Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

400 biochem/bioanalysis/diplomacy

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
400 biochem/bioanalysis/diplomacy

Fxtech
01.01.2012 , 08:48 AM | #21
I dont get it, you guy complain that Biochem who invested tons of money to get Reusable have an unfair advantage over other players ?

HELLO !!!! you can buy the usable one with the same power and have other crewskills to play arround.

In WoW Alchemist had reusable flask and pot, that never prevented other player to buy the usable one while having other tradeskills.

Actualy Biochem is realy bad because any non Biochem can have the same advantage then the Biochem themself with buying the medpak/stim and can have other perk with other crewskills.

Sometimes people ... realy ... /facepalm

Jimmyup
01.01.2012 , 09:05 AM | #22
TBH the reusable part is not that OP, it is that the reusable part also has a x2 effectiveness to it.

Cosmoz
01.01.2012 , 09:11 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Fxtech View Post
I dont get it, you guy complain that Biochem who invested tons of money to get Reusable have an unfair advantage over other players ?

HELLO !!!! you can buy the usable one with the same power and have other crewskills to play arround.

In WoW Alchemist had reusable flask and pot, that never prevented other player to buy the usable one while having other tradeskills.

Actualy Biochem is realy bad because any non Biochem can have the same advantage then the Biochem themself with buying the medpak/stim and can have other perk with other crewskills.

Sometimes people ... realy ... /facepalm
What you are not realizing is that this is the goal of the thread...to make an issue that biochem should be nerfed like slicing was.
Get on board the Falcon kid, this place is gonna blow!

Onomas
01.01.2012 , 12:02 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Soulberry View Post
Wrong.

This gives the person who "sacrificed" their crafting slot some very powerful perks.. i would say nearly essential for pvprs, and good for anyone who needs some survivability while questing. The other 2 professions you take will give you items to sell if you choose.

Pick a different crafting prof if you want to make stuff to sell, but don't whine and muck up bio.. it is fine as it is.
Its not wrong, its economy, selling, crafting, business. Obviously you have no clue about economy. And its your choice to "sacrifice" your crafting slot.

And as you said a very powerful perk. But you people werent ok with slicing's powerful perk. So i hope biochem is nerfed. No one should have that much healing in pvp over another. So they need to make this available to everyone or nerf it. Its your choice you took a weak class and cant survive in pvp.

removing the biochem level lock, and not making it reusable takes away the "get out of jail" card , the "i win" button, and "i want everything easy" junk away. Also allows others that chose not to take biochem the chance to use these better medpacks, which promoted sales, which makes crafting better for everyone.

I am biochem btw, and yeah i think it needs changed. Limiting sales is never good for a crafting system.

proplayr
01.01.2012 , 12:50 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Tersidre View Post
Well ive been 50 for about four days now.. and i managed to get all my crafting to max and now have 1 of each of the top end "rakata" reusable stimpacks/medpacks/adrenals. I gotta tell you i have yet to see anything nearly as useful as biochem is.

The rataka medkit is just so incredibly good its borderline imbalanced.. 6k heal with a 2k dot? Tie that in with my jugg tank cooldowns and i literally cannot be killed i can have an ENTIRE TEAM on me in huttball and without an outside healer i can go from the ball spawn point to the enemy goal line being pounded on the entire way. By the time i get to the goal i might need some back up but when i did this with 3 guildies helping me we went 6-0 in huttball 13 times in a row.

And in tanking PvE wise with the rakata adrenals and such all pumping I can sit there and EAT boss enrage hits and i dont have to move out of anything I can just eat all of it. If i actually go along with the mechanics I simply do not die and barely even need 1 healer.. this is on regular mode eternity vault by the way... its not quite as extreme in the hard modes but still my guild healers say they fall asleep with me tanking with these biochem craftables pumping through me.

Im not saying nerf biochem not by anymeans its really fun imo... but they really need to bring the other crafting up to par. I literally have not seen anything as useful or as interesting as what biochem provides.

oh and one thing to add in for biochem and pvp.. with the rakata stimpack i can STAND IN THE FIRETRAPS in huttball and eat every single tick and if i use the medpack at the right time I will survive it and keep on walking.. i imagine its really been making people mad who are constantly pounding on me only to have me walk through the fire and come out the other end still at 80% health while they have to wait for it to go away.

