer stands on the boxes in front of the stairs and eats grenades and heals everyone. We were able to get the chief down pretty consistently that way, but always died trying to kill the healer. Once the chief goes down, it seems like the damage on the other two goes way up. I'm a merc with 4k armor and I take nearly 3k damage from the grenades the commander shoots and she shoots them about every 3 seconds. When he's not using that, he's using that blaster volley that hits like a mack truck.

I just can't see how this fight is intended to be won. I ran BT hard mode and 1-shot every boss without too much trouble. We 1-shot every other boss in BP without much trouble. We get in here and wipe for 3 hours+ on one boss without ever even killing 2 of the 3 mobs.

How in the hell are you supposed to do this fight?!

Auilt
01.01.2012 , 03:27 AM | #5
We talked it out a bit, and we decided that the proper order is probably either Healer->Commander->Chief, or Commander and then whatever you want. Part of the issue is that the Chief's shield reduces the Commander's damage. Once the Chief dies, the Commander just starts waylaying people and it's really unhealable.

If you had two interrupters, I would suggest Healer->Commander->Chief. Healer should go down pretty quick if you can keep him from healing. From that point, it's just a war of attrition. If that doesn't work, you can try Commander first to reduce the damage your party is taking and then slowly wittle the others down.

Good luck. We gave up.

Taskcommnda
01.01.2012 , 04:22 AM | #6
Sorry, hard mode.

jasonthelamb
01.01.2012 , 06:50 AM | #7
Also noticed if you keep moving helps from getting hit from the commander's rocket gun.

Blaaine
01.01.2012 , 06:44 PM | #8
HERIOC MODE:

This last boss is just STUPID MODE hard.

No CC.

No Threat.

Hits for crazy amount of HP's.

The grenades follow u. No matter how much you move they will hit you.

WTB a NERF on this boss.

phlowbies
01.01.2012 , 06:49 PM | #9
It's not hard at all. Your dps is undergeared or your healer can't handle the damage put out yet.

Destroy the medic, keep her interrupted, destroy shield dude, nuke him. But stop complaining about "OMG ITS TOO HARD CAUSE I CAN'T DO IT" because I assure you, there's a TON of people that can. Get more gear, or bang your heads against the wall until it falls over. All of this will be trivial in a week or two with more gear.

Blaaine
01.01.2012 , 07:10 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by phlowbies View Post
It's not hard at all. Your dps is undergeared or your healer can't handle the damage put out yet.

Destroy the medic, keep her interrupted, destroy shield dude, nuke him. But stop complaining about "OMG ITS TOO HARD CAUSE I CAN'T DO IT" because I assure you, there's a TON of people that can. Get more gear, or bang your heads against the wall until it falls over. All of this will be trivial in a week or two with more gear.
You are in HERIOC mode? Cause yeah.. its easy mode in normal.