Why this forum is full of complaints.

biowareftw

Same reason WoW's forum is. Go look at it. The people who love the pvp in this game are *SHOCKER* actually enjoying and loving the pvp and only come around here in between queues to shake their head.

If you really think this forum is a representation of what people think of the pvp you would be dead wrong.

The "world has been ending" in WoW on the pvp forum since vanilla. Forums is where bad players come to cry about dying. It is never going to change. Take pvp forums in any MMO with a grain of salt.

Is SWTOR different then WoW pvp? Yup. It focuses heavily on teamwork and guard, taunts. Is it as good as WoW? Once they get the animations "lag" fixed (for people with lower end computers)? It is far better imo.

Don't let other people tell you what is good and bad. Play the game yourself.

Fantastic job Bioware/EA. Haven't had this much fun PvP'ing since Ultima Online. Ilum holds a lot of promise once everyone hits endgame. I would love if we had more of it.

Happy new year devs!

PS. Change the cooldown on flash grenade. IA's have it on a 60 second timer. Smugglers have it on a 90 second timer. Must have been an oversight, and it needs corrected. :D

Funny thing is he mentioned the main real issue with PvP so he's hardly a fanboi, trolls will be trolls and all that

Good post OP.

What main issue? The flash bang? Ilum? His idea that Ilum will someday turn into an actual pvp zone just shows he is a fanboy, the quest says take objective, and there is no benefit to killing people, killing the enemy slows down your ability to do the daily, which is why it will never work as the imagined.

The flash bang is an obvious oversight, hardly a "main issue", if only we could get some dev feedback about...anything, especially something this obvious.

Same reason WoW's forum is. Go look at it. The people who love the pvp in this game are *SHOCKER* actually enjoying and loving the pvp and only come around here in between queues to shake their head.

If you really think this forum is a representation of what people think of the pvp you would be dead wrong.

The "world has been ending" in WoW on the pvp forum since vanilla. Forums is where bad players come to cry about dying. It is never going to change. Take pvp forums in any MMO with a grain of salt.

Is SWTOR different then WoW pvp? Yup. It focuses heavily on teamwork and guard, taunts. Is it as good as WoW? Once they get the animations "lag" fixed (for people with lower end computers)? It is far better imo.

Don't let other people tell you what is good and bad. Play the game yourself.

Fantastic job Bioware/EA. Haven't had this much fun PvP'ing since Ultima Online. Ilum holds a lot of promise once everyone hits endgame. I would love if we had more of it.

Happy new year devs!

PS. Change the cooldown on flash grenade. IA's have it on a 60 second timer. Smugglers have it on a 90 second timer. Must have been an oversight, and it needs corrected. :D

You're right, there isn't any problem with PVP except for not being rewarded at all for open world PVP.

That's my main issue with it. Other things are just things they can polish, like having lower durations on stuns etc against enemy players etc.

But yeah, I like PVP the way it is, I just want to be rewarded for Open Worl PVP, rather than being forced to do Warzones for rewards.

What main issue? The flash bang? Ilum? His idea that Ilum will someday turn into an actual pvp zone just shows he is a fanboy, the quest says take objective, and there is no benefit to killing people, killing the enemy slows down your ability to do the daily, which is why it will never work as the imagined.

The flash bang is an obvious oversight, hardly a "main issue", if only we could get some dev feedback about...anything, especially something this obvious.

You do understand why it is "turned off" right now as far as "getting valor" etc.

I mean it is reaaaaaaly hard to understand how that could be exploited...

Noone would ever create low level alts and farm valor right?

LOL at kids who need a cookie to pvp. Go on and tell us oh mighty pvp gurus, how WoW is balanced or is in anyway fun for a new mmo player at low levels.

Then again you were probably one of the people who made a "twink hunter/rogue" and thought it was really great fun one shotting everyone, just because you couldn't compete in end game pvp.