Here's a idea restrict lvl 50 to their own. Really stupid lvl 10s pvping against 50s.

Whitticker
01.01.2012 , 01:03 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Onomas View Post
Its not wrong, its economy, selling, crafting, business. Obviously you have no clue about economy. And its your choice to "sacrifice" your crafting slot.

And as you said a very powerful perk. But you people werent ok with slicing's powerful perk. So i hope biochem is nerfed. No one should have that much healing in pvp over another. So they need to make this available to everyone or nerf it. Its your choice you took a weak class and cant survive in pvp.

removing the biochem level lock, and not making it reusable takes away the "get out of jail" card , the "i win" button, and "i want everything easy" junk away. Also allows others that chose not to take biochem the chance to use these better medpacks, which promoted sales, which makes crafting better for everyone.

I am biochem btw, and yeah i think it needs changed. Limiting sales is never good for a crafting system.
I can kind of see where you're coming from in saying that the reusable aspect needs to be removed, but when you put into consideration that, for the most part, the blue/prototype versions of the stims, medpacks, and adrenals are actually better than the reusable ones, it becomes clear that reusability isn't severely "limiting sales" in a way that would demand action on the developers' part. The blue/prototype consumables are exactly where biochem has an opportunity to make money and develop a market, especially with PvPers who are looking for that extra edge in Warzones.

The reusable medpacs are, as everyone else has said, rewards for putting in so much time and money into crafting. Additionally, if the reusable aspect of these craft-ables are removed, then the player who spent all this time and money now needs to spend even more on crafting consumables for himself. If you remove the reusable aspect of this, you're actually inhibiting the creation of a market for biochem consumables because the crafters will be forced into a scenario where they must use their resources on things other than supply for the market. In fact, I would argue that players who choose biochem have the best market because they craft the reusables, never have to spend resources on themselves again, and then put all future resources towards supplying the market.

Is this really that different from crafting armor, weapons, or mods? Not really, because all those professions allow the crafter to create products for themselves and never have to worry about wasting resources on their characters again. Removing the reusable aspect of biochem consumables is akin to putting a cap on the amount of damage you take or the number of times you die while wearing armor you crafted through armormech or weapons you made through armstech.

The reusable trait of these biochem-exclusive items is NOT an issue to the game's economy and is actually what allows the biochem user to put their resources into the market.
"No one of intelligence resents the inevitable."

Lord_Itharius
01.01.2012 , 01:31 PM | #27
As much as I like a 9000 heal every 90 seconds, it needs to be nerfed to be in line with blue lvl 49 medkits. That is, a 4000 heal with an additional 1500 or so over 10 seconds. Else it is too powerful.
"can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out." - battlebug

Raltar
01.01.2012 , 02:01 PM | #28
Quote:
The reusable medpacs are, as everyone else has said, rewards for putting in so much time and money into crafting.
The problem is that Biochem is currently the only crew skill that does this. If the other crew skills had something similar, it wouldn't be a big deal. I don't want Biochem nerfed. I want other crew skills brought up to Biochem's level.

Whitticker
01.01.2012 , 02:10 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord_Itharius View Post
As much as I like a 9000 heal every 90 seconds, it needs to be nerfed to be in line with blue lvl 49 medkits. That is, a 4000 heal with an additional 1500 or so over 10 seconds. Else it is too powerful.
Do players have any other means of accessing similarly powerful medkits at that level? If they're available through content at those levels (raids?), then I don't see why a purple schematic that requires a high level in that profession and expensive mats--all of which require a lot of time and money to obtain--shouldn't be better than the blue medkits. However, if medkits of such strength are only available to biochemists, then yes, I agree, it does need to brought in line.

Quote: Originally Posted by Raltar View Post
The problem is that Biochem is currently the only crew skill that does this. If the other crew skills had something similar, it wouldn't be a big deal. I don't want Biochem nerfed. I want other crew skills brought up to Biochem's level.
I couldn't agree more.
"No one of intelligence resents the inevitable."

-sith_hunter-
01.01.2012 , 02:32 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord_Itharius View Post
I agree. unkillable = no fun for anyone else.
Quote: Originally Posted by General_Malor View Post
If a small army is bothering them, we come in and clean house. If a yellow-eyed freak is troubling one of us they throw him through a wall with mind powers. Separately we are Heroes, together we are Legends. ^_^