Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Qyzen Fess sucks!

Sumire
01.01.2012 , 03:58 AM | #11
He is great, I can solo most elites with him easily specced as healer.
Grammar is important. Capital letters are the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.

Kaphik
01.01.2012 , 07:18 AM | #12
I love Qyzen and I'm an Infiltration Shadow. Against stronger enemies when his health is low I'll taunt, and when I time it right we trade taunts to spread the damage around. I've got a couple of moddable pieces for him. The only problem I have is is I'll pull aggro on longer fights.

Kudaran
01.01.2012 , 08:16 AM | #13
At least he doesn't have a hologirlfriend he can spam every 5 seconds.

suck it up, I'd rather deal with a bad lizard tank than a healer who'd rather stare at a holograph and think he's helping. Not to mention the endless whining and cynicism, and losing affection any time you mention the force. With Qyzen you just gotta act tough to get affection, and pretend your some herald or something...

Emekk
01.01.2012 , 10:14 AM | #14
I've played a knight to 50 and a consular to 50, so that's 10 different companions i've played with, qyzen is definitely the worst one. I wont be using him ever ever ever again.

Aamaretto
01.01.2012 , 12:16 PM | #15
Interesting the drastic differences in opinion.

I tried using my other companions, but the fastest and most efficiently I could kill mobs was with Qyzen until I got my last companion. I'm heal-specced, and I think that's the difference. If I was another spec, I imagine one of the other companions would have been better. (And I almost want to spec dps just to see how quickly me and Companion #5 kill things )
~ Aamaretto Phobos ~ Jedi Consular ~ Seer Sage ~
~ Kione Phobos ~ Imperial Agent ~ Engineering Sniper ~

Deedre
01.01.2012 , 12:57 PM | #16
There's a lot of hate for the lizard, yeah, but I've used him all the way to level 40 and he tanks like a champ for me. I also kill most efficiently with him in combination with forcequake on normal mobs; on elites, he's tough enough to take the hits and I keep him healed up.

I may switch to the LT -- he's also a tank. None of the other companions do a thing for me. I need a tank to level the way I like to level as a hybrid seer/TK. I've tried the other guys, and they all suck and simply are not suited to my toolset. I don't need another healer, and a dps toon means I do much of the tanking, and both make killing stuff slower.

mfryder
01.01.2012 , 02:28 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Ardwan View Post
I really hope they hurry up and bring back the Search function so I can stop answering this question.

There are only two types of Heavy Armor. Jedi Knight armor with str/end and Trooper armor with Aim/End.
The Devs didn't want Fess running around dressed as a Jedi so his primary stat was left as AIM.
If you stack Str instead of Aim you will gimp his abilities as they all rely on Tech, which is only improved by the Aim stat.

As for the OP, while all true on some level, Fess is not the only companion to have these issues, he is not the only companion to use Techblades, and he is perfectly fine for levelling with. Evidenced by the many, many people who have done so.
Wow, someone with reason ...

CrexRex
01.01.2012 , 04:09 PM | #18
I'm a Tele Sage, I bought Qyzen mod-able armor in my mid 20s and fully geared him with End/Aim (bought armor slots as I could afford it from the auction house). Right away I could notice a huge difference with his tanking ability. Yeah, money was tight because it's expensive to gear up two characters as you level, but it was well worth it.

Any elite since lvl 25 or so has been a cinch. Just have Qyzen attack the elite mob, and dps and watch his health, at about when Qyzen hits 40% HPs just start healing him and the mob will go down. Many fights I didn't have to heal him because the elite mob died when Qyzen at 15-20% HPs.

At lvl 37 Qyzen is running around with 9700 HPs or so. I don't know how other 37 sages do when I mouse over their Qyzen and their companion only has like 7000 HPs

Tenetke
01.01.2012 , 04:28 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by CrexRex View Post
I'm a Tele Sage, I bought Qyzen mod-able armor in my mid 20s and fully geared him with End/Aim (bought armor slots as I could afford it from the auction house). Right away I could notice a huge difference with his tanking ability. Yeah, money was tight because it's expensive to gear up two characters as you level, but it was well worth it.

Any elite since lvl 25 or so has been a cinch. Just have Qyzen attack the elite mob, and dps and watch his health, at about when Qyzen hits 40% HPs just start healing him and the mob will go down. Many fights I didn't have to heal him because the elite mob died when Qyzen at 15-20% HPs.

At lvl 37 Qyzen is running around with 9700 HPs or so. I don't know how other 37 sages do when I mouse over their Qyzen and their companion only has like 7000 HPs
Because they are able to fry most mobs in the time it takes him to even reach his target.

I'm thinking most everyone that says he is fine fits into 1 of 2 categories.

1) healers
2) low level

While you may say "well at higher levels you have other choices", and you would have a point, I would respond with "well what's the point of giving me a companion that I'm actually interested in if he just gimps my playstyle so badly?"
Try hard is now an insult? At what point did our society degrade so much that trying hard is an insult? What's next? People who perpetuate this idea of "trying hard is a bad thing" are only hurting our society as a whole. They should be removed from it, forcefully if required. You don't randomly allow a cancer to grow, you excise it.

Arcadiandiplomat
01.01.2012 , 04:48 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Conundrum-NSA View Post
Qyzen is fine, especially if you're healer specced.
I have found this to be true as well.
I find your lack of faith disturbing.