Fact. If you know what the hell you are doing you can contribute to a win at lower levels. WoW couldn't do this. If you are leveling completely in a warzone? Why. Get to like level 40 and pvp from 40-50. Played well you can lead healing/dps.

Maybe if 90 percent of the forum who is complaining didn't roll the SAME FACTION based on the fact they thought horde *cough* empire would be the "winning side", they could have brackets.

Do you really want a hour queue with brackets? That is what would happen lol.

You do understand why it is "turned off" right now as far as "getting valor" etc.

I mean it is reaaaaaaly hard to understand how that could be exploited...

That's the system bioware set up, if it can be exploited, maybe the game isn't perfect.

LOL at kids who need a cookie to pvp. Go on and tell us oh mighty pvp gurus, how WoW is balanced or is in anyway fun for a new mmo player at low levels.

Brackets. No further explanation needed.

Then again you were probably one of the people who made a "twink hunter/rogue" and thought it was really great fun one shotting everyone, just because you couldn't compete in end game pvp.

Never played hunter or rogue, actually, nor does this have anything to do with pvp in TOR

Fact. If you know what the hell you are doing you can contribute to a win at lower levels. WoW couldn't do this. If you are leveling completely in a warzone? Why. Get to like level 40 and pvp from 40-50. Played well you can lead healing/dps.

So no one should be allowed to pvp until 40 w hen they can contribute? This is your solution?

Maybe if 90 percent of the forum who is complaining didn't roll the SAME FACTION based on the fact they thought horde *cough* empire would be the "winning side", they could have brackets.

Do you really want a hour queue with brackets? That is what would happen lol.

I have no problem waiting for a balanced game, maybe you're the type who got to 50 and is enjoying 2 shotting all the lowbies running around, and if brackets were introduced you would have to try for kills. One of those "twink hunter/rogues" perhaps?

So much blind fanboyism.

So much blind fanboyism.

So little argument. I hope they do put in 50 brackets. Want to know why? To see the same people complaining that they have hour long queues on empire.

I will sit back and enjoy the hilarity of it all either way.

It is isn't "fanboyism". It is called common sense. Want to know why you are always playing huttball? Think long and hard about it...

lolwut.

In the amount of time you could level an alt high enough to get a ship and bring it somewhere you could kill it to get valor you could do what, 50 warzones or something?

The tiny amount (if any) of valor you'd get from killing a low level toon (I'm assuming you'd get none since they are gray to you) wouldn't even be worth it. You'd have to kill someone like 100+ times to get the valor of one round in a warzone.

Totally exploitable though, that MUST be why killing in world PVP doesn't award merc comms or valor. MUST BE!

Edited by Hypernetic

lolwut.

In the amount of time you could level an alt high enough to get a ship and bring it somewhere you could kill it to get valor you could do what, 50 warzones or something?

They tiny amount (if any) of valor you'd get from killing a low level toon (I'm assuming you'd get none since they are gray to you).

Yeah cus noone win trades in Ilum now right? Low levls high levels it doesn't matter it WOULD happen.

So little argument. I hope they do put in 50 brackets. Want to know why? To see the same people complaining that they have hour long queues on empire.

I will sit back and enjoy the hilarity of it all either way.

It is isn't "fanboyism". It is called common sense. Want to know why you are always playing huttball? Think long and hard about it...

Yes, there are more empire than republic...what does that have to do with anything. Seriously, what is the point you are trying to make with that "argument". Maybe Bioware should have made republic more appealing, but that's clearly their mistake. (oh god! another Bioware error?)

There's plenty of 50s to support brackets, and they should have been implemented in the first place, this is one of the issues that was pointed out from beta, but the dev response was "well, lvl 10s would rather get facerolled then have a fair fight."

Tragedy that the fanboy ignores everything I say, go ahead, repost how there's more empire then republic, because that seems to be the only point you're trying to make.

fanboy alert. Do not criticize the game whatever you do. He will most certainly cry.

