Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Underworld Trading broken

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Underworld Trading broken

Idaho-D
01.01.2012 , 12:36 AM | #1
Prior to the patch which adjusted Slicing, I was getting about one recipe per 15-20 missions. Now it's about one per 60-70 missions

I didn't read anything about Underworld Trading being adjusted so this seems to be a new bug.

On a side note, why do I always get Sith Dueling pants? I have 5 of these in the 12 recipes I have found in UT missions. Nobody wants them?
Idaho, Duncan

Mikisoq
01.01.2012 , 01:17 AM | #2
i am droid over 9000, after analysis of playerbase, i have come to conclusion that most of player base is female nympho sith sorcerers, therefore most schematics are for their dresses and robes.
SHAME ON YOU FILTHY HUMAN!

Idaho-D
01.01.2012 , 04:39 AM | #3
Since the patch I have had one or two companions running Underworld Trading missions constantly. So how ever many missions that would be in about 30 hours of gameplay for one schematic returned. Sith Dueling Pants, but that's not the bug of course.

The bug is that prior to the patch 30 hours of Underworld Trading would have yielded 5-7 schematics, now just one. I call it a bug because no changes were mentioned in the patch notes.
Idaho, Duncan

Almghty_gir
01.01.2012 , 06:10 AM | #4
i send doc on about 5 underworld missions a day, grade 6 underworld metals always.

he comes back with about 2 schematics a day.
Bruglir Fellblade - Dark Jedi.
Guild leader - Vulgar Display of Power
Tomb of Freedon Nadd

XcomCaveRat
01.01.2012 , 12:41 PM | #5
Do rich and plentiful missions have more chance of returning a schematic? Now I am thinking if moderate missions have the same chance, then I've been wasting a lot of money for nothing by sending my comps on plentiful+ missions.

Idaho-D
01.01.2012 , 05:30 PM | #6
I ran another 20-25 UT missions today and no schematics were returned. That's over one hundred UT missions since Slicing patch with only one schematic found. Prior to the Slicing patch I was getting 2 or 3 schematics per day.
Idaho, Duncan

EgweneSedai
01.01.2012 , 07:44 PM | #7
I too have noticed since the patch that Underworld Trading has been nerfed (whether intentionally or not) as I have sent two companions out almost constantly on Underworld Grade 2 Metal Quests only hoping for the purple drop Alusteel. I was doing this for 2 days straight and only once today have found a return of 2 Alusteel after probably 100+ missions. The Alusteel is only available through Underworld Trading as far as I"m aware, so it either needs to have a higher drop rate or the items you find in underworld trading should be available as resource nodes throughout the world.

mehtar
01.01.2012 , 07:56 PM | #8
I know that the codex for cybertech says that Slicing is a good skill to take due to the schematics. Maybe when they nerfed slicing it had the effect of nerfing the schematic chance as well. Although I did get 2-3 schematics from UT and another 3-4 from drops just today, so maybe the RNG doesn't like the OP.
Squadron 238

bboudreaux
01.01.2012 , 08:01 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Idaho-D View Post
Prior to the patch which adjusted Slicing, I was getting about one recipe per 15-20 missions. Now it's about one per 60-70 missions

I didn't read anything about Underworld Trading being adjusted so this seems to be a new bug.

On a side note, why do I always get Sith Dueling pants? I have 5 of these in the 12 recipes I have found in UT missions. Nobody wants them?
since underworld trading is not actually about getting schematics, I'd say it's not broken.

the schematics are just a bonus based on a RNG

Idaho-D
01.02.2012 , 07:52 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by bboudreaux View Post
since underworld trading is not actually about getting schematics, I'd say it's not broken.

the schematics are just a bonus based on a RNG
Not true. Random schematic drops for armor are a stated feature of Underworld Trading.

Before the 12/27 patch I was getting about one schematic per 10-20 missions. Since the patch, one schematic in 130 UT missions now. That's outside any possible statistical streak so it's bugged somehow.
Idaho, Duncan