Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why so much hate for remastered star wars films?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Why so much hate for remastered star wars films?

jarjarloves
01.01.2012 , 05:23 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by EcoLightstorm View Post
I heard there were only a few drafts of the scripts for episode one... Any writer worth anythin edits repeatedly and then someone else edits it. Lucas surrounds himself with brown nosing yes men. It's amazing how bad ep1-3 are, not to mention for a moment Indy jones four :/
if you ever get a chance read the original draft of A New Hope. It is god awful.

It's like a bad remake of Star Wars. It has some things that are familer but then other things are just weird like Vader isn't a Sith he is actually just an Admiral like Grand Moff Tarkin.

Thank god that movie never got made and instead he rewrote it several times.

Ceogar
01.01.2012 , 05:53 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Vecke View Post
It was a completely unnecessary change that cheapened what was my all time favorite scenes* in all of Star Wars.

So that's why the blu ray edition of star wars is the only one I won't own.
I agree, so many changes makes NO sense at all. I think Lucas is just retarded nowdays. I have seen the updated versions one time, and i dident even finish.

They are impossible to watch. I mean he RUINS Solos char in just 1 sec, ruined for all movies with one stupid little thing.

Before extra shot was added he was cold, ruthless, fast. Now he is just a lucky guy.
Adosi / Isoda / Xilok and a ******** of other chars @ Chimaera-Europe. | Eyefinity user!

Tirrallas
01.01.2012 , 06:05 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by EcoLightstorm View Post
If you want to really understand why ep 1 -3 are so bad then watch the plinkett reviews. The reviews are hilarious, and they are critical with being pretentious.
This guy knows where its at.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxKtZmQgxrI
۞⋞░▒⊈⋐⋑⊉▒▒۩ʭ▒░╬███████████████████████████████████)

jarjarloves
01.01.2012 , 06:58 PM | #24
so here is my problem with the CG Upgrades to the original trilogy.

I just rewatched A New Hope on Blu ray and you know what? The CG Looks awful.

The Jaba the Hutt scene looks dated and fake. The CG does not hold up to todays standards. Jabba in Episode 1 looks good but in A New Hope he looks so freaking horrible.

Also Jaba looked the most realistic when he was a puppet in Return of the Jedi.

CG man it just looks fake.

Zalanox
01.02.2012 , 01:31 AM | #25
You need to look at it from his perspective. Lucas knows damn well that anything with "Star Wars" in its name will be immensely popular. The movies will destroy the box office and the merchandise will sell like crazy. And then release the movies every few years with a few edits and keep making money off the same exact thing.

He doesn't need to make it good. He just needs to make it. He's like the best businessman in the world. The Wall Street nubs have nothing on him.

MrPiiglesworth
01.02.2012 , 01:41 AM | #26
Im not cool enough to say I watched the original 3 in theaters since I was born in 1993. But my parents bought me episodes 4-6 on VHS with the documentary before each one (which I skipped because I was 5).

So obviously, I love episodes 1-3 as well, I feel like they make a great addition to the original 3.

However, I don't like remastering these films for more money, just like the crap series "The Clone Wars." I hate the idea of episode 1 being in 3D. I also bought the Blu-Ray DVDs that just came out, and on some things I wanted back to the originals. The one I wanted most was Old Ben's yell at the sand people in episode 4.

I am all down for increasing quality, but when you **** on it with 3D effects, or make the entire film animated, it sucks.

LordMerrick
01.03.2012 , 11:39 PM | #27
I dunno anything about the blue ray remakes....bcuz i havent seen them. But I've seen a LOT of talk about Vader's "nooooooo!"

assuming this is the end of episode 3, when he learns padme died.....can somebody please explain to me whats wrong with that? Is it because luke already yelled "nooooo!" when he found out vader was his father? Is that why?

Spikeskcd
01.03.2012 , 11:49 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by xnoxiousx View Post
Eh i dont see it as that big of a deal. But then again i did not watch star wars movies till 2000's and they were dvd not original.

After watching Episodes I, II and III, you can clearly see that Anakin hates loosing family and friends. Anakin Yelled "Nooooo" in Episode 3 because he was told that Padme died. He loved he so much.

Now, for the part where Vader yells "No, Nooo" in Episode 6, its because hes not going to let his son die, at the hands of the Emperor, who indirectly killed Padme. I find this "No, noo" completely accurate.

No need for "No, noo" if there were no prequels.

So yes it makes sense to add it but just to fit the prequels.
That Noo scene from 3 killed the move to me. It is dead. Between that and the horror of 1... There were only 4-6. NO other movies... The first remakes of 4-6 were not all that bad though.

Spikeskcd
01.03.2012 , 11:54 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by LordMerrick View Post
I dunno anything about the blue ray remakes....bcuz i havent seen them. But I've seen a LOT of talk about Vader's "nooooooo!"

assuming this is the end of episode 3, when he learns padme died.....can somebody please explain to me whats wrong with that? Is it because luke already yelled "nooooo!" when he found out vader was his father? Is that why?
Once you see him as Vador you wanted to see him as the emotionaless monster we saw him in 4 and 5, and some of 6. This "Nooo" broke with his norm so drastically, while making sense at the same time, made you look at him not as the COOL dark lord sith that we all knew and loved, but rather a whiny little brat (losing all cool factor he had). If he had started to destroy and kill everyone/thing in the room and seem like he was about to yell, then go dead still, that would have been worlds better and appropriate.

Vecke
01.04.2012 , 01:30 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by LordMerrick View Post

It's not the end of Episode 3 that people are complaining about. At the end of Episode 6, when Vader makes his...final decision... in regards to Luke and the Emperor, Lucas has now taken the "NOOOO!" from Episode 3 and dubbed it over that scene in Episode 6. It's a terrible edit and it has no place in that scene.
"I know."