Yes because if someone actually likes the game they are instantly a fanboy. And I guess I will generalize just like you and say anyone who calls someone a fanboy is a troll.

Yes, there are more empire than republic...what does that have to do with anything. Seriously, what is the point you are trying to make with that "argument". Maybe Bioware should have made republic more appealing, but that's clearly their mistake. (oh god! another Bioware error?)

There's plenty of 50s to support brackets, and they should have been implemented in the first place, this is one of the issues that was pointed out from beta, but the dev response was "well, lvl 10s would rather get facerolled then have a fair fight."

Tragedy that the fanboy ignores everything I say, go ahead, repost how there's more empire then republic, because that seems to be the only point you're trying to make.

Wrong. The faction imbalance is because of WoW. Horde used to be good. I know I was horde. We won damn near every battleground. Then everyone rerolled horde to join the "winning side". Blood elves had a lot to do with this as well. We had afkers and HORRIBLE players which is exactly what people are seeing on the pvp servers. Every theorycrafter and crap pvp player this time around said "lets all be WINNERS", and that is why you have population imbalance.

Before you discount WoW, understand that the majority of the players in this game most likely played WoW and many of them early in the game, when alliance got clownstomped.

If people actually played the faction they like most would probably be rebels. I am sure rebels are horrible on pve servers but that is because "mediocre" pvp players most likey joined pve servers as empire to farm people who really aren't that good at pvp and do it just for fun on the rebel side.

Like I said if they put in 50 brackets right now? You would literally have hour long queues at times. 1) republic is severely outnumbered. 2) people usually join the "good side" to raid because they don't have to deal with as many emo nerdragers in raiding, which means not all of the players on the rebel side are queuing for warzones and leveling in them 24/7 .

Do me a favor. Level a republic to 10 on a pvp server. Go to Drummand Kaas and read the general chat. Do the same thing in Coruscant. THAT is why many people rolled alliance for raiding and not Horde.

They don't have to deal with people like you who are so unoriginal that you use terms like "fanboy". People like you are literally clones. You can only respond with "fanboy", "QQ" etc, because in any argument or rational discussion? You have no response.

If they put in brackets right now? There would be far more complaints then there is currently. My queues are literally instant on republic, how are yours on empire?

Then you have people who say let us play more then hutball. Sorry you can't do that. Why? You already have 2/3rds more people to raid with, and some people enjoy world pvp. You can't punish a faction in all three phases of the game, just because you want to be on the percieved "winning side". Btw I have solo queued almost to rank 55 and clownstomped the majority of the pugs empire side.

I had no problem in pvp against higher levels. I started pvping at 40 and leveled all the way to 50. By the time I was near 50 I was merc and warzone commendation capped. If I would have pvped earlier it would have been near pointless.

The fact you can make DAMN GOOD MONEY, and get xp in warzones doesn't make it a good idea to only level in them. It is completely pointless. You can be capped on bags commendations from like 40-47. Why would you purposely level slower in warzones, at low levels to get killed by higher levels, then cry about it on forums.

Say they make a 40-50 bracket. People are still going to complain. That MIGHT be doable atm, but you are still going to have long queues on Empire.

• 2 months later...
In every MMO i've played (Trust me, i've played a lot), there is one common denominator in the forums: Complaints about PvP. People don't like losing, thus they think up fake reasons they lost, then they try to get other classes nerfed so they can have easier times of it.

90% of the negativity here is because there is minimal feedback. Dev's avoid the PVP forum like the plague. The Q&A weekly questions avoid any meaningful PVP content for questions like, "Will there be more dance emotes in the future"?.

There is broken PVP content that hasn't been addressed.

If you watched the Guild Summmit you saw the guy talking about Legacy content talk at length. He was open and straight forward. While Gabe's PVP lecture was curt and avoided anything about class balancing, faction imbalance, resolve bar or any other hard topic.

People are negative because they love PVP and Star Wars... and the lack of feedback is insulting.

Edited by Typheran