Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

400 biochem/bioanalysis/diplomacy

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
400 biochem/bioanalysis/diplomacy

Lukeia
01.01.2012 , 04:58 AM | #11
I actually really like it. It makes sense that the person making the biochem would be able to make a complicated reusable pack for themself but that requires specific knowledge to be able to use. It's like a nurse understanding the complex parts of iv's and meds and being able to therefore apply them to herself in a way that would take a lot of schooling to explain to her patients. Reusables for the biochemist themself and single use put on the market to sell. I think it makes a lot of sense and I really enjoy it.

KTheAlchemist
01.01.2012 , 05:11 AM | #12
What's odd about the biochem thing is it feels like the "perk" items every tradeskill in WoW gets that only they can use, but it's the only crew skill in the entire game that gets such a thing.

Do not nerf this. Give other crafting crew skills a cookie.

Maybe special better-than-best mods of some kind for artificer, armstech, and armortech, or the ability to add a slot to bound gear...something.

KaiHeilos
01.01.2012 , 05:17 AM | #13
Cybertech gets free speeders and reusable grenades.

Looks like Artifice can make BoP Relics with Augments slots and the other crafts can make BoP sets of gear with some pretty high level mods in them.

jgmcdee
01.01.2012 , 05:44 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by KaiHeilos View Post
...Cybertech gets free speeders...
I'm sorry, have you seen the material requirements for the crafted speeders? I wouldn't classify them as "free".

Oh, and you have to level Cybertech as well. I'm sure I spent a bit of money doing that. So free? No.

The simple reality right now is that crew skills are imbalanced between skills and imperfect in each skill. The idea should be to buff other crew skills so that they are all useful in some way, not to nerf existing crew skills so they are all useless.

And on the original point: the only difference between reusable and consumable in the long run is cost. That's it. If you want to level Biochem (and Bioanalysis and Diplomacy) to 400 to save some credits in the long run then do it. If you would rather spend the time earning credits to spend on consumables do that. It's really not that much of a difference.

Deadeight
01.01.2012 , 06:31 AM | #15
I think the reusable medpacs are fine.

KaiHeilos
01.01.2012 , 06:34 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by jgmcdee View Post
The simple reality right now is that crew skills are imbalanced between skills and imperfect in each skill. The idea should be to buff other crew skills so that they are all useful in some way, not to nerf existing crew skills so they are all useless.
So Biochem is really useful and unbalanced in regards to other crafting skills.

Quote: Originally Posted by jgmcdee View Post
And on the original point: the only difference between reusable and consumable in the long run is cost. That's it. If you want to level Biochem (and Bioanalysis and Diplomacy) to 400 to save some credits in the long run then do it. If you would rather spend the time earning credits to spend on consumables do that. It's really not that much of a difference.
Except it's not and all it does is save some credits.

Contradiction much?

You also ignored the reusable grenades, augmentable relics and BoP gear that the other crafts get while complaining about the speeder price.

Kissakias
01.01.2012 , 07:04 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by KaiHeilos View Post
Cybertech gets free speeders and reusable grenades.

Looks like Artifice can make BoP Relics with Augments slots and the other crafts can make BoP sets of gear with some pretty high level mods in them.
correct
Join us and earn gooood rewards using my referral http://www.swtor.com/r/ZvPhZd... Be a suber today!!
--39400--achievement points--

Murwing
01.01.2012 , 07:42 AM | #18
Next week patch notes:
Biochem items 'slightly' reduced in effectiveness.
more baby names added to credits

7 hours downtime to make these changes.

Only the rest of the professions to make useless.... oh wait.

-lolwtf
01.01.2012 , 07:54 AM | #19
I am level 25 and crafting 160 bio dip. I have spent 75k credits to make it to the bio Chem level where I can make reusable health packs that do 2000 - 2500 heal. I can make non reusable ones that I can sell, materials cost about 2k. I have invested dozens of hours crafting, sending companions out and spending alot of money learning the craft, reverse engineering and recipes.

So fwiw it takes a long time and alot of money for reusable ones which u ppl could just buy non reusable ones and have another craft with the money you would save levelling biochem.

Atleast biochem get a little perk to make the items that ppl buy from the auction house. If we didn't get a reusable one, we would NEVER sell the ones we craft.

Soulberry
01.01.2012 , 07:55 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Onomas View Post
reusable = no repeat customers = lack of income = crap crafting system.
Wrong.

This gives the person who "sacrificed" their crafting slot some very powerful perks.. i would say nearly essential for pvprs, and good for anyone who needs some survivability while questing. The other 2 professions you take will give you items to sell if you choose.

Pick a different crafting prof if you want to make stuff to sell, but don't whine and muck up bio.. it is fine as it is.